Only 1 breakfast choice...help!

athena's mommy

Mouseketeer
My DH and I are not big breakfast eaters. We have never had breakfast at any resort or park on any of our trips. We usually just grab something from the time share. Last year my DH just HAD to stop at the Waffle House...PUKE! This year I have decided that we will try one breakfast on Disney property. Problem is deciding which one. It will just be me and him and baby girl (13 months). We do not care if it is a buffet or menu. We can plan our day around it if it is in a park. I need someplace that will be ok for my daughter. We will probably feed her beforehand, but she tends to want whatever mommy is eating at the time....
I have looked at all the menus on Deb's site, but I can't decide!

So tell me, what is your favorite place for breakfast and why?

You may want to look into Chef Mickey's, which is in the Contemporary resort. This is a character buffet style breakfast, and Mickey and gang come around and visit the tables.

Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom offers a breakfast buffet with Winnie the Pooh characters in attendance.

Since you will have your daughter, maybe the character buffets will be fun for you! The food is not bad at all, and they usually have mickey waffles, eggs, cereal and many other offerings.

Hope this helps!

I forgot to add that if you desire, you may want to try for the breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table in Magic Kingdom. It is very popular, so you would need to call ahead to get reservations, but the princesses are in attendance. This is a regular style breakfast, and not a buffet.

The Kona Cafe at the polynesian is excellent and VERY kid friendly. We've had breakfast there a couple of times. it is ala carte and not a character meal. Park your car in the TTC over near the Polynesian, and it is a three minute walk to the GCH for where the Kona is. Then after breakfast you litereally walk out the door of the restuarant, a few feet and you'll be at the monorail stop.

Anne

Our 2 favorites are Kona- Tonga Toast is very sweet but good, had the fruit plate last time it was great. Nice relaxing breakfast.

Cape May at BC it is a char meal. I feel it is more mellow than other char meals. good food.

Kae

Crystal Palace with a toddler--for sure! Great food and your little one may recognize the characters. Cool atmosphere, too.

My favorite breakfast at Disney is Boma. They have a wonderful fruit drink called frunch, made to order omlettes, great french toast, and a variety of breakfast meats. You could schedule it early before a day a the AK. Donald's Breakfastaurus at the AK is not bad either but Boma is my absolute favorite and I am not a big breakfast person. I told my DH that even though we are staying at the Swan this year, we need to plan at least one (and hopefully) two breakfasts at Boma. :)

Boma at AKL is the best breakfast IMHO....... No characters, but your child is so young, that shouldn't really matter. Afterwards you can take her to see the animals outside .

For the most part, the restaurants at the resorts are better than in the parks. With a big exception we found that our character breakfast at the Crystal Palace was the best. We had a 8:05 ressie (MK was opening at 9:00). You are in the park before it opens (GREAT) and since we were one of the first families they made my DD Chef of the Day! That was a major highlight of our trip, especially for her since she was afraid to do any of the attractions. She is a small 7 year old so they must have thought she was younger. It was the best character interaction we had the entire time at WDW.

If you want a character meal, something to consider is your daughter's reaction to the characters. When my children were babies/toddlers, they did not like masked characters, but they were okay with face characters like the princesses, Fairy Godmother etc. Our son, who we thought would love the characters, was petrified of them, to the point where we had to leave a character breakfast because he, and subsequently the rest of us, could not eat. Fortunately, on the last trip, they fully overcame their character phobia and it was fun to see them enjoy more typical character meals.

My personal favorite for breakfast is Kona Cafe. But if you think your DD will enjoy character interaction, I'd say try Crystal Palace.

Our all time favorite breakfast is the Crystal Palace... great food, beautiful atmosphere and fantastic character interaction.

Another thumbs up for Kona Cafe! You can get everything from a light breakfast (My favorite--Kona Delight--Melon, yogurt, granola & honey) and the world's best coffee (100% Kona press pot) to the decadent Tonga Toast (I can't believe I ate the whole thing!). The character breakfast at 'Ohana was hopping every morning of our stay, although we didn't try it.

Enjoy!

For great breakfast food I like Kona Cafe at the Poly, Concourse Steakhouse at Contemporary or Spoodles at Boardwalk. These are not character meals though. I've had my best character breakfast at Gulliver's at the Swan. Good food and the characters were very sensitive to my DDs both when they did and did not want a character around.

Originally posted by barbeml
Another thumbs up for Kona Cafe! You can get everything from a light breakfast (My favorite--Kona Delight--Melon, yogurt, granola & honey) and the world's best coffee (100% Kona press pot) to the decadent Tonga Toast (I can't believe I ate the whole thing!). The character breakfast at 'Ohana was hopping every morning of our stay, although we didn't try it.

Enjoy!

My thoughts exactly!!!

Enjoy!

My thoughts exactly!!!

Enjoy!

My thoughts exactly!!!

Enjoy!

My thoughts exactly!!!

Enjoy!

My thoughts exactly!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter