Opening a Sun Trust Account - Info for those thinking about it

The Suntrust account is free - I wouldn't be paying an $8 a month fee just to be able to pay your dues monthly.
Using someone like XE makes transfering the money fairly painless too.

Where is the one in DTD ??? Also are these single accounts or joint acounts with same or different surnames. We will be there in June :)

Sun Trust at DTD is opposite the Ghirardelli / Team Mickey building, on the other side of Buena Vista Dr, in between Disney Casting and Hilton Hotel.

It's a big square mirror glass building with drive-thru teller plaza in front.

Don't know about the different type of accounts they have, I would write them an e-mail, they are pretty fast answering them.

I will go there on the last day of my stay in May, before leaving to the airport. Will drop the ladies at DTD so they won't get bored.

Hi

Not wishing to be nosey but can anyone tell me what the questionaire is like for opening an American Bank Account. I know what type of questions you get asked when you open a UK account but is it a similar set up.

Also apart from id is there anything else you need to take with you.

Just wondered as not being a home owner i wondered if that went against you like it can in the scoring system here in the UK.

Hi

They didn't ask us hardly anything - they just wanted to know we would be using the account regularly.

We took Passports and photo driving licences for ID.

HTH

Just back from WDW and opening an account with Suntrust was a breeze. Minimum amount for opening was $100 but after that there is no minium amount needed.

Took the free checking account, got a small starter booklet of checks right away as well as the log-in information for setting up the online account. PIN code I could also set right away.

To finish the online account access I had to wait for an e-mail from SunTrust with a setup ID, this arrived the next day. The free Visa Debit Card I received within the week to my swiss adress.

I now sent a fax to DVC on their secure fax line with a voided check requesting to charge future annual dues monthly to that account.

BTW, there is also an iPhone app for online banking with SunTrust. Just search for SunTrust in the app store, it's free.

It's handy to check on the current amount of money on the account.

We opened up an account at Sun Trust at Downtown today, girl just asked how much we would like to put in, she never asked for a set minimum so I just put $40. It only took about 30-40 minutes.

Hi,

We went to set an account at Sun Trust in June. They told us that we need 1 photo ID and 1 utility bill. Unfortunately, we didn't have any utility bills with us so we couldn't do it.

Hopefully, we will get it sorted out next time.

Hi,

We went to set an account at Sun Trust in June. They told us that we need 1 photo ID and 1 utility bill. Unfortunately, we didn't have any utility bills with us so we couldn't do it.

Did you tell them that you live outside the US?

They only asked for my passport.

Hi,

I only shown my passpost but offered my driving license as wel.l

Yes we did and they said that's why they need both otherwise a driving license would have been ok.

Hi,

Did you go to the one at Downtown, they never asked me for any utility bill.

It is administered by Citibank in the United Kingdom when they have branches in London, I can go.It is free of charge, as long as they maintain a certain balance.We have a savings account in dollars with them and we can win interest.Our plan is that when recharge rates are good. We have a decent amount, when the pound was at $ 1.90 and will use for all expenditure of our dollars for the next two years.

When we opened our account we were told that we would receive an email which would allow us to do online banking, I never received this. In contacted the banker and was told that they see where the problem was and would rectify it straight away, still waiting, but received my bank card through the post today so some progress.

Did you check with the bank that they have your e-mail adress right? Also, make sure the mail doesn't end up in the spam folder.

Received my activation mail for e-banking on the same day I was at the bank opening the account. The visa check card arrived about 3 weeks later.

BTW, there is an iphone app for SunTrust e-banking. Quite handy to check the balance on the go.

Did you check with the bank that they have your e-mail adress right? Also, make sure the mail doesn't end up in the spam folder.

Received my activation mail for e-banking on the same day I was at the bank opening the account. The visa check card arrived about 3 weeks later.

BTW, there is an iphone app for SunTrust e-banking. Quite handy to check the balance on the go.

Yes checked spam folder just incase, nothing. Will give them another email tomorrow to see whats happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter