Online vs phone for ADRs?

Korileigh

Mouseketeer
So for those of you who have used the online system - is it easier to do that or to just call and make your reservations on the phone? I make mine tomorrow and am not sure which to try!

:thumbsup2
I did the online this week and felt like it was so much easier for me. We go for 10 days at a time and of course there is a complicated plan and backup plan for each day :rolleyes1 I could actually work with two windows, my window attached to my reservation and a window without so that I could book an ADR but then check somewhere else to make sure it works with my plan. It went so easily and I got everything I wanted except for one, which I had expected since I didn't call immediately on the first day I could. I also loved that if they didn't have my first choice it immediately popped up with others at about the same time and in the same proximity. That is great !

Now the CMs have always been great and helpful with me but this was just so much easier and I have printed confirmation rather than me writing down all the numbers and hope I didn't mess any up. And now I can easily check in off hours for any I might want to change to or add.

My 90 day ADR date was last sunday, & I ended up using the online system. I got up brite and early when dining lines opened up (6am my time) got on the phone and was put strait on hold. After sitting on hold for about 5 or6 min. I decided to jump online. To my surprise I made all of my ADR's before the CM even picked up the phone to assist me!!!! And boy did I get some good ones CRT, CM, CP, LC, and OHANA's just to name a few:banana::banana::banana: For me the online system worked great, I felt like I had more control. For example say I requested a 8:00 dinner @ OHANA's the system would come back nothing availible, but I would just adjust the time say to 7:15 and I would get offered a 7:50. If I were you I would hop online to night and fool around, get to know the system. I actually had which pages the resturaunts I wanted were on in order of importance, so when the time came I just wizzed right through. Good luck!

My 90 days were today and i got nothing that i wanted. My ds really wanted mickeys backyard bbq and cant get it. Frustrated. Why did they switch from 180 day adr back to 90

I'm starting with the online (tomorrow!!) because of the hour head start, but I won't be surprised if I end up having to call.

Online worked really well for me. I was able to get everything we wanted and most of them at or very close to the time we wanted. Of course we aren't trying to get any of the really popular restaurants. One thing I will point out that I haven't seen yet is that you can only do 10 reservations then they system makes you check those out and then you can start again on the rest.

Be grateful you have the choice :rotfl2: here in the uk we are having major problems with the online system ( relating to the reservation and phone numbers)

:sad2:

I made my first ADRs by phone back in January for my July trip. I called in at the 90 day mark and got everything I wanted. Unfortunately, I had to cancel that trip to to my mom's illnes.

However, I just booked an August vacation yesterday and made my ADR's on-line. It was much easier.

The web site is www.disneyworld.disney.go/restaurant/

Make sure that you log in first and stay active on the page. If you are inactive for 20 minutes, it will log you out and you have to start over.

Good luck.

I had no problems with the online reservations today. I even got LeCellier which I was surprised about! I know others have had problems getting their 90+10 to come up, but for me it was painless.

I did my ADRs this morning online. Though the system is a little quirky (and frankly disappointing for Disney) I thought it was faster compared to past trips when I booked by phone.

Having major issues this morning... won't let me book my 90+10 (says it can't retrive my reservation info). I called at 6:05 -was on hold for 45 mins and then got disconnected...back on hold now at the end of the line....grrr!:surfweb:

Cathy

I booked everything I wanted online this morning before the phone lines opened up. I got everything we wanted (including Le Cellier)! I just had to switch a couple restaurants and I have a couple early times. Of course, now I am on hold trying to make dd's BBB reservation.:rolleyes:

The online system is slow but it beats waiting 30 min just for someone to take your call. I really like how it will search for an hour before and after the time you put in. It will also search a range of dates, but that didn't work so well for me. I found it better to search for each day seperately.

I also like how you can put your choices in your cart and then if you want to change them it's very simple. Then you can just email them to yourself instead of writing it all down.

So for those of you who have used the online system - is it easier to do that or to just call and make your reservations on the phone? I make mine tomorrow and am not sure which to try!

Another vote for online here. I liked looking at the different restaurants and being able to play with the times and days myself.

Online was easier for me. If only for the fact that this morning I:

1) called at 7:05, was placed on hold
2) saw a post on here about how you can book online reservations at 7:15
3) had logged into Disney's site and started booking by 7:20
4) had everything booked (6 restaurants) by 7:45
5) had an email confirmation by 7:50
6) finally hung up the phone (still on hold) at 7:51

On 6/16 I called to make my ADRs for a 10 day split stay (5&5) at 7:45 AM. By 8:10 I was done and I had everything I wanted, within 30 minutes of my requested time. When I got home from work about 5, DH told me that ADRs could now be made online.

So, of course, I started 'playing' with it. One major difference that I see is: I asked "is anything available for LeCellier for dinner on the 20th?" The CM came back with "I have 4:55 and 6:40." I just find that easier to deal with than plugging in various times and being shown alternative restaurants at the time I wanted. Also, the fact that we have a split stay was not an issue and I think a computer would not have been able to book me into the second stay but the CM did.

What I liked about online ADRs is that I was able to confirm them on line and send myself an e-mail. I have printed it and that is what I will bring to WDW, in case we have any issues.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I had to call on my ADR day (the 24th) because I booked thru a TA. I called at 7:30 am and got everything I wanted EXCEPT LeCellier. Later in the day I read a post from someone who booked online after I did and they got LeCellier for the date/time I tried. I'm wondering if online and phone have a separate set of dates/times and they aren't tied together in the database?

We ended up doing a combo - both on our laptops and me also on the phone! By far we liked the online system - soooo easy and went fairly fast. We got everything we wanted - just had to change a couple days and times a little.

We got:
Ohana
Kona
1900 Park Fare
Chef Mickey's
Les Chef
Le Cellier
Coral Reef
Tusker House

WOOHOO!!!!! I am ready to go!

I made my ADR by phone, because I am booked with AAA. Is there someway I can see these Reservations on-line? How do i do it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter