Opinions Needed - POP vs PORS

JerseyKate

Earning My Ears
Hello!

We are planning a trip to Disney this fall. I have been there a dozen times and have stayed in both value and moderate type resorts. I'm stuck deciding between POP and PORS. We always get a preferred room no matter where we stay for easy distance to food court, bus, etc... It will just be my son and I. I've stayed at POP but have never stayed at PORS.

I'm looking for opinions of those who may have stayed in both - what makes PORS better than POP (food, buses, etc... ) We will be there this fall so I'm not too concerned about the pool.

And yes, I realize the one is value and the other is moderate - I was just looking for other opinions.

Thanks

Have stayed at both several times and personally I think POR is 100% worth the difference especially with the recent rehab.

- POR is SO much quieter and less hectic which is truly a blessing after a day at the park!

-The theming at POR is very well done and it's relaxing walking down the shaded pathways, lush landscaping, flowing river and crickets. Pop can sometimes be a madhouse.

-All rooms have queen beds now instead of doubles but that may not be a big deal for you.

-Personal opinion but I really like the options at POR food court better then POP. we have eaten at both food courts several times and have continually had better experiences at POR

- TWO words... Yehaa Bob! Best entertainment value in WDW it's free!

-hot tubs and better pool, not a big thing for us but definitely better at POR

-We usually rent a car but on occasion have used Disney transportation and have had no problems at either POR or POP. They are pretty equal but definitely pick up the bus at the last stop out/first stop in (with a preferred room you should be able to work that out)

-I do like the boat to DTD but it's not a make or break thing just nice to have.

-Did I mention POR is more relaxing? Trust me a bit of serenity is worth its weight in gold at Disney especially if you go during peak time periods.

-My husband and I have gotten really spoiled we might go back to pop if it was the only way to afford Disney or for one night but we have found that moderates or DVC are worth 100% the extra cost.

hope this helps!

Jennifer

I've stayed at both...

I'm 33 and I prefer POP. My mom is 59 and she prefers PORS. I agree with the previous poster - PORS is much quieter and very pretty. Its a lovely resort and I really enjoyed it. But for me, POP just feels more like Disney... I like the fun vibe and how its so colourful and lively. I like the music.... PORS didn't have music playing through out the grounds - and I missed that. I mean it could have been something that fit the theme... but on the other hand, my mom liked the quiet. So there's two different views for you. I know that you will love which ever one you pick! :)

Thank you Jennifer. I am definitely leaning toward PORS. It's always fun to try a different resort so this is a great opportunity. We won't have a car so I'm mostly concerned about the buses. Your review was fantastic.

I've stayed at both...

I'm 33 and I prefer POP. My mom is 59 and she prefers PORS. I agree with the previous poster - PORS is much quieter and very pretty. Its a lovely resort and I really enjoyed it. But for me, POP just feels more like Disney... I like the fun vibe and how its so colourful and lively. I like the music.... PORS didn't have music playing through out the grounds - and I missed that. I mean it could have been something that fit the theme... but on the other hand, my mom liked the quiet. So there's two different views for you. I know that you will love which ever one you pick! :)

Funny you should mention your mother. I am thinking about bringing my mother on this trip. She is 72 and would appreciate the quiet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter