Opinions about Test Track 2.0?

mousermerf said:
I can do this ALL day... this entire scene was an area of Test Track previously known as "Black Lake" because it was a large black void with nothing in it that was left over from the conversion from World of Motion to Test Track..

Ok, keep doing it all day... All you're showing is neon and lighting effects. Let me re-phrase my statement if it will make you happier.

There are less actual real world automotive facility testing props to make it feel like you're really testing a new vehicle. Just light and neon effects.

Truthfully, I do like the new version better. I just don't believe the on ride experience was an upgrade. The only things I really like better is the scoring at the end of every test and the wind tunnel room.

My mom and I are going to WDW 1/5 and I was wondering about what people are saying about the new Test Track. Is it interesting? Do people wish it was the old Test Track? I've seen pictures of it and even though it seems to be new and exciting, I'm not too sure whether it has the same feel as the original Test Track. What are your thoughts?

-A

Don't bother. It's an exercise in frustration from line to design to ride break down to no knowledgeable CMs there only Chevy employees. Do Soarin. You'll get more out of it.

Ok, keep doing it all day... All you're showing is neon and lighting effects. Let me re-phrase my statement if it will make you happier.

There are less actual real world automotive facility testing props to make it feel like you're really testing a new vehicle. Just lights and neon.

Truthfully, I do like the new version better. I just don't believe the on ride experience was an upgrade.

This is neon:

neon-signs.jpg

Test Track does not have neon. Those are set pieces with internal illumination.

And I would certainly hope in 2012 that Epcot's Transporation pavilion in FUTURE WORLD would not be showcasing the real world aesthetic of a 1990's automotive testing facility.

Again, bias against change in any form.

mousermerf said:
This is neon:

And I would certainly hope in 2012 that Epcot's Transporation pavilion in FUTURE WORLD would not be showcasing the real world aesthetic of a 1990's automotive testing facility.

Ok, I did say I think the attraction (Epcot's Transportation Pavilion) is a net improvement overall. Bias against change in any form??? I think not.

Call it what you want, I don't care for the on ride scenery/lights/Tron set/whatever you want to call it. And I didn't exactly say I hated it, I just said it wasn't an improvement over what was there. That is still my opinion.

This is neon:

neon-signs.jpg

Looks like the title of the thread is OPINIONS ABOUT THE NEW TEST TRACK...

By my account afwdwfan gave his OPINION... Not sure why he isn't entitled to his.

Maybe he needs a lesson in flourescent vs neon vs incandescent lighting, but I think he said the ride itself is the same...

Which is proven right here

I assume if you ask nicely, he may accept your apology...

Looks like the title of the thread is OPINIONS ABOUT THE NEW TEST TRACK...

By my account afwdwfan gave his OPINION... Not sure why he isn't entitled to his.

Maybe he needs a lesson in flourescent vs neon vs incandescent lighting, but I think he said the ride itself is the same...

Which is proven right here

An uninformed opinion giving false information presented as factual truth is not the same as an informed opinion that does present real factual information. They are not equal and should not be treated as such.

An uninformed opinion giving false information presented as factual truth is not the same as an informed opinion that does present real factual information. They are not equal and should not be treated as such.

Who had the uninformed opinion?

Sounds like someone doesn't get listened too much so they come on here and cut other people's opinions down. Have some manners.

It sounds as though you think very highly of yourself and your own opinion and not so much about the opinions of others! Are you from New Jersey? :rotfl2:

mousermerf said:
Fun facts:

There's no reflective tape.

There's more scenery than before - lots more.

It's just people's bias against change. This is the old ABS test area, notice how THERE IS NO SCENERY TO SPEAK OF but people keep claiming the new ride has "less" somehow.

And here is the same area in the new ride:

To say there is less scenery in the new ride is just ridiculous.

I agree that there seems to be resistance against change here sometimes. I for one like the changes most of the time. And I like the new TT. It was getting tired.

I haven't been on the new version yet but I looked at a Youtube video that had a side-by-side comparison and I personally feel the 2.0 version looks like a combination of Tron and Star Wars :confused3 I like the old version better because it looks like a "test" track. It's hard to visualize the new version online so if we get to visit WDW next year, maybe I'll have a different opinion. I agree the older version needed some updating a little bit.

I went on the new Test Track last week. Posted waiting time was 130 minutes although I think our wait was 100 minutes, which is still long but not as long as I had expected to wait. We couldn't get fast passes due to the time of the fast passes were for after we would be leaving Epcot to go to the MVMCP at night. I like designing the car part because it gave you something to do while waiting for the ride part, but I am not sure if it would hold my interest in the future now that I have done it once and it doesn't really change the car you are riding in with others who have made different designs than yours. The actual track seemed to be same but without all the cool test track dummy stuff and signs you used to see along the way. Now there are fancy lights but not enough decorative stuff to look at along the way. Some areas looked just plain dull. My fiance who has never been on TT thought the ride was just ok. Both of us liked the outdoor part the best. So for me comparing the inside part of the two different versions of the ride, I liked the old ride better because there was more to see along the way.

angelinaxox said:
The actual track seemed to be same but without all the cool test track dummy stuff and signs you used to see along the way. Now there are fancy lights but not enough decorative stuff to look at along the way. Some areas looked just plain dull. My fiance who has never been on TT thought the ride was just ok. Both of us liked the outdoor part the best. So for me comparing the inside part of the two different versions of the ride, I liked the old ride better because there was more to see along the way.

Be careful. Someone might think your opinion is factually incorrect...

Fun facts:

There's no reflective tape.

There's more scenery than before - lots more.

no.... it's not more. It's more 2 dimensional,that's what I see. painted plywood vs. 3 dimensional looking test areas. I never loved it that much anyway, but I understand his point. It's about the same ride,minus the 'real' feel of testing the car. For my DH ,it was a big bust.
BTW, the single rider line is usually pretty short

I still enjoyed the fact that the attraction was an attempt to marry real-world saftey development and a fun ride. This new version abandons all attempts to merge the two concepts. While the ride might be fun, the glittery light show belongs more in Tomorrowland than in Epcot. So for that reason, I have to say that my opinion of what they have done leans to the negative.

I agree with this....my kids,who love all computer-y type things,liked it a lot.

Your argument suffers from the logical fallacy that because an irrelevant fact is proven to be untrue, then the opinion itself is invalid. Whether the lighting is neon, flourescent, back-lighting, irredescent, or something else is completely extraneous to the opinion itself. The poster states that TT is not aesthetically pleasing. That opinion is valid irrespective of whether it is based on a proper assumption of the lighting medium used. For example, if one says: "I went to Florence and saw all the major works of art. "David" at the Ufuzzi Gallery was my favorite", the opinion that David was the most impressive piece of art does not become an invalid opinion simply because the statue actually resides in a different gallery.

Your argument suffers from the logical fallacy that because an irrelevant fact is proven to be untrue, then the opinion itself is invalid. Whether the lighting is neon, flourescent, back-lighting, irredescent, or something else is completely extraneous to the opinion itself. The poster states that TT is not aesthetically pleasing. That opinion is valid irrespective of whether it is based on a proper assumption of the lighting medium used. For example, if one says: "I went to Florence and saw all the major works of art. "David" at the Ufuzzi Gallery was my favorite", the opinion that David was the most impressive piece of art does not become an invalid opinion simply because the statue actually resides in a different gallery.

:thumbsup2

I believe someone is still waiting for their apology for your ignorant response to his more than valid opinion.

:rolleyes1

twokids0204 said:
:thumbsup2

I believe someone is still waiting for their apology for your ignorant response to his more than valid opinion.

:rolleyes1

I expect to see more side by side pictures of the old Test Track and the pretty new lights before that ever happens.

Now, since I'm biased against change of any kind, I guess I'll just go start a thread blasting WDW for ever replacing World of Motion with Test Track to begin with.

A n00b here.

I've only ridden Test Track twice. Once before the update, and once after. Both my wife and I were disappointed and enjoyed the original better. I think the inside track portion just looks cheap now, it appears they just cleared everything out, painted everything black, and put up a bunch of cardboard cutouts and a few video screens here and there. They didn't even bother to change the actual cars you ride in. The car designing portion was very cool, but it has no effect on the ride whatsoever. The next time we're at Disney, we probably wouldn't wait more than 15 minutes to ride again.

Just one n00bs opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter