Opinions about Test Track 2.0?

My fiancé swears it's a different track, and liked it more than last time.

I like the original ride more, as far as theme and scenery goes.

I expect to see more side by side pictures of the old Test Track and the pretty new lights before that ever happens.

Now, since I'm biased against change of any kind, I guess I'll just go start a thread blasting WDW for ever replacing World of Motion with Test Track to begin with.

And bring back 20,000 leagues under the sea too...

But thank goodness they saw the light and restored Captain EO.

The ride portion itself is the same as before.

The original theming I would give a 9.5 on a scale of 10.

For 2.0 version I would give it about a 7.

We were somewhat disappointed with the theming and felt there were several portions where they could have added a little more pizzazz.

twokids0204 said:
Don't even get me started on Hollywood Studios!

It was IMHO 1000x better when it was MGM Studios.

:cool2:

And don't forget Mickey's Toon Town. I don't know who thought this whole new Fantasyland thing was a good idea.

I haven't been on the new version yet but I looked at a Youtube video that had a side-by-side comparison and I personally feel the 2.0 version looks like a combination of Tron and Star Wars :confused3 I like the old version better because it looks like a "test" track. It's hard to visualize the new version online so if we get to visit WDW next year, maybe I'll have a different opinion. I agree the older version needed some updating a little bit.

I thought the same thing after watching the YouTube videos. I expected to not be impressed by the ride. Once I rode it in real life, I didn't think it was as "Tron-ish" as I expected. We actually thought it was visually stunning. I can certainly see the comparison, but I wasn't thinking about Tron while riding.

I can't wait to get to Disney next year...last trip was in 2009. There has been so many refurbished and updated rides since then "Space Mountain" and the new "Fantasyland"(along with this new Test Track of course!) I'm bursting at the seams to experience!

I thought the same thing after watching the YouTube videos. I expected to not be impressed by the ride. Once I rode it in real life, I didn't think it was as "Tron-ish" as I expected. We actually thought it was visually stunning. I can certainly see the comparison, but I wasn't thinking about Tron while riding.

Exactly - there are set pieces.. many many many more than the old Test Track and most of them are animated. How that's a downgrade from "big open black space" - because as the photo shows, that's what was there - is baffling.

And the same people rave about Toy Story Mania.. which is nothing but screens laid out in rows.

Exactly - there are set pieces.. many many many more than the old Test Track and most of them are animated. How that's a downgrade from "big open black space" - because as the photo shows, that's what was there - is baffling.

And the same people rave about Toy Story Mania.. which is nothing but screens laid out in rows.

People have a different opinion than you, nothing wrong with that.

Honestly the design process part was cool but not THAT exciting IMO...

The ride itself suffered a LOT in my opinion. The most fun part of the ride was probably the ending, outside and that part doesn't seem to have been changed at all so that's good. But the rest of the ride I also used to love because I loved the idea of testing the car, the difference between the two brakes, the swerving around the corners at the different percentages and stuff like that. Every part of it you felt like you were testing your car and that kept the ride interesting. Now it's just a scenic ride that involves jerkily spinning around for no real reason that they explain. So while the ending is still fun the rest of the ride which used to be very interesting for me became very boring even if it LOOKS better. You don't feel like you're performing tests anymore.

They also removed the second coolest part of the ride - the hot/cold rooms for absolutely nothing. You pass a room with a cool visual effect on a mirror that's eh and then the second room does absolutely nothing but "scan" your car or something.

The original Test Track had nothing exciting or futuristic about it IMO.It was just a way for GM to show that their cars are hopefully safe and this is how their tests go.

Unfortunately it was just a big, relatively empty warehouse with minimalist props and with the pre-show, forever stuck in the mid 1990's. Nothing cutting edge, special or anything that makes me want to consider purchasing a GM vehicle.

Overall, I think 2.0 is a MAJOR upgrade. It resembles the original EPCOT Center mission very well in showing a fully interactive attraction from start to finish.

It does have a virtual simulation feel, like a computer, but that's the whole idea. You're testing your car virtually, and it gives a unique appearance more than you can find in your local parking lot like the old one.

Yes, there are some technical glitches still being worked out and I bet we will see some improvements and streamlining of the design process, but overall to me, THIS is what Test Track should have always been.

...It was just a way for GM to show that their cars are hopefully safe and this is how their tests go.

.... It resembles the original EPCOT Center mission very well in showing a fully interactive attraction from start to finish.

....You're testing your car virtually, and it gives a unique appearance more than you can find in your local parking lot like the old one.

I see it exactly the other way. I think the original concept of Epcot was for companies such as GM to showcase their technology. While the original TT was dated in that the "cutting edge" tech that they were showcasing was routine and no longer new, I think the execution of what was being done better fit the original concept of the partnership between Disney and corporate America. Now, you aren't really testing your car any more than you are really riding in a limo on Rock-N-Roller Coaster.

I say that because it seems like people are not allowed to be disappointed with this ride.

Well it is appropriate to point out the hypocrisy coming from people who rave about Toy Story Mania and the new Little Mermaid ride. One is entirely screens and the other is vastly flawed in execution with the mechanical components showing (which the DCA version doesn't have as badly).

So to claim that this upgrade to standards is bad while those are "amazing" is really disingenuous.

There's a difference between having an educated and for that matter - your own - opinion and just repeat fallacies as if they were facts and using them to justify a point of view you adopted from other people.

If folks can explain why Test Track 2.0 is a downgrade without using false information to support their beliefs then they're free to believe what they want. False information presented as fact will be challenged.

Going around having the "opinion" that the sky is polkadotted doesn't make it a real valid opinion that should be respected. You can't hide misinformation under the guise of opinion and say those can't be challenged and all are valid.

Well it is appropriate to point out the hypocrisy coming from people who rave about Toy Story Mania and the new Little Mermaid ride. One is entirely screens and the other is vastly flawed in execution with the mechanical components showing (which the DCA version doesn't have as badly).

So to claim that this upgrade to standards is bad while those are "amazing" is really disingenuous.

There's a difference between having an educated and for that matter - your own - opinion and just repeat fallacies as if they were facts and using them to justify a point of view you adopted from other people.

If folks can explain why Test Track 2.0 is a downgrade without using false information to support their beliefs then they're free to believe what they want. False information presented as fact will be challenged.

Going around having the "opinion" that the sky is polkadotted doesn't make it a real valid opinion that should be respected. You can't hide misinformation under the guise of opinion and say those can't be challenged and all are valid.

So what you are really saying is that the only opinions that are correct are yours and those that agree with you. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter