Opinions on Norway

MissPrice

Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!
Hello all. I'm thinking of making an ADR for the Princess meal in Norway for dinner. What have your experiences been? Is the food tasty? Is there something on the menu for picky eaters? How is the character interaction? We will be going for dinner. Thanks in advanced. :) -Amanda

We have been twice for dinner and we LOVED it. The food is very "normal". They have a salad bar with lots of choices from regular salad to cold boiled shrimp and herring :cool1: The entrees have meatballs which DH really likes, a pork dish that was wonderful and several others, I know one choice was salmon. The dessert is a trio served family style which is so tasty!

The characters are wonderful. Belle greets you and you get a picture with her (the prints are included with your meal). The other Princesses come around and are great and they do a little parade.

Character interaction in Norway was wonderful however not our favorite food and the reservations seem to run later there than anywhere else.

We have been there and had a great time. The food gets mixed reviews, but usually some good options that everyone can choose from. Personally we did enjoyed the food when we were there.

The interaction with the Princesses was very good. We always suggest this to people as a great option for a Princess meal. So if the Princess is the most important part we would definitely recommend it. :thumbsup2

It was one of our favourite ADR options, we ate there on Christmas Eve 2009 and it was just beautiful. The character interaction was amazing and the food was just beautiful! We would definitely do it again.

Had dinner there June 2011. My DD was 7 then and thought she was "over" princesses but I booked it anyway. While the food, for us, left a little to be desired, the character interaction made up for it. The restaurant was packed but we didn't feel the princesses rushed thru. The salad/cold bar was good. We filled up more on that than our entrees. There is a princess parade for the kids to join in on. I'm glad we did it as we got lots of good pictures. We wouldn't do it again just for the food, but it's cheaper (either OOP or on the DDP) than doing CRT so for that, it's worth it + you might not have to stand in lines to meet the princesses in the parks (once my DD meets a character, she's not interested in meeting them again.)

We've done the Akershus princess dinner on all 3 trips - twice for "free" on the regular dining plan, then on trip #3 we paid out of pocket since we only had the QS dining plan. We'll likely pay for it on our trip next month if we can get a reservation (it might be hard to get a ressie since we only booked the trip 44 days out). The kid's drinks with the light-up Tink or Buzz were fun, but this next time we'll be drinking water to save $. The food was fine with us, but the princess interaction is definitely the main attraction.

The mushroom ravioli dish available for dinner there was one of my favorite meals. I might be going back this fall so I can have it again, even though nobody in the group will care much about seeing the princesses!

Thank you all so much for the information. It's just my DH and me, but we like to go to character meals, never been to a princess one though. I'm definitely booking this now..ADR's on Wednesday :cool1: DH is really picky, but I think he will be OK with the cold food if they have deli meats. Thanks again!! -Amanda

We've been once- just DH and myself and DH has declared it's one of his favorites. We haven't been in our last two trips since we've gone w/ our two boys and have chosen to spend our TS credits elsewhere. But now that we have DD we have a good excuse to eat with the Princesses again! :)

We love the place... IMO it's the best character meal at Disney. The food is good and the princesses interac more then at CRT. I think that pretty much anyone can find something on the menu.

Dh is picky and he really liked the meatball meal and also the beef tips.

I am not 100% positive about this but I think that Akershus is all you can eat. That applies to the plated entrees, not just the salad bar. So if your husband orders something he doesn't like, it shouldn't be a problem for him to order something else.

Heck, even if he does like what he orders and simply wants more, it shouldn't be a problem to get another helping.

They used to have good food at Akershus, Now they have Princesses.

Actually if you haven't been in awhile you may be pleasantly surprised. The menu has changed a lot and the food is very good. My husband is a server there and enjoys many if the options. Says a lot coming from a true Norwegian I think. ;) May want to give it another shot. The princesses will graciously skip your table if you don't want to see them and shower the attention on those who do. Gladly.

Actually if you haven't been in awhile you may be pleasantly surprised. The menu has changed a lot and the food is very good. My husband is a server there and enjoys many if the options. Says a lot coming from a true Norwegian I think. ;) May want to give it another shot. The princesses will graciously skip your table if you don't want to see them and shower the attention on those who do. Gladly.

That is a glowing recommendation. We might go again, when we have a girl in our party. After a pirate-like incident at CRT with my son (he was only 6 and is 9 now), we agreed no more princess meals. Maybe on an adult-only trip.

We've done lunch and dinner. While check and waiting to be called can be a bit hectic, everything inside is very good. We've had good service on both of our visits, everyone enjoyed their food- especially the cold bar, and the character interaction is good as well. :goodvibes

is there also a Norway bakery to go and get a quick takeout .. ?? similar to the France bakery ?? if so.. does anyone have a photo of it?

So glad to hear that couples also enjoy here. We may try it this Birthday trip if we can't get a CRT dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter