• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Opinions of Parrot Cay please...

On the 3/23 Magic cruise, we also had the PLAPLAP rotation. I did not like the tropical menu at Parrot Cay at all. We ate at Palo two nights (including the second night we were to dine at Parrot Cay) and there is just no comparison. We enjoyed all of the restaurants more than Parrot Cay. Oh well -- to each his own. We still had a great trip! :D

Our family liked Lumiere's and PC, and didn't care for AP. We will try and schedule Palo's next year instead of eating at AP. However overall, there was ALWAYS something on the menu that appealed to every member of the family. I also agree with previous posters - you can always fall back on the chicken, steak or fish. And don't be afraid to ask for a different dish if you don't like what you ordered - regardless of the restaurant!!!

We weren't expecting to like it after reading negative comments on this Board, but our meal there was great. We had for apps--crab and shrimp salad-great, coconut prawns-good, jamaican wings with pot stickers-great. Dinner--grouper-great, ribeye-good, Dessert--vanilla creme--great, banana flambe-good, Kahlua trifle-great.

I enjoyed the atmosphere and the food in all 3 restaurants. We were with a large group and guess we would have a great time anywhere we were!!!!!

Hey Dave, I agree! Bahama Breeze is what it should be like. The first time I ate at BB I told my DH, this feels like a restaurant in WDW because of the excellent theming. Luckily, we went to Palos on our PC night but we had lunch one day at PC and did not like it at all. I would rather eat at a buffett every night than eat at PC.

I love Bahama Breeze, such a nice restaurant!!!! :D

We loved all the restaurants. I had read so many mixed reviews of the food and the restaurants that I was prepared to have room service and hot dogs for four days, but we really enjoyed the food and the ambience in each restaurant. We're both seafood lovers and were able to indulge ourselves each night.

Our rotation had us in Parrot Cay the last two nights, and we enjoyed both nights. We even enjoyed the Master Chef night. I thought the decor was pure Disney, a light-hearted interpretation of the tropics. I could almost hear "In the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room"!

Of course, I didn't have to shop for any meal, cook it, serve it or clean it up, so that added a little bit to my enjoyment!

I'm looking forward to revisiting each restaurant again in December (no Palo for us, we prefer "family dining" experiences to a romantic dinner for three).

Beth

I had the Cuban Ribeye at PC and thought it was out of this world. One of the best steaks I've ever had! I can't wait to eat there again in Nov when we are on the Magic.

Having not been on the DCL yet, ( counting down to 11/9 Western). This thread is making me way too hungry.

I can't wait to eat at PC.

Cheers,

I like the food at PC, but the decor is a little too casual. By far our favorite is Lumieres

I liked Parrot Cay the best... I loved their menu, and I loved the atmosphere there....watching the servers limbo and dance.. it was a blast.

I enjoyed all the restaurants, but Parrot Cay is my top choice!

The kids liked the casual atmosphere in PC the best, as well. Palo for HoneyBunny and me!

Parrot Cay is my favorite Restaurant. I love the food and the theming.:D

We just returned from a 7-day western and on previous cruises PC was my least favorite...but that all changed. It was GREAT!!

I was told that occasionally the chefs are switched about and that the new chef for PC was previously in Palo. Don't know if that's true or not, but the food was YUMMY!!

For those of you who liked Parrot Cay, what did you like on the menu? When we went two years ago, I did not like my meal here, and I am not a picky eater at all.

For those of you who liked Parrot Cay, what did you like on the menu? When we went two years ago, I did not like my meal here, and I am not a picky eater at all.

bartoscowabunga,
I ordered the coconut shrimp and onion rings for app. and the fish for my entree'

Bart....

If I had to pick just one of each I would go with the

Coconut Prawns and O-Rings (was my favorite starter on the ship)

and for my one entree, the Rib Eye... it was WONDERFUL!... (my favorite entree on the ship, excluding Palo's, since nothing compares to that)

And if I could only pick one dessert, it would have to be the banana's flambe, just for the experience of them making them, and they are yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter