Ooohh, excited but nervous

:woohoo:I've booked my trip!! I'll be there from 3rd - 12th Dec. Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement. (Also, I've recently seen the big and long established thread for solo travellers arranging to meet to eat...how did I miss that?? Silly me ) SueDonym3 (love the name!), I was wondering about going to the Christmas party, but I discounted it as I didn't think that it would be much fun for someone on their own. However, since you've recommended it I think that I will reconsider. I've never done any of the ticketed events, and they do sound like a laugh. :yay: Disney!

Woo! Congrats on booking! Let the countdown begin! ...jealous! And I've never done the Christmas Party, but have done the Halloween Party, and had so much fun at that, I would suggest the Christmas based off what I experienced at the Halloween party!

You might also think about doing a tour or two. I would love to do this on a solo trip, but DH will never let me go without him. I think you will have a great time.

This. I decided last night to book keys to the kingdom seems like a fun way to see/learn new things and many people do these solo as lots of times the whole party might not want to attend the tour

This. I decided last night to book keys to the kingdom seems like a fun way to see/learn new things and many people do these solo as lots of times the whole party might not want to attend the tour

Please realize that you may be the only solo on the tour. My tour (Backstage Magic) was a lot of couples, one party of three, myself, and the tour guides.

Glad to hear that you are going. I also worked up the courage to go solo for the first time. My trip is in September and I can't wait! :yay:

And even though I am not getting over a break up, I still understand the concern about going by yourself. One of the things I have planned for myself is a character breakfast! I'm super excited because I have never done one.

So good luck and have fun!

Aeryn76, I hope that you have a fab time. I've always thought that September must be a good time to go. Which character breakfast have you booked?

:woohoo:I've booked my trip!! I'll be there from 3rd - 12th Dec.

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement.

(Also, I've recently seen the big and long established thread for solo travellers arranging to meet to eat...how did I miss that?? Silly me )

SueDonym3 (love the name!), I was wondering about going to the Christmas party, but I discounted it as I didn't think that it would be much fun for someone on their own. However, since you've recommended it I think that I will reconsider. I've never done any of the ticketed events, and they do sound like a laugh.

:yay: Disney!

You may also want to check out the Candlelight Processional while you are there.

SueDonym3 (love the name!), I was wondering about going to the Christmas party, but I discounted it as I didn't think that it would be much fun for someone on their own. However, since you've recommended it I think that I will reconsider. I've never done any of the ticketed events, and they do sound like a laugh.

Congrats on booking your trip! You will have a blast. I did the Christmas Party on my first solo trip and I enjoyed it so much. Lots of shows, a different parade that is really cool-and I am not a fan of the parades, plus fireworks, hot chocolate, and it snows on main street!

Please realize that you may be the only solo on the tour. My tour (Backstage Magic) was a lot of couples, one party of three, myself, and the tour guides.

Thanks for the heads up. Either way is fine with me!

Do it! Don't be so nervicited (yes it is a word) embrace the excitement that comes with planning and enjoy the time there because, well... its disney. 'nuff said.

Enjoy your trip

I second the candlelight processional recommendation too-allears.net will have the list of celebrity presenters...also, try to catch the storytellers around Epcot. Very neat but different presentations...Germany was my favorite...December is an awesome time in the parks...

Congrats and so glad you booked your trip! I am a 43 y.o. female and recently found myself single again after my fiance unexpectedly passed away. I will be arriving Saturday, 11/29 and departing Friday, 12/12 for my first solo trip. I can't imagine not doing Disney and have never been for Christmas-time so I am really looking forward to it. I am making a list of all the stuff I have never done and have a lot to tackle. You are right about dinner, I would expect everyone to pay for their own. I have done a few tours in the past, but not solo. Wild Africa Trek was great and Marceline to MK was really good because you got to see how the ghosts in the HM ballroom work.

Dear FiggieFan, I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope that you have a wonderful time on your trip, I'm sure you will. Disney at Christmas is magical!

Livingthedisneylife ...'nervicited', I love it! :)

Glad to hear that you are going. I also worked up the courage to go solo for the first time. My trip is in September and I can't wait! :yay:

And even though I am not getting over a break up, I still understand the concern about going by yourself. One of the things I have planned for myself is a character breakfast! I'm super excited because I have never done one.

So good luck and have fun!

We're going in September too... and by "we" I mean me and my seven year old daughter (So I still consider it a solo trip, hahahaha) :cool1:

Hi, just a few things. Congrats on booking it and going it alone. It will be fabulous and you will love it. I have done the Christmas part with just my OH and it was amazing. I have also visited the Crystal Palace for character dining with and without the kids and I loved it every time. Ask for Scott he is my favourite and made me feel like a Princess xx

I was at Disney at Christmas with my grown up kids...so much to see and do.. I thought I'd come home satisfied...but as a group there is compromise and I came home wanting more..so like you I've booked to go back solo....October this time.

I am going on a solo trip at the end of august- early sept.
But I will also be there at the beginning of December too. I would be interested in having a meal if you are still going. How many people would be meeting up? It would be great to have a few of us. Let me know....

Rick

I'm in a similar situation as you. I was with my ex for 10 years and we both loved going to WDW more than anything. I've got what was supposed to be our honeymoon coming up in September and I was supposed to take a friend but now she's backed out. I love WDW and have been looking forward to this trip for such a long time. I'm considering going solo but I'm nervous I'll feel lonely or sad, with old feelings getting in my way, because of the memories that him and I shared. Reading your thread is convincing me to take the plunge and go solo, though! I'm still torn but it's definitely a possibility now.

Hi :wave2:

I live in the UK and I'll be there on a solo trip the 1st week in December. I'd be up for a dinner meet up :)

Well done for going ahead and booking, this is my second solo trip and as great as it is visiting with family and friends I have just as great a time on my own too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter