• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

only have 1 day to spend there

jedspad

Mouseketeer
We are stopping in California on our way to Aulani but will only have 1 day to spend at Disneyland/California Adventure. We have never been there before. So are we better to just do one park or park hopper and see both??? We have been to Disney World numerous times. We are planning on doing dinner at Downtown Disney in the evening and then the park/parks the next day and fly to Aulani the next day. Open to suggestions.

Park hop and see both. Indiana Jones in DL and Carsland in CA are both total musts you can't see in the Florida parks. Also worth seeing at the Disneyland resort - Pirates (so much better than FL), Space Mountian, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Alice in Wonderland, (newly refurbed) Big Thunder Mountian, Enjoy a Dole Whip IN the Original Tiki Room. At California Adventure don't miss California Screamin', World of Color show if you can stay late enough, everything in Carsland, the Aladdin show and Soarin' over California is always great.

Disneyland and California Adventure have their own kind of magic. Enjoy!

I think it depends on what the date/day of the week is. If it's a weekend or busier time, then I'd probably just stick to one park.

Having done a single day fairly recently I'd definitely recommend hopping. It may be that one park is super-crowded and you'll waste most of your day waiting. In our case, DL was a mob-scene by lunchtime but we did get quite a few things done in DCA during the afternoon then were able to return to DL for the evening.

Remember there are more attractions at DL and DCA than ALL of WDW four parks combined.

If you have never been to DLand and don't know your way around I would only buy tickets to Disneyland. Don't skip rides just because they are the same in WDW because they are not the same and in most cases much better. If you are a true Disney fan you will want to see the difference.

We have done DL and DCA quick tour in one day with friends before. BUT this was PRE Carsland... it was off season, a bit drizzly and we ran around and about wore our guests out!

I would just enjoy Disneyland this trip and come back to do a full 3 days at DCA and DL another time.

I'd do a park hopper as well. I'd honestly start at DCA to do Carsland and such around there first thing in the morning, then head over to DL in the afternoon-evening.

Are you staying onsite? You might get to take advantage of the extra hour in the morning if you are.

We are staying on sight at the DVC villas. It will be a Tuesday when we are there. Any suggestions on good places to eat???

We are staying on sight at the DVC villas. It will be a Tuesday when we are there. Any suggestions on good places to eat???

Blue Bayou and you can watch the Pirates' boats float by.

We also like the restaurants in GCH.

And, I agree with everyone else. Get Park hoppers and hop as much as you want!

another vote for park hoppers. it is nice to have the flexibility as mentioned by pp. use fast passes and single rider (must be over 7). Be there at rope drop and you should be able to see and do lots. Eating at Blue Bayou is great (normally), but if you are trying to maximize your time, that would be a big time-eater. There are lots of good CS in each park....check out other threads.

Park hop! It's not 2 minutes between parks including getting through turnstiles. Especially since you've done WDW and already know some of the DL attractions. I recommend some pre-planning so you have an idea of what you want to hit up. Definitely start as early as possible in the morning (crowds are at their lowest). And I second Blue Bayou! It makes for a great break and is such a unique dining experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter