Opinions on best prepaid cell phone plan for six months

cdndislvr

<font color=green>better get my coffee<br><font co
I'll be spending six months in the U.S. this fall/winter, and want to purchase a cell phone on a prepaid plan once I arrive. I do need to be able to receive and call overseas on the cell, along with calling back home to Canada. Any opinions or comments on the cell phone providers I should be looking at that give me the best price? I have started researching all the different cell phone providers and am a bit overewhelmed by the selection :confused3

Try Virgin Mobile. They are phasing out their pay-by-the-minute plans, but they have good unlimited domestic service for about $25/month. I know there are some add'l charges for overseas service, but the website should be able to tell you.

I love T-Mobile's pre-paid plan, but I don't know how they are for international calls. But check out their website, I'm sure they'll have that info posted.

For domestic use, it's 10 cents per minute and 10 cents per text. Minutes are good for three months, but if you add more money before the minutes expire they'll roll over for another three months. Never had a dropped call and can always get a signal. The phone i use only cost $30 and came with $5 worth of minutes.

Thanks for the replies! I'll check out those websites.:)

I LOVE my virgin mobile bill - $5/mnth for text messages. I bought my phone last August and bought a $50 top-up card. For some reason, they gave me bonus minutes and said I didn't have to top up until 10/2011. I still have 300+ mins left. (No wonder they are phasing out pay as you go.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter