Open Port Orleans Already!-Opening OCT 14th & 28th!!!!

We’re booked at CBR for our Oct/Nov trip. We stayed at POR in 2018, and wanted to stay there this trip, but obviously it wasn’t available when we booked. Now that there may be some hope of the Port Orleans resorts opening, I can’t decide if we should stay with CBR or move to POR if it opens.

Any pros/cons or opinions for either would be appreciated.
I was also booked at CBR for my December trip, but really wanted POR as we love it. Everybody I talked to loved CBR for skyrider access but thats it. I could care less about the skyrider so we switched to GDT, but will switch to POR if it reopens in time for our stay.

We are booked at Pop for 10 nights in december but really want POFQ to open!! We love the Pop but want to try something different, not interested in Caribbean Beach or Coronado.

We are booked at Pop for 10 nights in december but really want POFQ to open!! We love the Pop but want to try something different, not interested in Caribbean Beach or Coronado.
We booked POP, then moved to CBR, then to GDT, but still hoping for POR to open....who knows, we might change back to POP if POR doesnt open lol

I would go ahead and book your second favorite choice and lock in dates and park reservations (assuming those will still be needed when you go) and just change your reservation when POR opens up
I think that is the direction we are going to take!

Considering that I've been checking prices and they are welll beyond our means (what???? for some places 600+ a night!!!) I don't think we'll be returning any time soon. Does anyone know why things have become so very expensive? There must be many rich people going is all I can say-for these prices we can rent a car, drive to New Orleans and experience the real French Quarter for a few nights instead of one at WDW's resorts! It's sad, because we had hoped to return this year, but doesn't seem at all likely.

Considering that I've been checking prices and they are welll beyond our means (what???? for some places 600+ a night!!!) I don't think we'll be returning any time soon. Does anyone know why things have become so very expensive? There must be many rich people going is all I can say-for these prices we can rent a car, drive to New Orleans and experience the real French Quarter for a few nights instead of one at WDW's resorts! It's sad, because we had hoped to return this year, but doesn't seem at all likely.

I so agree, the prices are shocking, especially for deluxe. We stayed at Beach Club for ~$380 a night in 2016. We are paying over $200/night for All Star Movies this year. Beach Club is $679/night for our dates this year.

I so agree, the prices are shocking, especially for deluxe. We stayed at Beach Club for ~$380 a night in 2016. We are paying over $200/night for All Star Movies this year. Beach Club is $679/night for our dates this year.

Regular price increases (we are 5 years beyond 2016 after all) plus increased demand means they aren't having to offer discounts. A lot of people have money saved from their cancelled 2020 trips and discounts are no issue.

I don't think it will open until staffing becomes more available. They seem to be struggling to fully staff what is currently open. Hopefully the next few months see more people applying.

We live down here (transplants) on the Alabama Gulf Coast. My husband is an executive chef at a restaurant here very popular with locals and tourists alike. Staffing has been IMPOSSIBLE and they are paying top dollar as well as benefits for hourly workers and still having a hard time getting people. I can imagine when Disney went dark and laid off so many people, and now opening up again those folks have gone onto other things and those who are there are struggling to keep up with the guests they have. His resturant starts diswashers off at 13 an hour and promotes quickly to other positions and if you're qualified it's more. Maybe Disney needs to offer more to employees? I'm sure they pay fairly well being they are so big-but staffing in the hospitality field here is hard. I can imagine it's touch in other places as well.

We live down here (transplants) on the Alabama Gulf Coast. My husband is an executive chef at a restaurant here very popular with locals and tourists alike. Staffing has been IMPOSSIBLE and they are paying top dollar as well as benefits for hourly workers and still having a hard time getting people. I can imagine when Disney went dark and laid off so many people, and now opening up again those folks have gone onto other things and those who are there are struggling to keep up with the guests they have. His resturant starts diswashers off at 13 an hour and promotes quickly to other positions and if you're qualified it's more. Maybe Disney needs to offer more to employees? I'm sure they pay fairly well being they are so big-but staffing in the hospitality field here is hard. I can imagine it's touch in other places as well.
Its difficult to staff when people are being paid more for unemployment and NOT to work than to actually make the people get a job. It is like that in every business right not. People are going to milk the benefits as long as they are still offered. And Disney isn't known for paying very much to begin with....which isn't helping their cause

I heard (rumor) that based on staffing, that they are going to try to have most, if not all, resorts open by October for the 50th celebration. But again it all depends on hiring and training enough staff. In Florida, the extra $300 monthly unemployment benefit goes away at the end of this month, so that should make it easier to hire. But like Robbydj13 mentioned, WDW does not pay their people very well, so that may bite them.

I have always had a fantastic experience with the buses at FQ.
Not so much Riverside though.
We have done Lyft to the parks before (notably at like 5AM to DHS when we had to be in the park to get Rise of the Resistance passes lol). It's always been reasonable and they drop you right at the front (except MK of course- always do bus to MK).

I know everyone has different experiences, but we have stayed at POR numerous times and never had bus problems. They were no slower than other resorts, IMO. However we tend to go to WDW at "off" times, so maybe that's why? I wouldn't be afraid of the buses at POR at all. It is such a beautiful resort and has everything going for it.

This is exactly right. The entire hospitality industry in the US pretty much shut down and most of those people moved on to something else. Now the entire industry is trying to ramp back up at once, and there's a lot of competition to hire those workers. I'm sure Disney doesn't want those empty hotels just sitting there costing them money.

YESSSSS!!!! I want to visit my DD whose in the DCP for a long labor day weekend. I am DVC but since I can't borrow more than 50% of my points, I need to book another resort. I really really wish POR would open because my other choices are , well let's just say not POR.

I know everyone has different experiences, but we have stayed at POR numerous times and never had bus problems. They were no slower than other resorts, IMO. However we tend to go to WDW at "off" times, so maybe that's why? I wouldn't be afraid of the buses at POR at all. It is such a beautiful resort and has everything going for it.

Other than one flukey wait at Epcot for an FQ bus, where we totally should have just gotten on the 2nd riverside bus that came, I don't remember bus issues. But it could be the fact I was a city dweller for so long, I don't pay attention to bus issues....the bus comes when it comes :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter