Only gone and done it !!!

Mrs Dazzle

<font color=009900>Florida-mad (well, mad full sto
After our little windfall this week, I've taken the plunge and booked 2 nights at AKL - Savannah view room, no less:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Can you tell I'm excited :) :cool: :) :cool: :) :cool:

We got such a good quote from Dreamsunlimited, that for the windfall we could stay 2 nights, with money leftover for a slap up meal.

And with the reintroduction of EE . . . just couldn't resist it. SO many hotels we're staying at now, but we're just going to pack an overnight (3 nighter!) bag for our 2 days at AKL and one at HRH, then back to the Sheraton for our last night in Orlando.

I know we'll all manage to cope with a little bit of unpacking for the pure bliss of staying on-site, even if only for 2 nights. We are at MNSSHP the second night, so will be able to relax during the day (planned itinerary shows a water park for some of the day) and then back to AKL for a nice relaxing time nosing around until 7pm for Mickey.:D :D :D Even DH is looking keen now;)

Woooooooooooohooooooooooooo Annie :) :) :) !!!!!! Fantastic :) !

Good to hear Mr D is happy about it too ;) !

Great news - you are going to love it.

You need two nights, because there are 2 fab resturants there and it would be hard to choose just one:D

Well done, Annie - I certainly think you made the right decision both in terms of resort and number of nights. I know you'll love it.

Wow, that's improved your holiday even more!! I'm sure you will have a GREAT time!

AKL is really beautiful, and the Savannah rooms are great.

Not long to go now!!

That's Brilliant Annie! :D

I'm sure you will enjoy AKL and staying on-site, thought I haven't seen that Resort yet, I've heard lots of good things about it!

Have Fun! :D

Excellent news my friend :) :)

I'm thrilled for you, you'll all love it I'm sure - don't forget to book up Boma's for a fab meal!

Astrid x

You gotta love those rates haven't you - excellent Annie you'll be able to tell me all about it before I go.

Hi Annie,

I forgot to say - make sure you take The AKL 'Sunshine Safari' it is $50.00 per person but is really very personal and a great experience, we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Originally posted by richard3330
[B I forgot to say - make sure you take The AKL 'Sunshine Safari' it is $50.00 per person but is really very personal and a great experience, we thoroughly enjoyed it. [/B]
Ooooh, Richard. Don't know about this one please explain:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

The Sunshine Safari Adventure is available on Tuesdays and Saturdays with a limit of 28 persons. The group leaves AKL at 6:30am and you are transported to the Animal Kingdom's Kilimanjaro Safari area.

The tour, along the safari ride path, lasts about 45 minutes and includes multiple stops so that you can stand up and take many pictures. Each of the animals along the way is described in great detail, since there is plenty of time.

After the Safari, you can go to Tusker House for a breakfast buffet which includes both standard American and African items (included in cost). Each person also gets a FastPass to Kilimanjaro Safari to experience it "the regular way".

We had to pay $50 per person, but the website is saying it costs $29.95 per person?? So I would check.

Reservations for this can made by calling AKL direct up to 90 days in advance. This package is only available to AKL hotel resort Guests. We booked it about 2 weeks ahead with no problems.

If you have any other questions please ask. We found this tour extremely interesting and very personal indeed.

I think you will also like to know tha AKL has the largest amount of African Wine in the U.S.A!

Richard.

Thanks for your comments, guys:D

And Richard - thanks for Sunshine Safari - sounds very inviting. Now, all I've got to do is just tweak the old itinerary a bit and . . . . well, you know what I mean, if I can fit it all in I will;) :D :D :D

I'm pretty sure the Sunshine Safari is only for Concierge guests.

from WDWIG
What is the Sunrise Safari?

Sunrise Safari Breakfast Adventure is available to concierge guests only. The Adventure is available on Tuesdays and Saturdays with a limit of 28 persons. The group leaves DAKL at 6:30am and you are transported to the Animal Kingdom's Kilimanjaro Safari area.

The tour, along the safari ride path, lasts about 45 minutes and includes multiple stops so that you can stand up and take many pictures. Each of the animals along the way is described in great detail, since there is plenty of time.

After the Safari, you can go to Tusker House for a breakfast buffet which includes both standard American and African items. Each person also gets a FastPass to Kilimanjaro Safari to experience it "the regular way".

Transportation back to the Resort is *on their own*. The price is $39.95. (increased from the opening price of $19.95.) It can be booked up to 90 days out, by contacting DAKLodge concierge directly.

Bev:
We stayed in AKL back in 2001 and were not staying in concierge - Just a standard Savannah view room. The Sunshine Safari rule unfortunately must of been changed since then.

Sorry for the misleading Information, Annie, but I know that we definitely weren't in Concierge last year, but still could book the safari.

Woo hoo!

Great choice - I'm sure you'll love it! :Pinkbounc

Richard,

When in 2001 did you stay? We were there in July and it was advertised as being Concierge only then. We couldn't take the Sunrise Safari because our trip didn't include a Tuesday or Saturday morning. Maybe they open up the offer if it isn't fully subscribed - ?

We were there in April, Debbie.

We took the safari on a Tuesday and there was only 5 or 6 other people with us. I expect that is the case Debbie, It must be opened up to all guests if it isn't fully booked by just concierge guests.

Richard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter