Only 3 hours in MK... What to do.

mslhb

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the WL in early December. Trip is me, DH and DD (4). On our arrival day I want to head to MK after we check in. By the time we get there we will only have about 3 hours before we need to leave for our reservation at Ohana. Which land would you recommend for a few low key rides. We will have at least another full day at MK so this will be just bonus. The price to add the extra day was really small. Just looking forward to taking the boat over, seeing the castle and then taking the monorail to the Polynesian.

I would stroll down Main Street, watch a parade if the time I right, then head to Adventureland. Grab a Dole Whip (swoon) and hit a few rides there. Classic, low key, rarely any wait. However, that time of year you may actually have time to hit Splash or Thunder Mtn.

Granted, we go a lot more than a lot of folks, but we rarely are at any park more than 3-5 hours at a time.

3 hours is a lot of time if you manage it well.

Just remember that FL will be super busy as most if it will have just opened. You can use that to your advantage if you plan accordingly.

I second the Adventureland suggestion! It seems like that is usually the least crowded land. You could ride POTC a couple of times, Aladdin and the Jungle Cruise, maybe wander around the treehouse.

I would check out the wait times board when you arrive and play it be ear based on what has the least wait. If you are not really picky about doing a certain ride, you will be much more relaxed.

If you're going in the middle of the day, I think Adventureland will be your best bet. Fantasyland might be very crowded by then.

I think the most important thing is going to be to prepare your child for your plan. Walking into the MK is a wonderful, exciting experience for a preschool child and they are going to want to do everything they see first! Problem is, later in the day, you are going to be looking at longer lines, few short return times on FP and a lot of crowds, especially at fantasy land. When we arrive later in the day, we always head to Epcot and save MK for the next am when we start out the day fresh and excited. I would take into consideration your child's likely temperament if it has been a long travel day. A swim in the pool might be a better plan.
If you do go to Epcot, use one of the phone apps to check some line wait times before you head over and pick just a few to try to ride based on the wait times. Maybe try to find Mickey or get some mickey ears or a snack. Just be sure your child understands its a quick, ride a few things trip and you will go back soon....but thats hard to explain to a excited 4 year old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter