** OPENING DAY PRICING 2017 Pt 2 May/September: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

But people will ... we will. Why do you think, just because you don't want to pay it, that nobody else will? Every time there is a release of itineraries, we hear the same thing ... DCL priced me out, DCL is too much, I'm off to *insert other cruise line*. For every person who doesn't book, there is always someone else to book in their place. That's why DCL is such a massively successful profitable company I guess.
Every time, it's the same old posts.
No, there isn't always someone to take their place. If that were so, DCL wouldn't need to offer *GT rates, cast member rates, FL resident and military discounts. Rates are this high because there are some people (like you) who are willing to pay their high prices - no matter what. When people stop taking the Disney bait on these high-priced cruises, only then will DCL get the message. Supply and demand is alive and well: Stop the demand, and the prices will drop.

Would you be so kind as to look up the Category and number of people in your stateroom? I just can't believe they would be quoting me double what they quoted you for the same category and number of cruisers. Not saying that you are wrong. Just incredulous over here! My Category was for 10A and 4 people in the same stateroom (2A and 2C).

Okay, I looked it up and it was a Cat 10A and the number of people was one.

But people will ... we will. Why do you think, just because you don't want to pay it, that nobody else will? Every time there is a release of itineraries, we hear the same thing ... DCL priced me out, DCL is too much, I'm off to *insert other cruise line*. For every person who doesn't book, there is always someone else to book in their place. That's why DCL is such a massively successful profitable company I guess.
Every time, it's the same old posts.
Actually what seems to happen in a lot of cases is they end up heavily discounting within three months of sailing.

Transatlantic 5Afor 2 adults no OBB, no insurance $5974.00. This is less than 2016 which is a 14 day vs 15 day in 2017.

June 19, 2017 7 Night Alaska
Cat 9C-Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom
2A, no-obb, no air/transfers/ins
$4668.86 $2135/$2135

Thanks for posting a regular 7 day Alaska! I was feeling a bit disappointed reading some of the quotes that it was going to be too much money for us. This one gives me some hope we will get to do Alaska in 2017. I can fit this in the budget with an OBB and playing the buying Disney Gift cards with the Target Red card to save another 5% game. We can do the last cruise in May which is usually a little cheaper to save more. Have enough frequent flier miles to get us there as well.

So the 5 night Alaskan and the 'regular' 7 night don't seem as horrendous as I was thinking so there is hope for us yet Still have to wait til tomorrow though as we are lowly Silver...waaahhhhh!

I was thinking that too, then I realized that the prices quoted were only for 2 adults- boo! Add in a tween and a maybe bringing the baby...arrg!

Found this one- almost twice the cost of our Fantasy cruise...

Ship: Wonder
7 night Alaska, July 17
2A/1C (14)
Deluxe Inside (not sure of Cat) - no insurance/transfers/air, no OBB
Total Cost: $6799

Oh Disney...my mind was already blown with the prices of the 10/11 day Fantasy

Has anyone priced the July 13, 2017 Norway and Iceland cruise? I'm looking for 3 adults & 1 child (16) for a verandah room.

Actually what seems to happen in a lot of cases is they end up heavily discounting within three months of sailing.

You are so right, The 15 night transatlantic and WBPC as well, these were what my son and future daughter in law were looking at for their honeymoon, but its too high at this point. I wish they could wait to book, but it would be cutting it close for a honeymoon. I don't want to suggest it because if they aren't discounted they will been so disappointed.

I was thinking that too, then I realized that the prices quoted were only for 2 adults- boo! Add in a tween and a maybe bringing the baby...arrg!

Found this one- almost twice the cost of our Fantasy cruise...

7 night Alaska, July 17
2A/1C (14)
Deluxe Inside (not sure of Cat) - no insurance/transfers/air, no OBB
Total Cost: $6799

Oh Disney...my mind was already blown with the prices of the 10/11 day Fantasy

The July 17th sailing is bound to be more expensive because it's has the extra stop at Icy Point. We want Alaska too and I'm trying not to compare anything to the 17th date.

Thanks for posting a regular 7 day Alaska! I was feeling a bit disappointed reading some of the quotes that it was going to be too much money for us. This one gives me some hope we will get to do Alaska in 2017. I can fit this in the budget with an OBB and playing the buying Disney Gift cards with the Target Red card to save another 5% game. We can do the last cruise in May which is usually a little cheaper to save more. Have enough frequent flier miles to get us there as well.

So glad to see a happy customer today!

2 night San Diego, May 12
4B
Verandah - no insurance/transfers/air, no OBB
Total Cost: $2658.47
2A1C (13)

No, there isn't always someone to take their place. If that were so, DCL wouldn't need to offer *GT rates, cast member rates, FL resident and military discounts. Rates are this high because there are some people (like you) who are willing to pay their high prices - no matter what. When people stop taking the Disney bait on these high-priced cruises, only then will DCL get the message. Supply and demand is alive and well: Stop the demand, and the prices will drop.

I also think the 3 day hold period doesn't help. The price is going up in the next 3 days but how many of those people end up putting down deposits especially on the higher priced sailings? By then the price has increased so much new people don't book. Then a year from now Disney has to offer *GT rates back down to what the opening rate was. Wouldn't it just be easier and better for Disney to price adjust again in 3 or 4 days once they see how many deposits they actually get?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter