Onsite Hotel Only vs. Onsite Package - Perks

WDW-PRINCESS

Mouseketeer
Can someone confirm -
Regardless of if you do the WWoHP Package vs. booking just an onsite hotel (and buying tickets separately), you will get FOTL access AND early admission to the WWoHP?

(For some reason I thought you had to buy the package to get early admission...but it seems you get this with the hotel only?)

Seems the only items you miss out on if you go with the hotel only (vs. package) are the city walk passes and the 3 broomsticks breakfast?

I would appreciate clarification.

I would also assume if you book hotel and buy tics separate then you will have two cards to show - room key for FOTL and the actual ticket to enter the park?

Finally, for non-package holders what is the scoop on eating at the 3 broomsticks? is breakfast only for package holders? what about L or D - are there ressies or do you wait in a queue for a table? Are there better times to go to avoid a wait for L or D?

Many thanks!

Can someone confirm -
Regardless of if you do the WWoHP Package vs. booking just an onsite hotel (and buying tickets separately), you will get FOTL access AND early admission to the WWoHP?

(For some reason I thought you had to buy the package to get early admission...but it seems you get this with the hotel only?)

Seems the only items you miss out on if you go with the hotel only (vs. package) are the city walk passes and the 3 broomsticks breakfast?

I would appreciate clarification.

I would also assume if you book hotel and buy tics separate then you will have two cards to show - room key for FOTL and the actual ticket to enter the park?

Finally, for non-package holders what is the scoop on eating at the 3 broomsticks? is breakfast only for package holders? what about L or D - are there ressies or do you wait in a queue for a table? Are there better times to go to avoid a wait for L or D?

Many thanks!

all hotel guests receive the perk of unlimited usage of express lines for rides and shows in the park.

all hotel guests receive the perk of early entry to IOA.
guests that book the character breakfast at Cafe LaBamba (starting in later June) also receive early entry for the studios.
rides not open but the character breakfast will have hours prior to park opening.

doesn't matter if you book room only or a package, the hotel perks are for all registered guests in the hotel.

if you do not have a UO package, you can still do the breakfast at the 3B's.
if room is available there, you can go on the list as a walk in.

(tm that checks guests reservations for breakfast can also make a ressie for walk ups)

Lunch and Dinner at the 3 B's is open to any park guest.
if you eat at off times, the wait is minimal.

the hotel key you have is what you show to use the express lines.
TM's need to see that card.

tickets are separate from the hotel key.
Universal does not own the hotels only the parks.

park tickets/passes are not included on the room key.

rumors of this changing in the future have surfaced but don't count on that happening soon.

the only thing that might happen in the very near future is the way hotel guests will use the express lines.

a picture card for park guests is in the works.
when that starts, you will show your hotel picture id to use the express lines.

kiosks will be at the park and in the hotels for this to be processed.

it has been announced earlier this year it was to start end of april.
the new card id program has been delayed.
the start up of this is still unknowned

if you do not purchase a package, you need to purchase park tickets.
you can buy tickets directly from the UO website, at the park, at costco, AAA office, UT, etc.

there are various places that sell UO park tickets.

if you purchase a hotel package, you would receive park tickets.

pssssss
it's cheaper to pay for everything separately.
book room
buy tickets

thank you for the quick reply! appreciate it!

Yes, it seems w/o the package we save about $140 a person - that's $ in my pocket - or at least for souvenirs ;)

We booked through Lowes site and got a AAA discount, 10% both days, I think, and we bought our tickets through the Universal site and saved $40 (paid for a couple of our lunches).
The hotels also have a ticket kiosk and you can pick-up your tickets there. Very easy!

all hotel guests receive the perk of unlimited usage of express lines for rides and shows in the park.

all hotel guests receive the perk of early entry to IOA.
guests that book the character breakfast at Cafe LaBamba (starting in later June) also receive early entry for the studios.
rides not open but the character breakfast will have hours prior to park opening.

doesn't matter if you book room only or a package, the hotel perks are for all registered guests in the hotel.

if you do not have a UO package, you can still do the breakfast at the 3B's.
if room is available there, you can go on the list as a walk in.

(tm that checks guests reservations for breakfast can also make a ressie for walk ups)

Lunch and Dinner at the 3 B's is open to any park guest.
if you eat at off times, the wait is minimal.

the hotel key you have is what you show to use the express lines.
TM's need to see that card.

tickets are separate from the hotel key.
Universal does not own the hotels only the parks.

park tickets/passes are not included on the room key.

rumors of this changing in the future have surfaced but don't count on that happening soon.

the only thing that might happen in the very near future is the way hotel guests will use the express lines.

a picture card for park guests is in the works.
when that starts, you will show your hotel picture id to use the express lines.

kiosks will be at the park and in the hotels for this to be processed.

it has been announced earlier this year it was to start end of april.
the new card id program has been delayed.
the start up of this is still unknowned

Hi,

I'm a little confused. When I asked this question, this is the response I got from Universal:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Universal's Online Store. Please see below:

1.) If I book park tickets and hotel separately, do I still get the same perks (i.e. early entry, unlimited express pass, etc.)?

Early Admission is a feature specific to vacation packages booked via Universal Orlando. In regards to Express access, this feature is offered to all onsite hotel guests.

So, they're saying that I have to buy a package in order to get early admission right??

Hi,

I'm a little confused. When I asked this question, this is the response I got from Universal:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Universal's Online Store. Please see below:

1.) If I book park tickets and hotel separately, do I still get the same perks (i.e. early entry, unlimited express pass, etc.)?

Early Admission is a feature specific to vacation packages booked via Universal Orlando. In regards to Express access, this feature is offered to all onsite hotel guests.

So, they're saying that I have to buy a package in order to get early admission right??

universal has packages for off site partner hotels.
those hotels are listed on the website with prices involved.
the offsite hotels have different prices per hotel which is written up into a package.

if you are booking an off site partner hotel, yes, those specific packages allow for early entry to IOA.
they do not include usage of the express lines for rides and shows.

only onsite hotel guests are allowed that perk of unlimited, free express usage.

if you stay onsite at universal, you are allowed early entry and unlimited use of the express lines in the parks.

after reading your new question, it maybe that you want to book a partner hotel package.
thus the reason for my response above.

if you doubt what information i have posted is correct, you can call any of the 3 onsite hotels and inquire about the perks that are afforded to their guests.

hope this helps.

universal has packages for off site partner hotels.
those hotels are listed on the website with prices involved.
the offsite hotels have different prices per hotel which is written up into a package.

if you are booking an off site partner hotel, yes, those specific packages allow for early entry to IOA.
they do not include usage of the express lines for rides and shows.

only onsite hotel guests are allowed that perk of unlimited, free express usage.

if you stay onsite at universal, you are allowed early entry and unlimited use of the express lines in the parks.

after reading your new question, it maybe that you want to book a partner hotel package.
thus the reason for my response above.

if you doubt what information i have posted is correct, you can call any of the 3 onsite hotels and inquire about the perks that are afforded to their guests.

hope this helps.

Boo! I wish I would have listened to what I read on here instead of e-mailing Universal. I am staying onsite (RPR), and could have saved an extra $100 buying tickets from UT, but when I read their response it sounded like I had to book a vacation package through them to get the early entry (I knew I was getting the unlimited express pass regardless). They didn't specify anything about onsite or partner hotels. So, I booked hotel and tickets together instead. Guess I misunderstood or they didn't state things clearly enough. Oh well, I'll know for next time! Thanks :)

room only reservation can be canceled 6 days out and not incur any penalties.

if you are far out from your reservation date, call and cancel it and rebook it for room only.
the TM you speak with can handle that.

i don't remember how many days out a person can cancel their package without fees involved.

Boo! I wish I would have listened to what I read on here instead of e-mailing Universal. I am staying onsite (RPR), and could have saved an extra $100 buying tickets from UT, but when I read their response it sounded like I had to book a vacation package through them to get the early entry (I knew I was getting the unlimited express pass regardless). They didn't specify anything about onsite or partner hotels. So, I booked hotel and tickets together instead. Guess I misunderstood or they didn't state things clearly enough. Oh well, I'll know for next time! Thanks :)

Just looked at the terms and conditions for packages and got the cancellation info:

Cancellation Fee for Bookings:
DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL - PENALTIES

46 days or more - Full refund*

45-0 days - $200 fee per reservation, plus fees imposed by hotel, airline and/or other components

I don't know how soon your trip is, but maybe that info will be helpful.

(I have to say, the response from that Universal person was less than helpful... It's really rotten that you got that response.)

If I was you, I would contact them again and tell them you were given false information and want to cancel your reservation without penalty. Then go ahead and book things separately.

Thanks for the info you 2!! It's greatly appreciated! I thought the response was pretty misleading too. I'm going to check into it! Thanks again for the quick replies! :-)

you might be able to cancel without penalty.
(then rebook room only)

make that call!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter