Only one more day to go - trip report now complete

Wonderful TR and photography! Makes me excited for my trip next week. Now to decide what lenses to bring!!!

Had one of those Cherry Turnovers for the first time last week, and boy are they good.

Wish i'd taken a picture of the mess my DH made with his - all over his face, the table. But he did enjoy it.

2008WDWtemp-17.jpg

Thanks guys! I really appreciate all the comments.

cajunrose - bring all your lenses! :thumbsup2 I love having a choice of lenses.
tripodjw - those turnovers are amazing, eh? Yummmm!

The day at Studios is about finished now... here's a few from there. On this day, I started experimenting more with holding the camera at unusual angles... composition is still a weak point for me IMHO so I'm trying different things. I also have the tendency to leave way too much headroom in the top of the photo, and I think I took too many photos from eye-level rather than getting low (especially with the fisheye). More things to try to improve next time...

2008WDW-382.jpg

2008WDW-388.jpg

2008WDW-390.jpg

2008WDW-393.jpg

2008WDW-398.jpg

2008WDW-409.jpg

2008WDW-434.jpg

This one doesn't need high resolution - I just thought it was funny seeing the sneakers showing under the pylons in the Block Party Bash. :lmao:

2008WDW-436.jpg

Even Sully looks worn out by the end of the parade!

2008WDW-439.jpg

2008WDW-451.jpg

2008WDW-458.jpg

2008WDW-464.jpg

Here's that fisheye shot from the back of Fantasmic before the show that was discussed before the trip... it didn't turn out all that exciting, I think maybe a little different angle would have helped.

2008WDW-470.jpg

Unfortunately, for some stupid reason, I accidentally left the camera in center-weighted instead of spot metering, so most of my Fantasmic shots turned out overexposed. :( On a technical level, this one's not particularly good but I don't think I've seen the shot before...

2008WDW-474.jpg

Well, that's probably plenty again for one post. As always, I hope you enjoy!

Groucho, these photos are great as always!!! :thumbsup2 I hope ours turns out as good on our trip in October!!!

Nice photos Groucho! I really like the one with the lighthouse/pier. Is that the BC/BW area or okw? I don't know the resort areas of WDW that well...I also really like the Illuminatons shot (the one where the Globe is open w/ the fireworks shooting out). Really nice!

Thanks! The lighthouse is at Beach Club, that's the Boardwalk in the background behind it. I haven't been to OKW yet so no photos from there - but probably will one of these days. :) I think they have a lighthouse too... but I'm not sure.

It's been a while since I added anything to this thread, been too busy to get much further in processing photos, but I have made a little bit more progress. Here's a few more...

2008WDW-512.jpg

2008WDW-501.jpg

2008WDW-519.jpg

2008WDW-526.jpg

2008WDW-537.jpg

2008WDW-538.jpg

2008WDW-549.jpg

It's been a while since I've updated this... I'm almost done processing the photos now (half-way through the last day), after that I'll finally get the tripod strap photos processed and uploaded. :)

Here's a few more shots...

2008WDW-575.jpg

2008WDW-578.jpg

2008WDW-606.jpg

2008WDW-609.jpg

2008WDW-617.jpg

2008WDW-621.jpg

2008WDW-626.jpg

2008WDW-644.jpg

Great shots....like the Country Bears shot--those are hard to get....my fav is the Casey's Corner shot....

One quick question...where is the last one from? Don't recognize the man...

At some point in the last 8 hours or so, my web host started having problems (both my sites are not serving the content they're supposed to)... I've submitted a trouble ticket, but I assume I'm not the only one affected on the server I'm on, so hopefully they're already working on it and they'll be back online soon. Argh!

Generally, the host has been very good but their php5 migration had a couple hiccups that affected me and now the site's been down for a little while...

That's a shame hope it's up and running again very soon looking forward to seeing your photos :-)

It seems to be working now (kind of a hard-to-explain problem - but the fix from the last problem was a workaround, it looks like they tried to fix things properly but overlooked a setting in my gallery)... are the pics loading now for everyone?

Sorry about the down time... :(

Great shots....like the Country Bears shot--those are hard to get....my fav is the Casey's Corner shot....

One quick question...where is the last one from? Don't recognize the man...
Thanks! That guy is from the pretty new glass-blowing area on Main Street, in the back of the jewelry store IIRC.

Well, I've finished processing all the photos finally... now to move on to everything else that needs doing. :)

Here's a few more since we're on a new page now!

From our BCV room, near the end of Illuminations - this one was handheld, we arrived in our room as the show was almost over and I didn't have time to set up the tripod:
2008WDW-661.jpg

We headed to Epcot the next day and I found this guy as we went to grab a map:
2008WDW-664.jpg

Gotta love the tick tock croc!
2008WDW-669.jpg

This one was a compromise between getting the flowers brighter and keeping some detail in the sky...
2008WDW-675.jpg

I did lots of odd Spaceship Earth shots.
2008WDW-679.jpg

2008WDW-683.jpg

2008WDW-688.jpg

It took a little hunting but I finally found the 25th anniversary displays.
2008WDW-702.jpg

2008WDW-703.jpg

2008WDW-705.jpg

I loved Horizons!
2008WDW-706.jpg

Some World Showcase stuff.
2008WDW-708.jpg

2008WDW-713.jpg

2008WDW-723.jpg

2008WDW-724.jpg

That's enough for one post. Hopefully the pictures are actually showing now. ;) (Make sure to go back and check the last page, too, if they were broken for you earlier.)

See, now this is what KILLS me...

I was just talking about this on another thread.

You can take a 100 trips to Disney World, and you can take 1,000 pictures, and each picture and each trip can be 100% different.

Those are great pictures, and some like the close up the band and the Epcot 25th Ann. marker are ones I've personally never seen.

It is just amazing to me how you can go and go and go and still not have all the pictures!

Just love it! Makes me hungry to get down there again. You know?

Great they're back up. Some brilliant photos in there. Love the one of Spaceship Earth, was it taken with the fisheye?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter