Opinions on MNSSHP fireworks???

markºoº

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>Admits to wanting
We saw Wishes at Mk on Saturday, 10/25 and, even though we did not have a great spot, thought it was fantastic. Wishes seemed like a big improvement over the prior show.

On Sunday, 10/26 we went to MNSSHP. Knowing they had special fireworks for MNSSHP, we made sure to get a good spot in front of Cindy's 15 minutes before the fireworks started.

Well, DS and I were both disappointed with the MNSSHP fireworks. We both thought Wishes was much more impressive. Other than the perimeter fireworks, MNSSHP did not have anything special, IMHO.

I'm curious what you other party goes thought of the fireworks.

Hey, I was in MK on the 25th for the fireworks, too. We watched from back in front of Casey's and the Plaza Ice Cream shop, as I was told a little distance from the Castle improved the view. SO impressive!

The next night, I asked a cast member if the fireworks show during MNSSHP was Wishes or Fantasy in the Sky and was told it was Wishes. So we headed back to the same spot, only to have Fantasy in the Sky start. So we moved back closer and to the Tomorrowland side of the castle and had a pretty good view. I agree that Wishes puts Fantasy in the Sky to shame, but FITS was still enjoyable taken on it's own merits, especially with the special "tag" at the end with the witch and 360 degree pyro.

Sorry you felt let down!

I really enjoyed the special fireworks. We watched from the bridge to Frontierland and thought the view was great. I don't think I've ever seen a 360 deg. fireworks show before. I watched them from the Wilderness Lodge later in the week and although you didn't get the 360 feeling it was awesome seeing the effect across the sky.

If you had not seen Wishes yet.....then the MNSSHP fireworks would have been more impressive!
We've seen the MNSSHP fireworks twice, this was before we got a chance to see wishes! At that time we were very impressed......thinking how much better than FITS they were.
BUT.....now that we have seen Wishes........no comparison.....Wishes is far better than any fireworks I have seen at MK.

We saw Wishes on Saturday, and MNSSHP on Sunday. We did like Wishes better than FITS but the 360 made FITS special. One thing about Wishes that could be disappointing, is that I think you have to know to stand in front of the castle. FITS could be viewed from anywhere for a fantastic show, but Wishes was definitely better from Main Street.

I hadn't seen either FITS or any "special" party fireworks until October 18 & October 19.

On October 18, we were in the MK especially to see Wishes. I thought it was only OK. I think maybe because it was SO crowded or because everyone had talked it up so much, I was a little let down.

However, on October 19th at MNSSHP, I LOVED the fireworks. The perimeter fireworks were absolute awesome!!

Of course, during both shows my DD8 was looking at the ground and covering her ears because she says that she "hates" any firworks show :rolleyes: (Next time I think I'll lock her in the room!!)

We missed Wishes when we were there a couple weeks ago. Our schedule didn't allow for us to view it the night it was showing, and we heard about the crowds the next day on the bus. We did see the MNSSHP version of FITS for the first time though, on the 14th. I was impressed. We watched it from the Tomorrowland bridge and really enjoyed the 360 effects. I liked it better than the regular FITS show. But I am glad they have improved the fireworks at MK, it should be grander than FITS was.
We decided to wait to see Wishes when we go back in april, maybe it will be less crowded for the shows then??? Not the parks, just the fireworks. Do they ever have 2 fireworks shows per night during Peak seasons?

Lori

Wishes left me in a state of AWWWWW. It was so great, veiwed it from Main Street. The MNSSHP were also enjoyable but nothing in comparision to Wishes....JMPO.

Originally posted by snowwhitemom
Wishes left me in a state of AWWWWW. It was so great, veiwed it from Main Street. The MNSSHP were also enjoyable but nothing in comparision to Wishes....JMPO.

I totally agree.

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter