Opinions on Cypress Pointe Grande Villas

DiznyDeeDee

Earning My Ears
We are staying at Cypress Point Grand Villas in August. Has anyone else been there before? If so, what did you think?

The wife and I have stayed there several times and will be there the first week in November. The units are nice. The pools are decent size. The location is great, It's easy to get anywhere from there. Grocery stores are a short distance. You can walk to some decent restaurants.

Thank you for your reply. We are looking forward to our trip. Good to hear the grocery store is nearby as we always stock up on snacks & drinks.

Haven't stayed there in a while but when we were there everything was great. I do prefer to have two doubles in the 2nd bedroom since we have three children and there was no tv in that room so they kept using ours in the master. Other than that, we really liked it.

I got it though skyauction (back in the day) for $220 for the week. Ah, those were the days.

I wouldn't pick it now because I have two teens and a big nine year old so I really want more bedding than a king and two twins. But that's just us. The place itself was fabulous. And Lake Buena vista is my favorite area around WDW. :)

We have also stayed there last year for a week and really liked the place. It was extremely convenient to Downtown Disney and Sea World. Just remember there's no housekeeping (unless you pay extra for it), and you are required to take inventory of items when you first get there as well as strip beds/take out garbage when you check out. You'll probably also get calls to come to timeshare presentations...but we just didn't answer the phone.

We've stayed at both phases of the Cypress Pointe complex - several years ago, well prior to the recently completed refurbishment, in phase I aka Cypress Pointe Resort and early last summer in the phase II Grande Villas. The resort is nice and well situated in Lake Buena Vista for easy access to Disney, Universal and Sea World. We had a first floor two-bedroom unit in the Grande Villas section and I thought that the unit showed significant wear and tear due to age since the last refurb in that section. My recollection is that everything worked but I was surprised that the unit seemed a little dirty in places - this was far from our previous experience staying in the phase I section years before. They may be refurbing phase II by now but I don't know that with any certainty.

The work that they had done, and have completed since, on the grounds is really outstanding and has included both adjacent phases. The facilities are quite nice at this relatively small resort.

Dick Taylor

We have stayed at the Grand Villas for the past three years. We rented through hotel kingdom and we didn't have to inventory or strip beds. Last year our unit was showing a little wear. It is still a nice resort especially for the price. I believe you can get in and out of the parks quicker from Cypress Pointe than if you stay in a Disney hotel.

We stayed at the Grand Villas Easter 2008 and because they were so nice we've booked to stay there again this year - July 25th-8th August. The location is soooo convenient for Disney. Can't wait to go again!! :thumbsup2

We have stayed at the Grand Villas for the past three years. We rented through hotel kingdom and we didn't have to inventory or strip beds. Last year our unit was showing a little wear. It is still a nice resort especially for the price. I believe you can get in and out of the parks quicker from Cypress Pointe than if you stay in a Disney hotel.

Please be aware that while Cypress Pointe Grande Villas, aka Phase 2, shares check in, common areas, location and most of it's name with the original Cypress Pointe Resort they are two separate resorts. The units are unique, as are the buildings. Staying at GV is NOT experiencing Cypress Pointe Resort. The units at CPR, while physically located in slightly older buildings, are actually much newer and up to date. They have all had a full renovation in 2004/5 while CPGV is still the resort it was built as in 1995-2000. They are now planning unit renovations, and many of the 1 bedroom units are done, but the 2 bedroom are not and won't be for awhile yet. Meanwhile CPR starts the next round of full unit renovations in late 2009, early 2010. The result is that the "older" resort is more up to date and has newer furnishings, softgoods, etc. The units are far more consistent at CPR while they are a mix of old and new at CPGV. So don't assume you have seen what CPR has to offer if you choose CPGV. Both are nice but there is a reason CPR is RCI Silver Crown ranked while CPGV is an unranked resort.

Remember too that CPR has no 1 bedroom units - only a lockoff studio that can be rented but cannot be obtained through trade. All units for trade ae either 2 or 3 bedroom at CPR. CPGV has 1, 2 & 3 bedroom units for rent or trade.

Just FYI.

We stayed there a couple of years ago, and the 2BR unit was very spacious. If you added the 1BR lock-off to it, you would have one quarter of the whole floor. There were loads of activities for the kids (although DD and her DFi were a little old for that ;)). We had a bottom floor, pool front unit (which was what I had requested), and it was great! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter