Oogie Boogie August 2024 dates? Halloween Time starts August 23.

Oogie Boogie Bash is a separately ticketed event. It's similar to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at WDW, but not the same. There is a different parade, a walk through light/sound experience called Villain's Grove, treat trails with rare characters and villains and character meet-and-greets, etc. It usually takes place on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays throughout the Halloween season, so you'll be there for the first week of OBB. It happens at DCA, so keep in mind that DCA closes early on those nights when you are making your park plans. (More info here: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/ev...-adventure/oogie-boogie-bash-halloween-party/) Some people say it's better than the party at WDW, but others say no, so I guess it depends on what you want out of your Halloween party.

Halloween Time just refers to the period of time when the parks celebrate Halloween. So starting August 23rd this year, the parks will be decorated for Halloween, characters will have Halloween themed costumes, and special foods, drinks and merch will be available. (As well as the Happiest Haunts tour if you'd like to take a special Halloween themed tour.)
COOL!! TY! Do DVC members get any discounts? Do people dress up in Halloween costumes like they do for MNSSHP at WDW? Any idea of the cost (last year for example)? Will Tower of Terror only have the overlay during the parties (so we could see the regular TOT during the day)?? So many questions I know! But this may be a happy surprise for us)!
ETA we've done MNSSHP 3x over the years and always dress up - not sure I want to lug big costumes to DL but might consider it if dressing up is a big thing there too.

Last edited:
COOL!! TY! Do DVC members get any discounts? Do people dress up in Halloween costumes like they do for MNSSHP at WDW? Any idea of the cost (last year for example)? Will Tower of Terror only have the overlay during the parties (so we could see the regular TOT during the day)?? So many questions I know! But this may be a happy surprise for us)!

I don't know about the DVC discounts as I'm not a member, but maybe someone else will know here. Prices varied from $134 to like $189 last year, so it just depends on what night. And yes, people definitely dress up in costumes! That's really half the fun of it too, seeing everyone in their Halloween stuff.

We don't have Tower of Terror in California, we have Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout now. It does have an overlay for Halloween called Monsters After Dark. It's available in the evenings every day of Halloween season, so both the original AND the overlay will be available for you.

I don't know about the DVC discounts as I'm not a member, but maybe someone else will know here. Prices varied from $134 to like $189 last year, so it just depends on what night. And yes, people definitely dress up in costumes! That's really half the fun of it too, seeing everyone in their Halloween stuff.

We don't have Tower of Terror in California, we have Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout now. It does have an overlay for Halloween called Monsters After Dark. It's available in the evenings every day of Halloween season, so both the original AND the overlay will be available for you.
THANK YOU!! This sounds like something we'll have to stay on top of while planning!! We always had so much fun coming up with costumes....and it's probably not nearly as HOT in CA as it always was in FL so we wouldn't be melting! :rotfl2: May have to use a repeat costume -- or is that cheating??!!

THANK YOU!! This sounds like something we'll have to stay on top of while planning!! We always had so much fun coming up with costumes....and it's probably not nearly as HOT in CA as it always was in FL so we wouldn't be melting! :rotfl2: May have to use a repeat costume -- or is that cheating??!!
Just know that the tickets sell out for all dates of OBB within hours on the first day they are released. They have a shorter season of parties than WDW (though they are starting in August this year, which is a bit earlier than prior), so fewer parties to choose from. And locals and out of towners alike love OBB, so you will be in a long virtual queue on the day ticket sales open, and you also need some pixie dust to make it all work and get tickets. Not trying to discourage you from going (we love it and have done it the last several years), but you do want to be very on top of when the tickets will go on sale.

Last edited:

Just know that the tickets sell out for all dates of OBB within hours on the first day they are released. They have a shorter season of parties than WDW (though they are starting in August this year, which is a bit earlier than prior), so fewer parties to choose from. And locals love OBB, so you will be in a long virtual queue on the day ticket sales open, and you also need some pixie dust to make it all work and get tickets. Not trying to discourage you from going (we love it and have done it the last several years), but you do want to be very on top of when the tickets will go on sale.
Thank you so much for the heads up! I never would have known that. I guess DH and I should both try for them that day. Where / how is the best way to find out when that will be?

Thank you so much for the heads up! I never would have known that. I guess DH and I should both try for them that day. Where / how is the best way to find out when that will be?
Watch these Boards! People will be posting all about it in the days leading up to the on-sale. Most people log in via the app and several browsers on several devices, trying to get into the system before tickets sell out. Last year was a very big mess... read old threads if you want to see how it went! Hopefully Disney IT is better this time.

Watch these Boards! People will be posting all about it in the days leading up to the on-sale. Most people log in via the app and several browsers on several devices, trying to get into the system before tickets sell out. Last year was a very big mess... read old threads if you want to see how it went! Hopefully Disney IT is better this time.
Well, I guess we'll both do whatever we can do. We do have to work sometimes tho. :rotfl2: :rolleyes1 Which time zone do they go on sale under? Are they under CA time??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter