Opinions needed

Maple17

Mouseketeer
I know I am WAY overthinking this but...

We are currently booked in 8540 on the Fantasy. It is a non-connecting room, has the outer skin on the veranda.

Room 8544 just came available. It is a connecting room, but no outer skin from what I can tell.

Both are close to the elevators. Is avoiding the outer skin worth switching rooms? Thoughts?? Thanks!

What do you mean by "outer skin" -- a solid wall below the railing, or what?

A metal post that goes down the side, I didn't know about it until someone pointed it out on a previous thread.

Maple17 said:
I know I am WAY overthinking this but...

We are currently booked in 8540 on the Fantasy. It is a non-connecting room, has the outer skin on the veranda.

Room 8544 just came available. It is a connecting room, but no outer skin from what I can tell.

Both are close to the elevators. Is avoiding the outer skin worth switching rooms? Thoughts?? Thanks!

We had two adjoining rooms with the metal part you're talking about. While it definitely ruined the effect of opening up the two verandas, it wasn't a deal breaker for us. I've had regular verandas two other times and to be honest, I only really noticed the metal a few times--and those times were after the veranda divider was opened up (had to wait two days because of post-Sandy weather conditions) an THAT was only because the people on the other side had their verandas opened up and I saw the difference. It gives you a little more privacy, though. I would say, if you like the room configuration and location, don't go through the hassle of changing it. But that's just my opinion.

Okay, thanks for the reassurance, I am going to stick with the room we have booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter