Opening Team - Disney Dream

Yolande, Head Server from the Magic. Will post a picture of her later! Just got home yesterday from the last Baltic cruise.

That's really interesting! I guess it means she and Brent will be on separate ships permanantly. She didn't mention it when we had her on the 7/6 Baltic but we didn't even think to ask her because we figured that she wouldn't be moving over. :confused3

That's really interesting! I guess it means she and Brent will be on separate ships permanantly. She didn't mention it when we had her on the 7/6 Baltic but we didn't even think to ask her because we figured that she wouldn't be moving over. :confused3
She told us only because we asked her if she was going to be going to Alaska. We were hoping to see her next year! I thought that was strange about her and Brent being on separate ships also.

I keep thinking that maybe Capt. Tom and Rachael will go back to Germany at some point later next year to be in charge of the Fantasy, like they were for the Dream. :confused3 Somebody would have to take over for them (like Capt. Henry!).

I keep thinking that maybe Capt. Tom and Rachael will go back to Germany at some point later next year to be in charge of the Fantasy, like they were for the Dream. :confused3 Somebody would have to take over for them (like Capt. Henry!).

... and in that case, Brent would go over to the Dream and they'd have someone else -- Peter maybe -- take over the Magic. :thumbsup2

This could be why Peter's been taking over duty on the Magic so much recently.

Has anyone heard of these CM's last sail date on their current ship & position? I hope Daniel is still onboard on our Oct 30 sailing on the Magic. I wonder when they'll start heading to the Dream to train?

Has anyone heard of these CM's last sail date on their current ship & position? I hope Daniel is still onboard on our Oct 30 sailing on the Magic. I wonder when they'll start heading to the Dream to train?

As far as I've heard, some are staying on until just before the WBTA, some until just after, and some until just after drydock. I haven't heard of anyone staying long past drydock, but it would probably depend on the CM's individual contract. October 30 seems a little late as they have to report to Germany in early-mid November and they'll need, at the very least, a few weeks off.

Bumping up for anyone just returning this weekend.

I was actually talking with someone who was just on the Magic for 20 days and she said

Ponz, Dave, Melanie, maybe Joe are going to be on the Dream for Cruise Staff, so don't trust me fully on this, but I've heard these people will be on

If you mean Daniel from Hungary, nope, he's on vacation now, and then when he returns he'll be heading to Germany to start training. We tried to request him for our Med cruise in September but he's not on the ship then. He did send us some great tips for the ports in the Med though!

I was actually talking with someone who was just on the Magic for 20 days and she said

Ponz, Dave, Melanie, maybe Joe are going to be on the Dream for Cruise Staff, so don't trust me fully on this, but I've heard these people will be on

I'll take your word for it until we hear otherwise. ;) I've already heard that Melanie was confirmed. Dave from Canada or Dave from Australia?

When I talked to Ponz back in April he wasn't sure yet, but I imagine lots of people have been getting their assignments since then.

I know he wasn't excited about the possibility of being on the ship with the shorter cruises. If you've ever met him you'd know he has this thing for learning everybody's name. He wasn't sure how well he'd do with two (larger) cruises a week! :lmao:

When I talked to Ponz back in April he wasn't sure yet, but I imagine lots of people have been getting their assignments since then.

I know he wasn't excited about the possibility of being on the ship with the shorter cruises. If you've ever met him you'd know he has this thing for learning everybody's name. He wasn't sure how well he'd do with two (larger) cruises a week! :lmao:

yeah, I know he has a thing for learning everyone's names, I heard that from lots of people when I was on the Magic in 2009 and 2010. Also learned he has lots of cats at home:lmao: And the person who told me Ponz, got of the ship when this last cruise started so maybe he knew then.

i loved ponz, he was soooo nice, and i was really impressed that he always called me by name, that guy must have a memory like a computer! no way i'd be able to remember everyone's name!

this was pulled from a post on the maiden voyage thread...think these folks are from the Magic. I'm going to go over there and give them all a link to this thread so they can either add to it, or find their favorites alread on our list!

Douglas who is Merchandise Manager and Mario who is a head server

We know of Sas(kia), youth club, from the Netherlands and Robert, Netherlands, who was staffcaptain on the Magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter