Opening times

buckeye12

Earning My Ears
We are staying onsite (Aug 10th-15th) and with the fotl access do we really have to get there when the parks open? Its going to be hard for me to get everyone ready before they open at 9.

You don't have too, but it makes your visit much better, even if you have FOTL.

Here's a few advantages to arriving early, even with FOTL.
1. Front seat rides on the coasters.
2. Walk ways are less crowded until 11am.
3. Not as hot out.
4. FOTL waits are shorter.

Let's say you arrive at 11am like everyone else. You'll find a crowd at the gate, walkways will be packed, and the FOTL wait for the most popular rides will be 20 minutes.

I'd go to bed early and tell everyone you're waking up at 7am so you can get there at 8am. Come back to your room in the afternoon and nap.

We never get there at park opening (except once), and the biggest lines are at the entrance between 10-noon. IF you go to the Studios at 11am or later, and there is a monster line to get in, go in by the BMG theater off City Walk....they will let you in that way and not many people know about it. If you're going to IOA, you're doomed.

The lines start forming just before 8am....we got there at 8:20am one day, there were long lines and only 2 turnstiles open. If you can't get there at opening.....go later.

But, if you want to wander thru the regular queue line (because EP lines sometimes do or don't show different things), go early. I wanted to see the worm guys at MIB and they were only in the regular queue line, so we went early the one day to go thru regular line and see them. Wasn't missing much in Hulk or Spiderman queue...so we found out :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter