Opinions on Biergarten

We were there last trip and plan to go again on our trip in 2 1/2 weeks... can't pass up the good food, great beer and good old fashioned German drink songs.

Man.. Now I'm hungry. We love Biergarten, especially the beer cheese soup and the mac and cheese. Not exactly thrilled with the communal seating - we're on the quiet/private side so sometimes it's a little awkward, but the food is worth it for us. So, if your tablemates aren't into conversation, please don't be offended! It most likely isn't you! We did request to be seated at a different table once though, and they were very accommodating. (The rest of our group was one family, and you could nearly see the cloud of smoke around them. No way could I have eaten with that next to me)

We've had lunch here on our past two trips and really enjoyed it!
The first time we were seated next to a really nice family and had great conversations. The second, two weeks ago, we were seated next to two couples. Neither of them talked to us, but we didn't care. We made our own fun! We didn't have an ADR this time and got seated really quickly; like 5 minutes.
As a previous poster noted; follow directly behind the hostess and you'll get the first pick of seats.

OMG those cheese cake things (the white fluffy cake thing with powdered sugar) are amazing...I could eat just those and be done. As for the rest of Biergarten, my family really likes this restaurant. There is a great variety of food for each of my family members who seem to like different things. Plus, as others have already mentioned, the beer is awesome there.

We're back .....
Some new desserts and they did not disappoint!!!
The peach one is actually a piece of peach on there.
Oh, they still have fruit as an option.
Drool on :goodvibes

Disney%20May%202015%20IV%20103.jpg

Disney%20May%202015%20IV%20111.jpg

Disney%20May%202015%20IV%20109.jpg

Disney%20May%202015%20IV%20113.jpg

Disney%20May%202015%20IV%20110.jpg

Disney%20May%202015%20IV%20114.jpg

Disney%20May%202015%20IV%20115.jpg

we were there on Sunday night and they changed a few things that I was disappointed in...I loved the potato leek soup and they put in cream of asparagus...not my favorite..they also got rid of the salmon and put in mustard sauce over cod...but most of the food was not bad...I probably wont go on our next trek to the House of the Mouse...probably find another place.

I've never tried the potato soup but after reading this I decided to try the asparagus. It was good, not anything to write home about. It was not thick so I have a hard time calling it creamy. There were little tiny sparse pieces of the asparagus that you could taste but overall it just tasted like potato soup.

iPhone%20May%2020%202015%20518.jpg

We were 3 and sat with two other groups of 2. They actually came after we started eating. There was a couple coming in with us but they complained about sitting with us and best we could tell, not optional and they left. The funny part was even though our table was full, overall it was like private dining - in the entire restaurant there were only SIX tables with diners at them. There were more CMs in the place than diners. We were there about an hour and half (two shows) and it stayed empty. The buffet was also half closed off.

EDIT: We were there for a late lunch so it could be they don't book ADRS too tight between lunch and dinner although the buffet barely changes.

iPhone%20May%2020%202015%20528.jpg

Last edited:
I would of loved to had the cut up fruit..but there was none when we were there...full house ..I could of made my dessert just watermelon..LOL...thanks for the other reviews and those nice photos

It's been a while since I have been to Biergarten. The first time that we went, all we knew was to expect German food. We were surprised by the atmosphere, it was great. The show they put on is entertaining. We were a little thrown off by the seated, we weren't expecting being sat with other people, but it turned out to be fine. The food was pretty good, I like some German food, and I found the food good. I don't personally drink beer but a lot of people was having big mugs of beer and I think beer flights as well, I could be wrong. Over all we really enjoyed the restaurant.

Thank you HopperFan for the awesome pictures and reviews. I am now wiping all of the drool off of my computer :rotfl:. I didn't make an ADR for our October trip because we want to try out some new restaurants but after seeing your pictures, I may just have to fit one in :goodvibes.

I've been to Germany and the food at Biergarten is quite authentic. From the tasty sausages, the tender, savory rouladen to the mouth watering sauerkraut, I was pleasantly surprised. And to those who take pictures of their food, thank you, those pics make me want to go back! The seating is a bit tight, but the two times we've been, had really group conversations with our neighbors! Though not German cuisine, they had decent sushi of all things!

Those pictures all look fantastic!!

I hesitated due to the abundance of meat and and ADR schedule chocked with buffets but I keep going back and forth between via Napoli and Biergarten! I think I should just do Biergarten since we can get great italian food at home.

I do not eat meat other than seafood. Other family members no restrictions on meat.

Those pictures all look fantastic!!

I hesitated due to the abundance of meat and and ADR schedule chocked with buffets but I keep going back and forth between via Napoli and Biergarten! I think I should just do Biergarten since we can get great italian food at home.

I do not eat meat other than seafood. Other family members no restrictions on meat.

I had hardly any meat. I think I had a couple meatballs and I did try a small slice of the "meatloaf" but otherwise I focused on salads and veggies .............. and dessert. My one DS said the new fish was very good so I tried a bite and had to agree (even though I would never order fish). To me it's one restaurant that you can have a good filling meal without meat.

We were 3 and sat with two other groups of 2. They actually came after we started eating. There was a couple coming in with us but they complained about sitting with us and best we could tell, not optional and they left. The funny part was even though our table was full, overall it was like private dining - in the entire restaurant there were only SIX tables with diners at them. There were more CMs in the place than diners. We were there about an hour and half (two shows) and it stayed empty. The buffet was also half closed off.

EDIT: We were there for a late lunch so it could be they don't book ADRS too tight between lunch and dinner although the buffet barely changes.

iPhone%20May%2020%202015%20528.jpg
I love that atmosphere!! Looks awesome!! I'm hoping my kids will enjoy the entertainment too...as if they won't have experienced enough by then at the parks, LOL!!

I love that atmosphere!! Looks awesome!! I'm hoping my kids will enjoy the entertainment too...as if they won't have experienced enough by then at the parks, LOL!!

The music is fun and be sure to take them out on the dance floor when invited to dance.

They also do a big cheer that the kids love to lift their drinks and join in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter