• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Only 5 HOURS???!!!

Jumpin'Jellyfish

Mouseketeer
Hey everybody!

So we are down to the wire and I contacted Ana at Beaute Speciale (I've had her booked now for a while) and just confirmed everything. We are starting the appointment at 9:30 and we have to be done by 2:30!!! Is this normal????? Thats only 5 HOURS!!! I have 5 hairs and 4 makeups!!! How is that even possible? My hair trial down here was an hour an a half in itself! WITHOUT MAKEUP! Then her assistant said that I'm in good hands and that Ana will determine if there will be more than one person coming to do it!!! How can 1 person do it??? When will they let me know????? Does anyone know????

Thanks!!!

I don't wanna be late for my own wedding! :worried:

I used Anna from makeover magic and we started at 11:30 and were all ready by 2:30. We had me (the bride), four bridesmaids, my mom and one of her friends. We had plenty of time. We even took a little break so we could all eat before she did the make-up. I can't speak for your person, but with Anna we were totally finished in 3 hours.

Well thats good to know! I hope it is the same way for Beaute Speciale!!! When they did yours did they send more than one person????

i'm using ana with beaute speciale as well, my ceremony starts at 10am and they wanted to start at 5 and i was like NO WAY...there was no way i could have df get up that early, he'd KILL me...we have 4 hairs and make up to do as well...i'm hoping they bring another person! they told me that the bride takes 1.5 hours by herself, but that everyone else isn't that long. does anyone in your party have short hair? i plan on sending her headshots of my bridal party to make things easier...

Well thats good to know! I hope it is the same way for Beaute Speciale!!! When they did yours did they send more than one person????

She was there by herself and did a fabulous job on everyone. She did all the hair and then did the make-up. Each girl had a completely different hairstyle - two were short and two were long. Maybe double check with Beatue Speciale on how much time they need. Anna was very quick and really good. I can PM you some pictures if you are interested.

She was there by herself and did a fabulous job on everyone. She did all the hair and then did the make-up. Each girl had a completely different hairstyle - two were short and two were long. Maybe double check with Beatue Speciale on how much time they need. Anna was very quick and really good. I can PM you some pictures if you are interested.

That would be awesome!!

And yes, they all have long hair!!!! And we are all getting airbrushing as well, I don't know how long that takes....

BTW what does the airbrushing feel like? I don't usually wear makeup and don't want it to feel cakey???!!! And does it come off easy?? Will it run down my face?

i've never had airbrushed make up before...i think she sprays something on your face so that sweat doesn't melt it...

Autumnbride2b,
Would you mind sending me a PM of your pictures as well? I'm trying to decide who to book for hair and make up.

Also, I'm going for a December 2008 wedding, when would you ladies suggest I start calling around to book hair and makeup?

TIA!

I think that will be plenty of time. My BFF just got married (not at Disney) and I was MOH. There was the bride, me, and 4 other BMs. There were two make-up/hair ladies who arrived at 12:30 and were gone by 5:00. The bride was the only one who had a hair and make-up trial so for the rest of us they were "winging it." Three BMs and the bride had up-do's (one other BM and I have short hair so they just styled it). Everyone looked wonderful! Five hours will be fine, no worries! Best Wishes on your upcoming wedding!

Autumnbride2b,
Would you mind sending me a PM of your pictures as well? I'm trying to decide who to book for hair and make up.

Also, I'm going for a December 2008 wedding, when would you ladies suggest I start calling around to book hair and makeup?

TIA!

You have a PM

Hmm well I used Lisa Pena- we had 6 hours for 8 heads of hair and 4 faces of makeup. It was only her and an assistant and we were done with more than enough time!

We also used Anna from Makeover Majic. She works soooooo quickly (and everyone looked great!) she had us start at 5:30 AM for pictures at 9:30. We had 2 hairs, 3 makeups, and 2 hair and makeups and we were done with plenty of time to spare!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter