• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Opinions from those who have cruised Bahamas Presidents week!

kittycruize

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! We are really wanting to book a 3 or 4 night Dream cruise, but due to school, the only week we can cruise is Presidents week in February! Our concern is the weather-can anyone give us advice as far as what the weather is like on the ship, and at Castaway? Obviously since it is so much money, we do not want to go if it is going to be cold on the beach etc, or even at the pools. Anyone gone that week that can help us decide? What is the weather typically like during that time of year?:)

We've cruised during that time period twice. We had good weather both times. Embarkation day was sunny and warm, kids were swimming but it was a bit chilly for me (maybe 70ish and breezy). The weather in the Bahamas was wonderful both trips. Warm enough to swim comfortably. I did find the ocean water cold on one of our excursions. Castaway Cay was also wonderful. Sunny, pleasant and 80ish. It was never blazing hot. All that being said, the weather can go either way. You could have a chilly week. It was the worth the risk for us, because even 65 is better than a foot of snow! :rotfl: Hope this helps a little...

Thank you, that does help. I just can't figure out if we should risk it? We were just at Disney World in May, and it was so hot you could hardly go to the parks in the day time, so would not want to go in June, which would be our only other option at this point! Coming from MN, we like it warm, not super hot!:)

A hard call, I know. The weather is so unpredictable in the Bahamas that time of year. It might be cool, but it's not likely going to be cold. We knew going in that it could be cool, but decided to go for it. Fortunately, the weather cooperated. We'd pretty much made up our minds to go and have a great time regardless of weather, even 65 would have been an improvement.

Definitely risky! We were on the Wonder 3 night President's weekend 2010 and it was cold. Nassau day was the warmest day. We could not stop at Castaway Cay because of weather and the Magic got stuck at Castaway Cay when we were supposed to be there. It was very cold. DCL did a great job with adding activities and having lots of meet and greets.

The Magic ended up getting to port a day late and the next cruise left a day late.

I went Presidents week this year. The weather was perfect. It only rained for a few minutes on our sea day. It was warm and sunny the entire week. Yes, the water was cold, but not for the kids.

It really is a crap shoot. There are times I have been there and it has been warm, there are other times I have been there and have had to use blankets on the beach at CC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter