• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online petition to bring back Tom Morrow!!

Hmmmm I did'nt know they took that part out. Well I would have known if we did'nt get stuck on the thing forever on the 9th.:sad2:
I'll sign.:goodvibes

I signed. I'm afraid to tell DD. She hasn't gotten over the Space Ship Earth re-hab yet.

I signed and my DH and DD will too.
You should have A LOT of signatures. I was part of a movement to save a t.v. show and we had almost 100,000 signatures( we also mailed thousands of pounds of peanuts to the network) and we got our show back on.

I would suggest that you let other Disney fansites know about the petition also.
Great job so far!!!!

I signed, 321! I hope this petition is successful! I haven't been on the ride with the new soundtrack yet(Jan!), but I was very disappointed to hear of the new changes earlier. Thanks to the OP for getting this started, great idea! :goodvibes

Btw, does anyone know if a petition for a change back to an old favorite way has ever been successful at Disney? If not, I hope this will be the first! :thumbsup2

Okay, so I went back and had my daughter sign, too, 322! (although somehow it got sent again as 324 and I don't know how to take that off). I have to add that I agree with other posters who say we need more signatures! I think this needs to stay bumped up and available to as many dissers as possible for a good while! There's no need really rush to get this there in a couple of days, and the longer and more signatures shown will make a stronger stand on our part, making our requests more valid and likely to be paid attention to.

I would have to agree. If I was a WDI person reading the petition, I'd think, "They don't like the new soundtrack" not "They want the old soundtrack back." At no point in the petition does it actually SAY "bring back Tom Morrow" or even "bring back the old soundtrack." In fact, the petition doesn't really petition anyone to do anything. All it does is show that a bunch of people agree that the new soundtrack is bland.

A petition is supposed to be a call to action. It's a request for a change. This doesn't request Disney do anything. It just says "We don't like it." :confused3 If you ended the petition with "Please bring back the original soundtrack", then it gives Disney something to consider.

:earsboy:

I definitely don't mean to offend so please don't take it that way, but I strongly agree with this poster that this petition does need to be fleshed out more with a few more details of what change the petition is trying to bring about and even why it is important! :thumbsup2

The TTA was the first ride I hopped on when we arrived at MK on 9/11 for our most recent trip! I was so excited that it was open (a day ahead of schedule) and I made every announcement (including Tom Morrow) to my disbelieving husband, who is usually hurtling around Space Mountain while I cruise the TTA over & over & over.
So yes, I signed the petition. I can't believe they changed the audio!:confused3 And, I also can't believe they won't let you stay on now. Who the heck is making these terrible decisions?

Hey, is that true that you can't stay on anymore? Has anyone been on it very recently and know that this is still going on? Do you have to leave and go down and then ride the escalator thing back up and start all over? I'm not sure of the point of this, particularly when the ride is not full or there is not a wait to get on. If people are waiting, obviously I see the point then.

Also, can the OP or anyone put the signature link in a Dis signature so dissers on other forums might see the link and go sign?

I'm going to give it a another day or two and then I'll email it over for the first delivery..Great job, everyone!!:cool1:

We're going to move this over to the theme parks community board, as that's where we usually put this kind of thread.

Signed! Good luck and hopefully Disney will listen....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter