opinions of Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater

Good drive in faire but you will not get gourmet here. Their Milk Shake is pretty good and I remember their onion rings were something we for sure would get again.

It is definitely standard burger/sandwiches, fries, milkshakes, etc. but our experience has been, they are pretty tasty! It's an adorably themed restaurant so definitely one you should try. We enjoy it, but don't have to go EVERY trip. :)

We love the atmosphere and the food was good. Our kids love it. It is amazing to sit in a restaurant without anyone talking. Quiet, dark and cool - especially during the summer - what a refreshment during the day. We go almost every time.

Awesome! Great atmosphere , good ac, great shakes and rings. Tried it for the first time last winter, on the list for September.

:thumbsup2

Good food, great atmosphere, & excellent service! Diddo on the onion rings! Also, they have a great pasta dish!

:thumbsup2

We love the atmosphere and the food was good. Our kids love it. It is amazing to sit in a restaurant without anyone talking. Quiet, dark and cool - especially during the summer - what a refreshment during the day. We go almost every time.

This! :thumbsup2 These are the reasons why my DS and I love this place. Plus we think the food is pretty tasty. They have the best shakes, the oreo shake is so yummy! We also enjoyed their chicken wings, spinach dip, onion rings, and picnic burger (my personal fave)! :goodvibes We pretty much go every trip too!

Our family just did not like it. The kids did not like it when they were little and now that they have grown we like to talk and relax. We can watch a movie at home. Guess we are the voice of dissent.:confused3

We like the Sci Fi Theater as well! On our last trip, my Mom and I were at HS at lunch time and the counter service options weren't sounding all that great to us. We checked at the podium at Sci Fi and were able to "hitch hike" for the third row with another family. No wait at all! The quality of their burgers and fries is superior to any counter service burger.

LOVE.IT. Our kids will be bummed we didn't get an ADR here for our next visit. Quiet, nice and cool, great atmosphere, and we like the food too :thumbsup2

It was just okay for us. Food wasn't bad but wasn't particularly good either. My kids didn't enjoy the atmosphere as much as I thought they would. They were bored with the clips shown on the big screen.

We're not really picky people, but Sci Fi just didn't do much for us. There was nothing bad about it, so if you're interested in checking it out, then give it a try.

My wife and I enjoy Sci Fi and the atmosphere the restaurant has. Being just the two of us we have been lucky the last three times we have gone and have shared our cars with other couples and have ended up talking to them during our meals and had some really cool times there.

On our last visit our 'Car Hop' must have been there for a while as he made our experience really fun. He knew all the lines from the movies running on the screen and even suggested we switch seats while the ladies both left at the same time and we did. Just fun little things like that make our trips and make it really fun.

The food of course is not "gourmet" though it is not bad at all. The milkshakes as mentioned are great and we like to get the adult beverages that change colours. with those glow in the dark ice cubes. We use them the rest of the day and evening.

Thank you, everyone! I just made ADR for our trip in Oct. It was hard to find a time, lots of times are already taken (at least the day we were looking at).

We love it. Atmosphere is the primary reason but the food has generally been good to very good.

We love Sci-Fi simply because the atmosphere is unique. The food is not. It's pretty standard (fried appetizers, burgers, sandwiches, I think there were one or two salad options, etc.) but prepared well and nicely presented. We also really like the servers. They're quirky and retro, like 50's Primetime but without all the scolding. Try the milkshakes. I normally don't like milkshakes (it's a texture thing, and we just don't have any great ice cream places locally), but always share one with my husband at Sci-Fi and have loved them all. There is just something about eating here that keeps us going back.

I love the theme of this restaurant, it really does remind me of drive-ins and going in your pj's because your mom and dad wanted you to sleep when the scary movies came on (as if!). All those old B and W movies are fun to watch and pretty tame. It's pretty quiet and lovely and cool inside. The menu is pretty varied and people rave about the milkshakes. You can't go wrong with items that would be served at a drive up restaurant like burgers, etc. but the last time I had ribs (I don't know if they are still on the menu) they were really awful, fatty and full of gristle and not really cooked enough so the BBQ sauce just covered them. :sick: Blech!! It's dark in there and couldn't see what I was eating so spent all my time picking them apart like a science experiment. The onions rings are good and portions are generous on the whole. I will always go back to the Sci Fi but will never, ever order the ribs again.

The food is good but people go here for the atmosphere/theme - it's something you can only find in Disney. The seating is uncomfortable (its small) and it's awkward for large groups. But not a lot of chatting/visiting goes on anyway. I think it's worth a visit at least once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter