Open bottles of liquor?

kdnmom

Mouseketeer
I know that there are restrictions for what food can be brought on board, in that it has to be sealed in packaging, etc. Does the same apply for liquor? Can we carry on an open bottle of rum, for example? We have a bottle that's 4/5 full and I'm wondering if we have to go buy a whole new bottle.

Thanks!!

I need to know this too! I'm sure my mom would like to use some of her rum during those two days before our WBTA.

I never even thought about an open bottle.

To my knowledge it doesn't matter. We took on rum, wine and beer and no one looked at any of our stuff at all. Be sure you pack it well for carry on. Some guy couldn't wait to start drinking so he grabbed a beer, outside the terminal, slammed down his booze bag and busted at least 2 bottles of wine.

I know that there are restrictions for what food can be brought on board, in that it has to be sealed in packaging, etc. Does the same apply for liquor? Can we carry on an open bottle of rum, for example? We have a bottle that's 4/5 full and I'm wondering if we have to go buy a whole new bottle.

Thanks!!

For liquor, it doesn't matter if it sealed. They do not inspect it. It must be in the luggage you personally carry onto the ship. You may not put liquor/soda/etc in the luggage that is delivered to your room.

Also keep in mind that many states have a law prohibiting open (unsealed) containers in the passenger compartment of a car. In FL and CA, unsealed containers are OK in a locked trunk.

After first cruise that we brough way to much liquor, this past trip we brought three flask. They were in carry on and went through TSA xray machine. Never said a word.

As long as you carry it on the container doesn't matter.

We've brought partially consumed bottles before. Last trip I brought two glass flasks with stoppers. They were marked with masking tape and Sharpie. No one bothered to take a second look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter