Opinions needed

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Maple17, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Maple17

Maple17 Mouseketeer

I know I am WAY overthinking this but...

We are currently booked in 8540 on the Fantasy. It is a non-connecting room, has the outer skin on the veranda.

Room 8544 just came available. It is a connecting room, but no outer skin from what I can tell.

Both are close to the elevators. Is avoiding the outer skin worth switching rooms? Thoughts?? Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

What do you mean by "outer skin" -- a solid wall below the railing, or what?

4. Maple17

Maple17 Mouseketeer

A metal post that goes down the side, I didn't know about it until someone pointed it out on a previous thread.

5. jahber

jahber DIS Veteran

We had two adjoining rooms with the metal part you're talking about. While it definitely ruined the effect of opening up the two verandas, it wasn't a deal breaker for us. I've had regular verandas two other times and to be honest, I only really noticed the metal a few times--and those times were after the veranda divider was opened up (had to wait two days because of post-Sandy weather conditions) an THAT was only because the people on the other side had their verandas opened up and I saw the difference. It gives you a little more privacy, though. I would say, if you like the room configuration and location, don't go through the hassle of changing it. But that's just my opinion.

6. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

I wouldn't change. I don't think that metal piece is that big a deal.

MJ

7. Maple17

Maple17 Mouseketeer

Okay, thanks for the reassurance, I am going to stick with the room we have booked.