Onsite (CR) or offsite (Waldorf)

biggroofy

DIS Veteran
Will be in Orlando during Christmas week (after a Disney cruise), traveling with DW, DD9 and DD5. Struggling whether if we should spend a few days in WDW - I know it will be packed, extremely long queue.....BUT it should have some special Christmas decor, new Fantasyland in MK, etc.

We usually stay at GF, but it is too expensive this time! Thinking if we can do CR instead, I heard Garden Wing is slightly cheaper. Or shall we stay offsite at Hilton or Waldorf, assuming we do not purchase dining plans this time.

Any suggestions.

I'd never miss an opportunity to visit Disney at Christmas! The crowds really aren't bad enough that it should deter you. I also always recommend people stay on site. You just CAN'T be the convenience. GF is the most expensive deluxe, and it is by far more costly than other deluxe ones like the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge. They are amazing at Christmas and (I think) are the same price, if not less, than the garden wing. Although if you're only visiting the Magic Kingdom, the CR and WL are much more convenient than the AKL. Good luck, and I'm very jealous :)

I would definitely consider the AKL or Wilderness Lodge -- both look beautiful in the winter!

I agree, we have not stayed offsite in a long time. If it were offsite or nothing, that'd be different.

Though I'd like to try out the Waldorf sometime, in your case I'd definitely choose CR. With those huge Christmas crowds, it will be absolutely invaluable to be able to walk back to your room from MK.

I've never gone at Christmas, but I love WL, and saw pics of their Christmas decorations and it looks amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter