• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Opened the Park and now I'm Back

Denzbrujah

Addicted to DISigns!
Just got back from our vacation. I will try and catch up on my thread by weeks end (gotta finish laundry, cleaning, unpacking etc etc).

Wanted to share a quick photo or two of the Magical time we had with my DIS friends. These were from Friday Aug. 27th so if anyone was there and has pics or vids I would love to see em.

OpeningCertificate.jpg

MagicKingdomOpening.jpg

I can't express how awesome the experience was.

So, how do you get chosen as the family that opens tha park? I always see that family and really want to do this, but not sure how. Please share!!!

Welcome Back Hon!!!

What a wonderful experience!Congratulations!
What a great looking Family you have .

Hugs Mel

I don't want to spoil the fun or surprise of what else is involed but I will say this, the expression on my sons face was tear jerking.

We tried for two days to be the family of the day
Both days We woke @ 5am to get there before 7am, We got quite a few glances and stares as we actually beat many of the employees there.
(Tip - Park @ the Contemp and walk over [less than 5 min walk] - Disney Trasportation is too spotty to rely on first thing in the morning)

Here's what we learned from the employee who chose us.

#1 - DON"T ASK (it's meant to be a surprise and it ruins the excitement)

#2 - Being first DOES NOT guarentee you will be picked but being early does help, they usually wait till a few families have arrived and then they will choose a family.

#3 - Enthusiam & Excitement

#4 - Matching Attire and Bright Colors Get you noticed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter