• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ontario ?

Sugar Jones

DIS Veteran
Sorry I tried to edit the title but I can't lol! It is supposed to say Ontari PLACE?

I'm looking for a fun two day getaway for us this summer. The kids want to do African Lion Safari again and then head to Niagara for a night, but I was looking at the Ontario Place website and thought it looked fun. Maybe we could add a Jays game for the boys and shopping for me and dd.

Has anyone been and do you think my kids are the right age for it? They are two boys 9 & 7 and 3yr old dd.

Sorry I tried to edit the title but I can't lol! It is supposed to say Ontari PLACE?

I'm looking for a fun two day getaway for us this summer. The kids want to do African Lion Safari again and then head to Niagara for a night, but I was looking at the Ontario Place website and thought it looked fun. Maybe we could add a Jays game for the boys and shopping for me and dd.

Has anyone been and do you think my kids are the right age for it? They are two boys 9 & 7 and 3yr old dd.

I think the kids would enjoy Ontario Place. We used to have Seasons Passes and went quite often when my son was younger. Last year was the first year we didn't go as he is older now.

They have great kiddie rides for kids your age. Lots of fun stuff to do! The waterpark they have is also a lot of fun.

Wow...African Lion Safari and then Niagara Falls? That's quite a drive.

That sounds like a great vacation. We haven't been to Ontario Place in years. If you have any questions about any of these places just ask. We will help.

It's not all that far. Google maps says almost an hour and a half, but I'm sure we've done it in less than that. At least you're not dealing with traffic across the GTA.

We love Ontario Place! We've had seasons passes since the kids were really little. Haven't bought this years' passes yet, but I think we'll get them again. Our guys are now 8 and 6. They love the Wilderness Adventure (log flume) ride! DH and I like it because we love to be by the water. It seems to make a slightly more relaxed pace compared to some other amusement parks.

They have great kiddie rides for kids your age. Lots of fun stuff to do! The waterpark they have is also a lot of fun.

Not really for us, it's all in the general same direction.

We went to Ontario Place place last year and wouldn't go again short of the very small water park there isn't much there to do we found. Our daughter was 6 at the time and we had just taken her the day before to Toronto Island which is amazing and she had a blast at, we didn't spend alot of time at OP that's for sure and won't go again. Toronto Island is super neat though? We did the whole Toronto deal those 3 days, the CN Tower, Toronto Island and Ontario Place, and OP was her least fav of the 3. Just IMO not worth it.:confused3

Ontario Place is great for kids. Great stuff to do and a nice location. And HOPEFULLY, you might be able to catch a jays game!

Enjoy coming to Niagara, lots to do down here:):)

Ontario Place is great for kids. Great stuff to do and a nice location. And HOPEFULLY, you might be able to catch a jays game!

Enjoy coming to Niagara, lots to do down here:):)

I love Niagara Falls. Even if we do decide to do Toronto in July I might sneak in a trip to the Falls with the kids in August while dh is at the Nascar race in Michigan.

Ontario Place is a lot of fun BUT I think I am going to side with your kids on this one and say go back to the African Lion Safari.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 As you know, you can't get that kind of close up interaction with the animals anywhere else. I have been there at least a dozen times and still enjoy it every time I go there. Last summer, my daughter got the chance to camp there with the Girl Guides. She then went back there one month later and would gladly have gone again if we had let her. :)

We went to Ontario Place place last year and wouldn't go again short of the very small water park there isn't much there to do we found. Our daughter was 6 at the time and we had just taken her the day before to Toronto Island which is amazing and she had a blast at, we didn't spend alot of time at OP that's for sure and won't go again. Toronto Island is super neat though? We did the whole Toronto deal those 3 days, the CN Tower, Toronto Island and Ontario Place, and OP was her least fav of the 3. Just IMO not worth it.:confused3

I am suprised that your daughter didn't enjoy it. Did she go on the operated cars, or the mini bumper boats ? What about the hot air ballon ride ? Or the Mini Putt ? The water park is great fun at that age. Did you take her to a movie ?

I am suprised that your daughter didn't enjoy it. Did she go on the operated cars, or the mini bumper boats ? What about the hot air ballon ride ? Or the Mini Putt ? The water park is great fun at that age. Did you take her to a movie ?

Yes we did the mini golf soon as we got there, she did enjoy that I guess. The mini bumper boats she felt were for 'babys' and the bigger ones by the time we got around to doing that it was so hot out she had no interest in waiting in line for. The cars we did and each car she got in the battery kept dying, so that was a wash, didn't see any hot air balloon at all, water park was the only plus to the place really to me. The indy was on, we enjoyed browsing the stuff outside the park rather than what was in more so than anything there. I wouldn't go again or recommend it. After everything we saw and there was to do at Toronto Island there was no comparison.

My kids (ages 9 and 5) much prefer Canada's Wonderland to Ontario Place. Perhaps you could give it a try.

Looks like I am in the minority here, but I think Ontario Place is boring and too expensive for what there is.

I would suggest Canada's Wonderland.

totally agree we are totally in the minority though your right, makes me even wonder if I was at the same place lol.......... Canada's Wonderland if you've not been is great they'd love that for sure, its like a little mini Disney, tons of rides, and a huge water park. Toronto really has a ton to offer if you look into it, I had never even heard of Toronto Island til I researched it some and glad I did, we loved it the ferry ride in itself over there thrilled my dd.

Looks like I am in the minority here, but I think Ontario Place is boring and too expensive for what there is.

I would suggest Canada's Wonderland.

I tend to agree with you on this one - we went two years ago. The log ride was good, but there wasn't really much else there - we saw a show about the New Orleans hurricane on the huge screen. There was an exhibit about weather. The line up was huge for the cars and my son (8) didn't want to wait. He enjoyed the big climbing structure the most! A severe thunderstorm with downpour hit before we got to the waterpark but there are waterparks everywhere.

Wow, really? I'll have to check in to that then. We tried to take the kids to Ontario Place about 3 years back. Took the GO train into Toronto, bus to Ontario Place... only to discover the Caribbana was happening as well!

O M G - what a nightmare that was! :scared1: Two hours later we left, headed back home and stopped a Chuck E Cheese... We never even made it inside Ontario Place!!

Promised the kids we would go back one day, but never have yet. :rolleyes: Maybe we should try again this year.

Africian Lion Safari - love that place!!! We use air miles to get tickets and go every summer. During peak season as the kids love the waterpark area. The money we save on admission we use for lunch, dinner, snacks & souvies instead.

This year I really want to take my DS7 to Centre Island. I haven't been there since my 20's. I don't even recall what it's like. My parents took my DD11 last summer.

I worked for several summers in OP back in the 90s and thought younger kids (under age 9) had the most fun. Mostly in the waterpark and water play rides. The park didn't charge admission at that time but I recall the waterpark was free for all kids. If the park is admission free this summer then it's worth it.

Definitely check the calendar in case there is a huge event happening in OP like a musicfest or Caribana outside of the gates. The park and the surroundings will be a mad house! MAD HOUSE!! At least public transit is better and easier so travelling to OP doesn't include a half mile hike any longer.

I bet the biggest disappointment will be the food. The restaurants are horribly expensive and the food is awful. The food outlets are horribly expensive and the food could be considered swill. Bring snacks and drinks and water for your visit and find a place offsite to eat your meals. I'd also recommend not eating on Front Street near the Roger's Centre and the CN Tower -- very swill like and expensive. Spaghetti Factory is pretty decent and kids love it. It's on the Esplanade east of Yonge Street -- very central. As well, Little Italy & Chinatown are downtown and easy on the stomach and pocketbook.

The Toronto Islands are great! If the kids want rides then start in Centre Island. But if you're looking more for beach fun then take the ferry to Ward's Island. I like Hanlon's Point but that beach also has a clothing optional beach and that's just emotionally scarring (not cuz there are naked people, but because it's usually the scary looking people who go naked). Same caveat about food (in fact, I think the same company runs the snack bars in OP), bring snacks and drinks and water. The food is on the vile side of taste.

I hope you guys have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter