Opinions on Miami hotel: Best Western on the Bay?

JenaRuns

Mouseketeer
Anybody have an opinion about Best Western on the Bay? I'm still searching for a pre-cruise hotel in Miami, a place I'm completely unfamiliar with. I was about to book Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, but somebody posted that "the area is not the best." All these $350 per night downtown hotels don't appeal to me, price-wise.

I'd like a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port. Ideas, anybody?

Ill be interested to see what responses you get. We are sailing out of Miami as well, in November. I looked at various hotels and don't want to spend a fortune. We ended up using points from Holiday Inn to stay at the Miami Beach one. I still have to figure out transfers, but we have time.

Nobody is telling us anything! How about Marriott Courtyard downtown? And I was considering a Holiday Inn, too. Neither of those has shuttles, though.

I didn't know about the hotels with shuttles when I booked ours at the HI. However, we used points, so we are probably saving money in the long run... Wo knows? Our other two DCL cruises were out of Canaveral, so I feel a bit lost and overwhelmed. I want to spend one or two nights in Miami prior to the cruise, as the kids have not been there. We go Nov. 6th, so I have time to figure it out... When are you going?

I just decided on the Embassy Suites Miami - International Airport today. We have 10 people so we needed rooms that could hold at least 5. All of the rooms are 2 room suites with balconies. They have a free shuttle from/to the airport and also within a 3 mile radius, but you have to pay for one to the port. Sorry, but I don't know how much since we have a car. It was $135/night for an advanced, non-refundable booking. They also have free breakfast. We leave in 10 days, so I will let you know how we liked it. I have read that a cab from around the airport is $25 to/from the port.

There are two Hampton Inns - one in downtown and one in the airport (blue lagoon area).

Reviews for the downtown were pretty good, and the airport one a close second. We ended up with the second one as they had an option for points+cash. This one had free parking in a nice gated garage. The downtown is a charge.

There are two Hampton Inns - one in downtown and one in the airport (blue lagoon area).

Reviews for the downtown were pretty good, and the airport one a close second. We ended up with the second one as they had an option for points+cash. This one had free parking in a nice gated garage. The downtown is a charge.

I think we are going to go with the Hampton Inn you stayed it. Love the gated garage!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

we stayed at La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East it has free parking, free breakfast, free pick up/drop off from Miami Airoprt and free shuttle to the Port of Miami, if you need ride from port of Miami they will pick you up but you need to pay $10 for that. We stayed for 2 nights before our cruise, returned the car to the Miami Airport car rental place the night before the cruise, took free shuttle back to the hotel and shuttle to the port next morning. Very easy. You just have to sign up to the shuttle to the port the day before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter