Only 3!!!

MommyApo

Earning My Ears
Hi! My nieces are joining us in DW in September for only 3 days. In these 3 days I am trying to plan the best Disney experience for them, as they have never been and this could be the only time they go. They are 11, 9 and 7 years old and we will be staying at POR. We will be doing a day at MK as well as a night for fireworks and the electrical parade, a day at AK and a day at either Epcot or HS. What three restaurants do you guys think would be the best? Our party will be 11 to 15 people total. I was thinking of Ohana breakfast and Liberty Tree Tavern but have no other ideas.

Where you would guys go?

i have taken nieces also :thumbsup2 and they seemed to love everything. if you have time, they are old enough to enjoy the HOOP DE DOO.
if they will only be there 3 days and have never been to disney, i dont think i would want to waste too much time doing fancy dining when there is so much to see.

studios though - sit down - 50's prime time is always fun ... quick pizza planet too

epcot - quick thru - sunshine seasons sit down Teppan Edo the chef hibachi cooking is a show in itself

mk - quick - cosmic rays sit down - tough one would have sald liberty tree but since there are no characters anymore, i would prob hop on the monorail early (5ish) go to the Poly for dinner then come back to MK

ak- sit down rainforest cafe quick - pizzafari maybe good luck planning :yay:

You should consider the Hoop Dee Doo Review at Fort Wilderness Campground (short boat ride from MK). Great show with good comfort food. Fried Chicken, BBQ Ribs, Mashed potatoes, Corn on the Cob, Baked beans, Strawberry Shortcake. All served tableside AYCTE

They would probably also enjoy either Rainforest Cafe (AK or DTD) or T-Rex both are similar in food. typical chain restaurant fare, but the Volcano at rainforest and the signature dessert at T-Rex (Extinction?) is a lot of fun for the table as is the decor.

Consider a trip over to AKL to dine at BOMA for an African theme buffet. there is also plenty of plain fare for the less adventurous. Plan on taking some time to explore the Resort Lobby and go outside on the savannah to view the animals at night through night-vision goggles.

a great treat would be taking a ride over to the Beach club and go to and go to BEACHES AND CREAM.... i bet 3 girls might be able to finish off a KITCHEN SINK
:confused3

i have taken nieces also :thumbsup2 and they seemed to love everything. if you have time, they are old enough to enjoy the HOOP DE DOO.
if they will only be there 3 days and have never been to disney, i dont think i would want to waste too much time doing fancy dining when there is so much to see.

studios though - sit down - 50's prime time is always fun ... quick pizza planet too

epcot - quick thru - sunshine seasons sit down Teppan Edo the chef hibachi cooking is a show in itself

mk - quick - cosmic rays sit down - tough one would have sald liberty tree but since there are no characters anymore, i would prob hop on the monorail early (5ish) go to the Poly for dinner then come back to MK

ak- sit down rainforest cafe quick - pizzafari maybe good luck planning :yay:

Thank you, I had no idea Liberty Tree did not have characters anymore, its been 7 years since our last trip. Thank you again!

If this is your nieces' first and possibly last time in WDW, I would do Cinderella's Royal Table in MK (for the quintessential WDW princess experience) and Tusker House in AK (for a meal with Mickey and a good one at that!).

In DHS, I would do any TS (except the H&V Disney Jr. meal). All DHS restaurants have their own appeal and you really can't go wrong with any of them. For good food, try Brown Derby. For fun, try Sci-Fi or 50's Prime Time.

In EP, again, you really can't go wrong with any of the restaurants - they all have their own appeal. Biergarten is tons of fun. Atmosphere is wonderful at San Angel Inn. Teppan Edo is fun if you like hibachi. I would choose an EP restaurant based on what you think everyone's food preferences are.

I come at it from a totally different point. My. DD is 12 and loves characters. If I could only only go for three days and it might be the only visit - I would say:
MK - Crystal Palace with Pooh
Epcot - Akerhaus with the princesses
AK - Tusker House with Mickey
HS - we are doing H&V But you might want to consider H&V or Mama Melrose for the fantasmic package.
I wouldn't want to spend too much time sitting and eating but character meals save from having to stay in line to meet characters.

For girls those ages I second the recommendation of character meals.

MK: I'd leave and do Chef Mickey before going back for the evening fireworks. It's one of my kids' favorites.

EPCOT: If they like princesses at all the Askerhous princesses. We go at dinner but I hear breakfast is good if anyone is afraid of the food. If princesses aren't their thing then the Garden Grill (rotates and has Mickey and the gang)

HS: My kids (age 10) both love the Sci-Fi Dine in.

AK: Tusker House breakfast (no characters at lunch and dinner)

My kids also love:
'Ohana (breakfast has Lilo and Stitch) Dinner has some fun stuff for kids too.
Hoop De Doo Revue
Biergarten

For girls those ages I second the recommendation of character meals.

MK: I'd leave and do Chef Mickey before going back for the evening fireworks. It's one of my kids' favorites.

EPCOT: If they like princesses at all the Askerhous princesses. We go at dinner but I hear breakfast is good if anyone is afraid of the food. If princesses aren't their thing then the Garden Grill (rotates and has Mickey and the gang)

HS: My kids (age 10) both love the Sci-Fi Dine in.

AK: Tusker House breakfast (no characters at lunch and dinner)

My kids also love:
'Ohana (breakfast has Lilo and Stitch) Dinner has some fun stuff for kids too.
Hoop De Doo Revue
Biergarten

Great suggestions. Just know, if you are considering it, Tusker House does have characters at breakfast and lunch. No characters at dinner.

My DD also loves Chef Mickey's. It's her one must do every trip. I didn't say that one as I was trying to pick different characters for each meal and we love Crystal Palace as well.

I think Chef Mickey's , Cinderella's Royal Table & Tusker House are all good choices for character interaction. Non character I'd go with Via Napoli, Beaches & Cream & 50's Prime Time. Also Ohana and Cape May Cafe for dinner or character breakfast too!

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest