Online Dining Mistake

pixistix

Mouseketeer
May 16th was my 180 days till my arrival for my 50th birthday trip to WDW.
I went online at 6 a.m. to make a reservation at O'Hana and the only time left was 8:15pm, so I took it. Fast forward to today when I see a $40 charge from WDW on my credit card statment dated May 16th. So I call Disney Dining and she said my reservation was for May 16th at 8:15 pm! :scared1:
I told her I made the reservation for November 18th and if she looks at my reservation number (which I had to enter) you could clearly see that I was arriving in November. So luckily, I was still able to get a reservation for O'Hana for November 18th but not till 8:45 pm...but I'll take it because that's where I want my bday dinner! :love:
So now I'm e-mailing guest relations to see if they will review it and refund my credit card. Anyone else have this issue?

Someone else just posted the same problem (don't know about the dates) yesterday or the day before.

Here is the post.

I noticed you have to be careful on the online site when booking because if you do certain things (maybe it was backing up a screen) the date boxes defaulted back to the current date or something. I once made a reservation for the wrong date - a date that was right around the day I was booking instead of months in the future. But I noticed and quickly cancelled it myself and made sure the right dates were in the boxes.

I did hear back from Disney yesterday and they are going to refund my card...so that and I still have a reservation at O'Hana for my birthday..I'm happy!:cool1:

Great news! Ohana is my favorite! I had to take a 915 ADR in mid June b/c thats all there was.. Never ate that late anywhere..lol

vicki c is absolutely correct about double checking your dates and times when making your ADRs. Any little correction or backing up can result in the dates defaulting to the current date. Had that happen MANY times when checking for availability.

So sorry you had to find out the hard way, but I'm glad you were able to get your refund. I really hope you enjoy your birthday trip!.

OP, Your experience also shows us they don't waste any time in charging your CC if it's used for a guarantee and you don't show up!! :upsidedow

I'm glad you were able to get it resolved. :thumbsup2 (Ohana is definitely one of the hardest ADRs to get. :worried:)

Do you have to book Ohanas with a CC?
I thought this was only for booking character meals?
I am going to try to made ADRs for our next trip.

'Ohana's is also a CC guarantee location - all fixed price meals, character meals and maybe a few others. There's a list at the top of the board somewhere in a sticky.

'Ohana's is also a CC guarantee location - all fixed price meals, character meals and maybe a few others. There's a list at the top of the board somewhere in a sticky.

:thumbsup2 Here's the list (I printed it out to keep handy ;)):

Pre-Paid Locations

• Cinderella’s Royal Table
• Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
• Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
• Mickey’s Backyard BBQ

Credit Card Guarantee Locations

• 1900 Park Fare
• Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
• Artist Point
• California Grill
• Cape May Café
• Chef Mickey’s
• Cítricos
• The Crystal Palace
• Flying Fish Café
• The Garden Grill
• Hollywood & Vine
• Jiko – The Cooking Place
• Le Cellier Steakhouse
• Narcoossee’s
• Ohana
• Tusker House
• The Hollywood Brown Derby
• Victoria & Albert’s (cancellation policy is $25/per person)
• Yachtsman Steakhouse

The same thing happened to me a few months back. It was a $20 charge but I did not think to call guest relations. The CM I spoke to told me there was nothing she could do about it.... sad1:

WOW I can see how this would happen. I hope it all works out for you & I'm sure it will.

I made this mistake today for Spirit of Aloha. I noticed almost right away and called but my card had already been charged. The CM was super nice and we kept making jokes about getting on the plane and flying to Orlando today in time for the reservation. :thumbsup2 In the end she was able to move my reservation, change me from a catagory 3 to a catagory 2 :woohoo: and refund my credit card. At the end of the call when she was wishing me a magical day, she recommended that I order Polynesian food and watch the show via Youtube tonight :happytv: We were both laughing very hard when the call ended.

That is one thing I don't like about booking online. The default pops up to often. It happens on the resort bookings too. Once you get your quote if you use edit on the side to check a different date or resort it will change the ticket and dining options. I was pricing a trip with quick service and every time I edited and researched it changed to the regular dining plan. They really need to fix that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter