• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Only three more days til the Worst Film Ever Made Opens!!!!!

I thought this was going to be for Valkyrie! :scared1:

I am looking forward to seeing Valkyrie. DS#3 just finished reading the book, "The Men Who Tried to Kill Hitler". He left it home and I might read it. He said it was a very exciting book, and it was true. Valkyrie may indeed be a good movie.

No, they already made Dungeons and Dragons. If a movie gets worse than that (finally saw a quote by Jeremy Irons confirming what I thought...he only did it for the paycheck) I think the world might stop rotating.

I have a degree in History and focus on WWII. I can't get past Cruise playing Von Stauffenberg. About a foot difference in height (Cruise the shorter one) as well as from the trailers it looks like Cruise has both hands when Von Staufenberg lost his right hand and 2 fingers on his left at the same time he lost his left eye! If they can't get that correct (which admittedly doesn't really affect a movie), then I get concerned about how the rest of it is treated.

If I watch this, I'll probably spend too much time picking out other inconsistencies with uniforms/equipment/etc... anyway! :rotfl2:

Cruise mentioned when he was on Letterman last week that he does at least lose the aforementioned fingers.

And as to the height thing,... I absolutely adore Walk the Line, particularly Joaquin Phoenix's deft portrayal of the great Johnny Cash. But the fact is, Cash was quite tall and lanky, whereas Phoenix is of more average height and a bit stockier than was Cash. And it had absolutely no bearing on my enjoyment of the movie whatever.

(See? I told you I was a Tom Cruise apologist.)

Why doesn't TC speak with an accent? It's like Costner in Robin Hood!

Probably because he simply can't. To his (and director Bryan Singer's) credit, unlike Costner, he's not even trying.

But, really, I love (for instance) HBO's Rome, and I don't think too many ancient Romans spoke with British accents.

I think it looks awful. Just like "Sin City" which I hated and was one of the few movies I left early.

Really enjoyed Sin City and 300 wasn't bad...and I'm definitely gonna check this flick out. As far as I'm concerned, anything with Eva Mendez is worth watching...:lovestruc

What's with the hating on Sin City? There are PLENTY worse movies than that. I thought visually that movie was stunning.

What's with the hating on Sin City? There are PLENTY worse movies than that. I thought visually that movie was stunning.

Sin City's not too bad a movie, really. Aside from casting that talentless lunkhead, Josh Hartnett, and that beautiful, equally talentless airhead, Jessica Alba (as a stripper who doesn't actually, you know, strip), it's actually pretty good. Especially good is Mickey Rourke as Marv. He made the movie (and I can hardly wait to see The Wrestler).

The Happening still tops my list, just slightly better than say "the Thin Red Line".

It doesn't look that bad, but are there any comic book heroes left to make into a movie.
What left Rocket Racoon?

Sin City's not too bad a movie, really. Aside from casting that talentless lunkhead, Josh Hartnett, and that beautiful, equally talentless airhead, Jessica Alba (as a stripper who doesn't actually, you know, strip), it's actually pretty good. Especially good is Mickey Rourke as Marv. He made the movie (and I can hardly wait to see The Wrestler).

How dare you talk about my Jessica like that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter