Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

So. Treats and characters and costumes 👀

I think I've bitten off too much. Realizing I need to figure out 4 costumes for Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend in January plus my OBB costume and I forgot I'm supposed to build a new Nutcracker head for one of my gigs before September 😂. And I'm about to go into my "I won't really get any break" time of year starting August 15 until the new year 🫠

Whoops.

But also I still need to figure out what those costumes will be :scratchin . Anyone else feel like they're already behind?

So. Treats and characters and costumes 👀

I think I've bitten off too much. Realizing I need to figure out 4 costumes for Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend in January plus my OBB costume and I forgot I'm supposed to build a new Nutcracker head for one of my gigs before September 😂. And I'm about to go into my "I won't really get any break" time of year starting August 15 until the new year 🫠

Whoops.

But also I still need to figure out what those costumes will be :scratchin . Anyone else feel like they're already behind?
Even if you may feel behind it’s still the most magical kind of planning around.

Even if you may feel behind it’s still the most magical kind of planning around.

Here's hoping I pick something simple lol. I'm only going to have Mondays to work on it and this Nutcracker head.

I'm bad at simple. I made wings one year for MHP that lit up. And I mean lit up. Something like 80-90 feet of electroluminescent wire. Going through security was interesting having to tell them even if I took the wings off I would likely still set off the metal detector 😂. I had spiral steel boning in my corset I was wearing to support the wings 😬

Excited to see what everyone else decides on 😻

Here's hoping I pick something simple lol. I'm only going to have Mondays to work on it and this Nutcracker head.

I'm bad at simple. I made wings one year for MHP that lit up. And I mean lit up. Something like 80-90 feet of electroluminescent wire. Going through security was interesting having to tell them even if I took the wings off I would likely still set off the metal detector 😂. I had spiral steel boning in my corset I was wearing to support the wings 😬

Excited to see what everyone else decides on 😻
Oh wow! That’s some serious costume dedication!! I love it 😍

Oh wow! That’s some serious costume dedication!! I love it 😍
To be fair my career is working in costumes for live theatre so it's a bit of a cheat 😂

This was my MHP 2017 costume:
IMG_20171031_230713589.jpg

My travel panda was dressed as a pirate (can't see him, but he's on my shoulder blocking part of my left wing), but I had intended for him to be dressed as Tink's firefly friend Blaze (complete with a light up butt). Ran out of time and I got lazy.

I definitely peaked with this costume 😂. I've tried to go way more simple since then. Also the tech isn't quite there yet (or not at my budget level to invest in a "for fun" project) for the next step I want to do with the wings (I want to be able to have them interact with a second set of wings like they do in Secret of the Wings). Maybe some day~

Going to have to think on this 🤔. Need something I can adapt to weather (or just have two costume options :cool1:). I did Dani last year and I was dying from how hot it was. It wasn't easy to adapt that costume to the weather.

We are doing simple costumes, more like bounding Winnie the Pooh Characters. We all got these epic/ridiculous character hats from Amazon! Question.. do you think I should I should put the name Pooh on the red shirt or leave it blank???

I watched a merch video and have a few must haves and I cannot wait for the foodie guide and OBB exclusive merch announcement!

I hope Sid makes an appearance again this year….

We are doing simple costumes, more like bounding Winnie the Pooh Characters. We all got these epic/ridiculous character hats from Amazon! Question.. do you think I should I should put the name Pooh on the red shirt or leave it blank???

I think it would be better blank unless you want to leave no doubt about the character? But I think most will recognize who you're supposed to be 💚

Hi everyone. Hope you're having fun planning for this event. It will be here before you know it. :)

Just popping in to say that I believe we're done talking about getting tickets in any other avenue other than the official Disney site. If anyone posts anything about getting tickets from a third party site or another person please report that post so we can delete it, and please don't respond. It makes our jobs easier.

Back to your planning fun. I'm looking forward to seeing your pics and hearing about your adventures. :)

Hi everyone. Hope you're having fun planning for this event. It will be here before you know it. :)

Just popping in to say that I believe we're done talking about getting tickets in any other avenue other than the official Disney site. If anyone posts anything about getting tickets from a third party site or another person please report that post so we can delete it, and please don't respond. It makes our jobs easier.

Back to your planning fun. I'm looking forward to seeing your pics and hearing about your adventures. :)

I apologize now for my potential future stressed out posts once it really hits me I have only one day off a week until my party night 😂

Need to decide this weekend what my costume will be so I can source fabric :scratchin. Then could maybe have fun posting progress here to keep myself accountable to get it done early 👀💚

I think it would be better blank unless you want to leave no doubt about the character? But I think most will recognize who you're supposed to be 💚
With these hats I think it’ll be obvious who we are 😂

Attachments

• IMG_2088.jpeg
    IMG_2088.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 11
Anyone have any luck booking happiest haunts? I thought reservations were supposed to open today, but not seeing anything yet??

Slots for the tour went so quickly the 2 days we would have been able to go. A bit sad about it but maybe for the best.

EDIT: Well, it looks like times keep going in and out, which shouldn't be surprising to me at this point lol. We were able to get a reservation for 5 of us on the Friday we wanted at 4:15.

Last edited:
I don’t think you can enter DCA, leave, and re-enter all with OBB tix. (Our tix say good for one entry.) So I would go to GCH first and then enter the party through the GCH entrance.
I take the good for one entry as for one person for one party. When we have gone to parties, we have gone back to our room, returned to party a couple of times. Again, we were staying at the Grand. Perhaps it has changed.

I'm curious on the Happiest Haunts tour. Does anyone know if the reserved area is reserved seating or standing only? It's odd because the only dates that are sold out are September 15 and 16th lol, the only two days we can do it if we cancel our Tomorrowland Terrace fireworks viewing for one day. Probably not meant to be anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter