• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OOP Dining Rec.

brightcutie

Earning My Ears
This is only our second trip to WDW and I need help picking great places to eat. My family consists of DH, myself, and our two boys (age 4 and infant). We are staying out of park, so we will be paying OOP and only be eating in park for lunch and snacks. We have booked one character breakfast at Hollywood and Vine, since DS LOVES Jake and the Neverland Pirates.
I would love to hear your recommendations for two more TS meals and three CS meals. This is our second trip and we plan to be in MK two days, Epcot two days, and one day in both HS and AK.

For your Epcot days, I'd suggest lunches at Sunshine Seasons (lots of variety, excellent food) and Tangierine Café (non-burgers and fries, even for kids, and some interesting flavors).

At AK, I really like Tusker House. It's a character meal (buffet) with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Daisy, and Donald. Outside of that, though, it also has a wide variety of stuff, from cold cuts to exotic flavored sauces and cooked items. Breakfast is also very good there.

And at DHS, there are not a lot of what I would call interesting kids' picks. I lean toward Fairfax Fare for the BBQ plate for myself, and they have a turkey sandwich there for kids. Seating is outside, though, and I know that's not everyone's cup of tea.

For the remaining TS, I'd suggest Crystal Palace in MK for a breakfast character meal with Pooh and his Hundred Acre Woods friends. You can get in before the park opens with an early ADR, take some pictures without a lot of people around, and, if the timing is right, get a slight jump on people coming into the park at rope drop. Columbia Harbor House is my favorite CS in MK, if you would rather do one of those there.

Enjoy your trip!

Thank you so much! Eating breakfast and most dinners at the condo saves us a lot of money, so we will probably be able to splurge on at least two table service meals for lunch, of not three or four.
For counter service last year we ate at Cosmic Rays and I believe the Harbor House (DH had shrimp and I had some kind of fish). We loved them both. We ate at Yak and Yeti in AK but my husband came down with a stomach virus that night and said he would really prefer not to go back to that one:(. At Epcot, we ate at the Rose and Crown and sat outside. We had fantastic service there and the food was very good.

CP in MK for lunch is good (not fans of breakfast there and not much difference from Lunch and dinner except for the $13 increase pp). The characters are fun there.

Coral Reef in Epcot is a good place to keep the kids busy watching the fish in the fish tank-I think they'd enjoy that and the food is good as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter