Onsite hotel through Orbitz - how does it work?

valerie160

Mouseketeer
We are going to the world May 21- June 2. I've already book POR and CBR (split stay) through disney with their current discount. I received a discount code from Orbitz today that gives an extra 15% off. When I ran the numbers, switching to a value can save us over $1000.

So, it makes sense to use Orbitz, but if I do, do you get a confirmation number that allows you to add it to your MDE so you have disney benefits like Magical Express etc. How do you add your family members on the MDE site, etc?

Thanks!

Last edited:
It's my understanding, however, that you need to either phone Orbitz or Disney to obtain the confirmation number you need for MDE. Can anyone confirm this? The Orbitz confirmation number will be in your confirmation email you get from them, which won't work in MDE.

The hotel confirmation that you receive in your email from Orbitz will work in MDE. I have done it twice within the last couple months. There is also an Orbitz Booking Number, but that is not what you want for MDE.

I can't answer the questions about adding Magical Express because we don't use it as we drive nor can I answer about other family members because we are just 2 adults.

Last edited:
The hotel confirmation that you receive in your email from Orbitz will work in MDE. I have done it twice within the last couple months. There is also an Orbitz Booking Number, but that is not what you want for MDE.

Good to know, I wonder if maybe I'm thinking of other third parties that sell WDW rooms then. Thanks for clarifying.

You get a short "hotel confirmation number" in addition to the orbitz confirmation #. That plus the last name on the reservation is all you need to link in MDE :)

Orbitz didn't email my confirm # with my confirmation. It took a quick phone call and was very easy. So if you don't get it, don't worry. It was easy to get. :)

As PP's have said, you'll get a short 6 digit confirmation number that is the Number you'll enter into MDE. You can them either call or use the DME's website to add Magical Express info.

Also, make sure that you don't include your kids when you make your reservation. Orbitz automatically charges extra for over 2 people in a room. After you make your reservation, either call or do online chat with Orbitz, and ask the, to add your children (if you have some to add). They'll call Disney while you wait, and then add them.

Last thing, make sure that you go in and change your address in MDE for your MB shipping. It will default to Orbitz' address when you make the reservation.

We are going to the world May 21- June 2. I've already book POR and CBR (split stay) through disney with their current discount. I received a discount code from Orbitz today that gives an extra 15% off. When I ran the numbers, switching to a value can save us over $1000.

So, it makes sense to use Orbitz, but if I do, do you get a confirmation number that allows you to add it to your MDE so you have disney benefits like Magical Express etc. How do you add your family members on the MDE site, etc?

Thanks!
We've used Orbitz twice now and everything is the same as if you were booking with Disney except that you can't make any changes to your reservation, like change dates or resorts or categories. We've used Orbitz when their discount is more than the Disney discount and it has worked out just fine.

Is it possible to book an AOA Little Mermaid room on Orbitz?
All I see is the family suites...am I missing something?

We booked an LM room through Orbitz on our stay last year and the Orbitz discount applied. Maybe things have changed or there is no availability of LM rooms on your date? Try looking at availability on the WDW website, and if that site shows LM rooms available but Orbitz does not, then maybe Orbitz is no longer getting the LM rooms in their inventory.

It's my understanding, however, that you need to either phone Orbitz or Disney to obtain the confirmation number you need for MDE. Can anyone confirm this? The Orbitz confirmation number will be in your confirmation email you get from them, which won't work in MDE.

Orbitz didn't email my confirm # with my confirmation. It took a quick phone call and was very easy. So if you don't get it, don't worry. It was easy to get. :)
So you didn't get the 6 alpha numeric number on your confirmation page from Orbitz? That's a first. I don't even wait till I get the email, it shows up on the confirmation page as soon as the Resort is booked. It's in the email too. It looks like this. (example) Y49L29 and is called the Hotel confirmation number. That number does indeed work in MDE

The Orbitz booking number, which starts with PBORB, doesn't

Is it possible to book an AOA Little Mermaid room on Orbitz?
All I see is the family suites...am I missing something?
They can have them but if there are none left they won't. Disney gives Orbitz blocks of rooms to sell. Sometimes that means Orbitz has rooms left that Disney won't and sometimes it means Disney will have rooms but Orbtiz won't. They don't both sell the same blocks of rooms. If that makes sense.

Did you get this figured out? I didn't get a number that works in MDE either...so I'm going to do online chat in the morning to get it and add DH and two DS's. :)

Did you get this figured out? I didn't get a number that works in MDE either...so I'm going to do online chat in the morning to get it and add DH and two DS's. :)
So you didn't get the 6 digit Alphanumeric code in the email confirmation? I booked a room on Saturday night and got mine and got it linked immediately.
Oddly, I did it on the App and it pulled up the reservation info but when I tried to finish the link it gave an error so I went to the website and the reservation was linked.

So you didn't get the 6 digit Alphanumeric code in the email confirmation? I booked a room on Saturday night and got mine and got it linked immediately.
Oddly, I did it on the App and it pulled up the reservation info but when I tried to finish the link it gave an error so I went to the website and the reservation was linked.
I didn't, but called this morning and got it fixed. Apparently a system changed and they can no longer access the Disney reservation through chat, so I called, and they added my kids and I got the 12 digit Disney number, which worked in MDE and it's all linked up :)

I didn't, but called this morning and got it fixed. Apparently a system changed and they can no longer access the Disney reservation through chat, so I called, and they added my kids and I got the 12 digit Disney number, which worked in MDE and it's all linked up :)
Strange. I guess it changed from Saturday to Sunday. Glad you got it fixed. Pain that it takes a phone call. Luckily on Saturday I was able to do it just off my email.

I have used orbitz 2x and the discounts are great! I found a number for the magical express bus and called them directly to set up a reservation. I was also able to get a long number starting with a 4 that I guess Disney uses to access your reservation with orbitz. I got that number through a rep on online chat. You really don't need that number though.
If you want to add room requests you have to call orbitz directly and ask for them to call their Disney reps. I had to call back 3x to get someone who understood how to do it but it can be done. Disney unfortunately cannot touch the reservation made through orbitz when you call the Disney phone lines. But everything else is exactly the same once you get it linked in your MDE.

Not to hijack a thread or anything.....but...I have a similar question...

My parents have DVC, and I am looking to add on a night to our reservation at a different hotel than what they already have booked (OKW). I want to treat them and go for club level at Yacht Club. I have never used it before, but Orbitz has a great discount, even over FL resident, or passholder for the date I want. I also tried the trick of only listing 2 adults for now and the price dropped even further on the Orbitz website. So if I say 2 adults for now, how much of a hassle is it to add the other 2 adults once the reservation is made? And do I do that through Orbitz or MDE once the reservation is linked?

I would be listed as the main adult, as I am the one making the reservation, then there is my mom, dad, and brother who is also an adult.

Thanks!

Not to hijack a thread or anything.....but...I have a similar question...

My parents have DVC, and I am looking to add on a night to our reservation at a different hotel than what they already have booked (OKW). I want to treat them and go for club level at Yacht Club. I have never used it before, but Orbitz has a great discount, even over FL resident, or passholder for the date I want. I also tried the trick of only listing 2 adults for now and the price dropped even further on the Orbitz website. So if I say 2 adults for now, how much of a hassle is it to add the other 2 adults once the reservation is made? And do I do that through Orbitz or MDE once the reservation is linked?

I would be listed as the main adult, as I am the one making the reservation, then there is my mom, dad, and brother who is also an adult.

Thanks!

If you're booking a non DVC room you're going to be charged for the extra adults anyway. The 2 adult trick is for those with children, because Orbitz charges for kids when they shouldn't. They *should* charge for extra adults, though, in a normal room so there's no point in keeping the others off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter