** OPENING DAY PRICING 2018 Part 1 January-April/May: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

I sailed on Jewel in 2005 when it was a year old, and I have since sailed on sisters Brilliance and Serenade. RCI's Radiance-class ships are my favorite on that cruise line, and I'll be on Radiance of the Seas for 28 days next May - on b2b2b Hawaii and Alaska cruises. Thankfully, I am not that spoiled by DCL!
A lot of DCL cruisers like the new ships on the other lines. I think it would be hard to cruise on an older ship if your used to the Fantasy. Although I liked the Carnival Vista more then the Fantasy I cant say Im ready to jump on any of Carnivals older ships.

Jan 5, 2018 Wonder 4 night from Galveston

Cat 9B 2A $1916.88 [958.54|958.44 no ins/trans/air/OBB

Also priced a Cat 7A - $2156.88 and 10A $1916.88

A lot of DCL cruisers like the new ships on the other lines. I think it would be hard to cruise on an older ship if your used to the Fantasy. Although I liked the Carnival Vista more then the Fantasy I cant say Im ready to jump on any of Carnivals older ships.
I generally choose a cruise based on its itinerary and price. I don't cruise with kids, and I don't need the bells and whistles that the newer megaships have. When I occasionally sail with Disney, it's because I specifically want a Disney cruise. Then I try to find the best bang for the buck - which has been the Transatlantics and the Panama Canal.

Jan 19, 2018 Dream 3 night from Port Canaveral

Cat 5C 2A0K $1,416 [708|708] no ins/trans/air/OBB

03/10/18 Eastern Fantasy
8C 2A 3K $8,187.38 ($2,280.60, $2,280.60, $1,022.11, $1,022.11, $1,022.11)
No ins/no air/no transfer/with OBB

This is seriously over our budget, especially adding 35% for the CAD exchange. I'm stuck with our spring break as a teacher, so we'll hold onto it until they release late Aug & I'll have to hope they don't stick another member cruise there in 2018 :sad2:.

I think the excitement level may vary depending on certain factors. It seems the April '18 WPBC is selling out extremely fast. 5C and 6A completely gone by noon Thursday. Not too sure about the rest of the 5's either at this point.

I generally choose a cruise based on its itinerary and price. I don't cruise with kids, and I don't need the bells and whistles that the newer megaships have. When I occasionally sail with Disney, it's because I specifically want a Disney cruise. Then I try to find the best bang for the buck - which has been the Transatlantics and the Panama Canal.
That will be my strategy going forward...except the not cruising with kids part. I do like the classic Disney ships.

04/14/18 Fantasy 7-night Western
6A 1A 0K $3660 No Ins/No Air/No OBB/Yes Airport Transfers

04/14/2018 Fantasy 7-night Western
6A
2A2K (15,12) $6605 (no price breakdown yet) No Ins/No Air/No OBB/Yes airport transfers

WBPC April 8th, 2018

Cat T 3A $19,214.03 ($7,560/$7,560/$2,870/Tax $1,224.03) No ins/No Air/No Trasnfers/No OBB

4/21/18 - Fantasy Eastern 7A

2A 1K (6) - $4337

OBB discount. No ins. No air. No transfers.

Was happy until I saw Carnival Vista for $2900 for similar itinerary and 1 extra day. I know it's Carnival and Disney has a premium. (Sigh)

4/21 Eastern Fantasy, 2 ppl, Cat 8B, $3273, no air, no ins, OBB up in the air

WBPC April 8th, 2018

Cat5B 2A $6,276.02 ($2,730/$2,730/Tax $816.02) No ins/No Air/No Transfers/No OBB (shoulda reserved that 3rd room . . .)

Cat5B 2A $5,730.02 ($2,457/$2,457/Tax $816.02) No ins/No Air/No Transfers/Yes OBB

Cat5B 2A $5,730.02 ($2,457/$2,457/Tax $816.02) No ins/No Air/No Transfers/Yes OBB

We had wanted a 5C or 6A (we can live with a solid verandah) but none were available after 1100 today. Still get the backside of midship though so all good. Will keep an eye on possible GTY. I'll bet there's going to be some availability changes in the near future with buyer's remorse, sched changes, etc. Maybe save a few more bucks.

I think the excitement level may vary depending on certain factors. It seems the April '18 WPBC is selling out extremely fast. 5C and 6A completely gone by noon Thursday. Not too sure about the rest of the 5's either at this point.

I am kind of surprised that this one is so popular -- the itinerary for me is just so so. But I guess all the days at sea are attractive for those that enjoy the ship.

I am kind of surprised that this one is so popular -- the itinerary for me is just so so. But I guess all the days at sea are attractive for those that enjoy the ship.

I think the stop in Costa Rica is appealing too - haven't the port stops been rather dull for the last few PCs..? Also: new locks! Reimagined Wonder!

I think the stop in Costa Rica is appealing too - haven't the port stops been rather dull for the last few PCs..? Also: new locks! Reimagined Wonder!
I also think the Castaway Cay and Costa Rica stops are fueling interest in the April 2018 PC cruise - at least for me. I wasn't interested in the fall 2017 cruise because it goes to Cozumel and Grand Cayman, and ends in Galveston.

Last edited:

We've been on the Fantasy two out of our last three cruises and now want to go back to the classics. Our next cruise will be on the Magic, which will be the first for us on her since her re-imagining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter