Onsite or Offsite

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by smfritz03, May 2, 2005.

1. smfritz03

smfritz03 Just when I thought Vacation Planning was figuring

We are traveling w/ friends this summer to Disney. We are planning on staying for a few days--they are only going to Disney for one day. Should they stay onsite or offsite? They plan on doing other things after Disney in the Orlando area-so I wasnt sure which would be better option for them. What will they be limited too if they stay offsite? On day 2 of our trip--would they be able to do anything Disney related w/ us w/out passes? (Ive heard of a park w/ a horse carriage,etc--would they be able to go to it?)

Thanks! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :cool1:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyDotty

DisneyDotty Oops, no more!

Oh my-Disney for only one day?! :crazy: I'd definitely stay onsite, then, to make the most of my time. If you're going to the Magic Kingdom for the one day together, you might even want to suggest a monorail resort so you're very close.
    Have fun! :flower:

4. Kimberle

Kimberle WL Vet

It's really personal preference. We usually do a "WDW" trip where we stay on site and do nothing but Disney, or a non-WDW trip. We stay off site and do other things, with maybe only a day at MK.

There are so many wonderful resorts off-site that your friends could get for the same or less money than a WDW resort. I've been dying to try the Hyatt that was featured on Great Hotels.

Yes, there are lots of non-park things to do. Visit other Disney resorts, the Boardwalk, ride the Monorail & ferries, visit FW (little petting zoo, bonfire, etc), rent water mice or other boats, parasail, DTD, just hang out by the pool for a day, see a dinner show, etc.

5. wkrider

wkrider DVC home: Wilderness Lodge Villas

On ! On ! On !