Onsite then offsite (Sorry so long)

fvols98

Earning My Ears
Hello Experts!

We will have the pleasure of being in Orlando from 6/4-6/10. We will be staying at the RPR from 6/4-6/6 then moving offsite to Windsor Hills with extended family. We would like to go to each park twice during our stay. What rides would you tackle while onsite? We would like to go to IOA on Sunday 6/5 and US on 6/6. Then we will take a day off on Tuesday and be returning to the parks on 6/8 and 6/9 as offsite guests. We enjoy everything except the major rollercoasters, ie RRR, Hulk, and the Dragon Challenge. We are early risers and will be at the parks at opening. No big HP fans so it is not a major to do. Help me plan my itinerary. I would like to enjoy both the resort for swimming and our pool at our house rental. Therefore, how can we get the most out of our days with some PM breaks when it is dreadfully hot?

Sorry so long but the onsite/offsite makes it a little difficult. Thank you in advance for your help, tips, and suggestions.

You have an itinerary similar to ours. It's a question I brought up but haven't heard yet except for one who gave me tips. :worship:

But my thoughts currently are, if you're spending time onsite, use the early entry to your advantage and DO HARRY POTTER. Once you're outta there in a couple hours, then do all the rides except for the 3 that don't have express pass outside of WWoHP. Repeat again the next day; do the early entry to WWoHP, then skip over to Universals and take advantage of the unlimited express pass benefit.

Don't carry much except what you can carry in your pockets. Plan your water rides to just before your break, change in the hotel or swim at the hotel.

Offsite coming back- that's the time to have your cameras and purses and such. Meander through, take pics, do the rides that don't have express early in the morning, shop, do any ride you want to repeat- the popular ones in the morning in the first hour the general public are rushing at Harry Potter.

That's so far what I have in mind for us.

While onsite, you should take full advantage of the unlimited Express and do as much as you can with it. I think crowds will start to get bad in June so there may be no relief in sight...crowd wise. Make sure you take breaks while staying onsite and use the pools for cooling off.

When you move offsite, you will have more of a challenge but if you've already seen and done most of what you want while onsite it should be a couple of relatively relaxing days. Windsor Hills is a good 30 minutes from Universal (with traffic) and leaving Universal to take breaks at your house is going to seriously reduce your park time. I live about 25 minutes from Universal and I wouldn't want to leave and then come back later and I don't live in the tourist area so I don't have to deal with I-4 or 192 at all. It will be a challenge for you.

But again...if you've already spent two days onsite, you should be able to do pretty much whatever you want.

Also...when you move offsite, keep the stuff you're needing to bring with you at a minimum because of the attractions that don't allow carryons...you won't have to fool with a locker. If you aren't going to ride any of those attractions, then bring whatever.

While you are on-site, take full advantage of the express pass! You should be able to see everything at both parks with a lot of time to spare. Go US or IOA in the morning. From 9am until noon you should (hopefully) be able to ride most of the rides at the park. Then head to the pool around noon to cool off. Around 3-4pm I would head back and to the park and see what you missed and ride your favorites.

Now when you are off-site, things will be totally different. The lines for a lot of the rides could be an hour or more (the same rides you waited maybe 5 minutes for with express). Take your time while off-site, but I DO NOT suggest going back to the hotel for a swim! By the time you get to your car (a long walk from the parks), drive 30-45 minutes back to the hotel, you have already wasted an hour. Now you have to change and go swimming so there goes another 2 hours. Finally, you need ANOTHER hour to get back to the parks. That FOUR hours of park time that you paid for, gone. If you want to take a break from the park, go and have a nice meal at Citywalk or at Mythos. Go and see a show like T2-3D which will take you about 30 minutes.

Have fun on your trip!

Thanks so much for the replies. Would it be better for my family on the two offsite days to tour IOA or US until 1 or 2 maybe take a lunch break in AC, of course, then continue touring the parks after? Also on the offsite days which attractions would you think would have the shortest wait times. I am thinking of may be planning those on our offsite days.

Metro, I didn't realize it would be a 30 minute drive. I had heard 20 minutes or less. Thanks for that valuable nugget of info.

Since the parks close at 7 and 8 respectfully, we will do our swimming in the evenings after we are done.

Once again thanks.

Well, you will be able to ride everything during your onsite days without any issues. So, don't hold back and wait to ride something until you are offsite. Again, take FULL advantage of your express pass...you will love it!

Now, its hard to say what rides will not have long lines since the summer will have just started for a lot of people. HP will of course always be busy and have a long line. However, the Dragon Challenge (for whatever reason) never seems to have a line and if it does, it is short.

For me, I would do everything while onsite and then for my offsite days I would go and ride the ones I enjoyed the most again (not caring about the line). Of course, you will need to take a break in the afternoon to have a good meal (I suggest Mythos at IOA...its a great sit down table service meal that will give you at least an hour to relax).

Good idea waiting to do the pool after the park closes. That will give you more time to enjoy what you paid for!

Metro, I didn't realize it would be a 30 minute drive. I had heard 20 minutes or less. Thanks for that valuable nugget of info.
No...it's not anywhere near 20 minutes. I-4 can be a beast and the traffic on 192 is no better. It might take you 20 minutes just to get on I-4 from 192. Now if you were try and make the trip at 3am then it might take you less than 20 minutes but otherwise...no way.

Will this work, Experts for our offsite day at IOA? (Wed 6/8)

Arrive by 8:30
Spiderman
Seuss Trolley
Cat in the Hat
One Fish . . .
Caroussel
Jurassic Park
Bluto Barges

Lunch? What will be the approximate time?

Am I being too optimistic with how much we will be able to do in the AM? Will not be doing WWOHP on this day.

Thanks once again.

Will this work, Experts for our offsite day at IOA? (Wed 6/8)

Arrive by 8:30
Spiderman
Seuss Trolley
Cat in the Hat
One Fish . . .
Caroussel
Jurassic Park
Bluto Barges

Lunch? What will be the approximate time?

Am I being too optimistic with how much we will be able to do in the AM? Will not be doing WWOHP on this day.

Thanks once again.
I think that would be fine. Depending on when you want to eat, you can break up the order a bit. You might to Suess Landing first and then head over to Spiderman and then to Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges. As for lunch...I would recommend Thunder Falls Terrace which is just past Ripsaw Falls in Jurassic Park. If you didn't want to go that far, you could choose between Blondie's or Comic Strip Cafe which has a wide range of food choices. Eating at an off peak time would probably be better anyway to cut down on the lines.

So do you recommend JP and Bluto before or after lunch? Also what time would we be having lunch approximately?

So do you recommend JP and Bluto before or after lunch? Also what time would we be having lunch approximately?

I'd eat at Thunder Falls Terrace for lunch first. Watch the splashing of the water rides out your window while you're eating. Then when happy and full, go do the water rides. It's uncomfortable to eat when you're sitting wet in a restaurant, and the air condition may make it more cooler for you.

Whether I'm at Disney or the parks, I now make it a point to eat lunch around 11:00 to get the best seating, less waiting in lines.

I'd eat at Thunder Falls Terrace for lunch first. Watch the splashing of the water rides out your window while you're eating. Then when happy and full, go do the water rides. It's uncomfortable to eat when you're sitting wet in a restaurant, and the air condition may make it more cooler for you.

Whether I'm at Disney or the parks, I now make it a point to eat lunch around 11:00 to get the best seating, less waiting in lines.
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter