Online Cruise Check In - "How To" Refresher

asamklove

Mouseketeer
Hi - Its been a couple years since my last cruise and I'm looking for advice/reminders on the online check-in process. I've accessed my reservation online, and I can see the date when I can start doing stuff, but I want to be certain of the specific details...
For example...
1) I can't register anyone until my check in date, right? I.e., enter passport info, cc info, etc?
2) How much do I have to enter before I can try to book a cabana for Castaway Cay (I know, I know - almost impossible, but I want to try as a surprise for my parents)?
etc., etc.

thanks in advance!

Hi - Its been a couple years since my last cruise and I'm looking for advice/reminders on the online check-in process. I've accessed my reservation online, and I can see the date when I can start doing stuff, but I want to be certain of the specific details...
For example...
1) I can't register anyone until my check in date, right? I.e., enter passport info, cc info, etc?
2) How much do I have to enter before I can try to book a cabana for Castaway Cay (I know, I know - almost impossible, but I want to try as a surprise for my parents)?
etc., etc.

thanks in advance!
The online check in/excursions booking window opens at midnight the day you window opens (based on your Castaway Club level).

You can't access it to enter any information until that time.

You don't need to complete the online check in before booking excursions. If a Cabana is most important to you, I'd suggest you go there first to see if you can get one.

For example...
etc., etc.

thanks in advance!

The Disney website will tell you the day you can start booking excursions. You can log on midnight eastern time that day (don't log on early!) and go right to reserving the cabana.

Depending on your Castaway Club status, you may or may not have luck booking a cabana. If you are all adults, you might consider one at Serenity Bay (the adult beach). They only have 4 cabanas there, it is not a private beach for the cabanas, but they are separated from the rest of the beach by a good shrubbery barrier, so you will feel quite isolated yet very close to everything (beach, food, bike rentals, hiking path). They also cost less! Although I don't track them very much, whenever get get one the family cabanas seem quite sold out, and that's the feeling I get from various posts on this board. On one cruise last year 3 of the 4 were not rented (we were the only one, had the cabana staff all to ourselves!).

Then, go back and do the online checkin at your leisure.

I was just working on a 'tips/tricks' list for our extended family that will be sailing with us to help them complete online check-in.

First, shmoo is right...if the cabana is a top priority, try to book that first. You do not need to have completed online check-in to book excursions/etc.

The reason to 'rush' the online check-in is to choose your port arrival time, if that is important to you. Just keep in mind, you will need the following things handy to complete on the online check-in: passport numbers; credit card to use for on-board charges; and complete flight details if you're flying in and out of an airport.

:goodvibes

I was just working on a 'tips/tricks' list for our extended family that will be sailing with us to help them complete online check-in.

First, shmoo is right...if the cabana is a top priority, try to book that first. You do not need to have completed online check-in to book excursions/etc.

The reason to 'rush' the online check-in is to choose your port arrival time, if that is important to you. Just keep in mind, you will need the following things handy to complete on the online check-in: passport numbers; credit card to use for on-board charges; and complete flight details if you're flying in and out of an airport.

:goodvibes
If you really want to "rush" through the online check in to get to the PAT page (the PAT page won't unlock until you have completed everything prior to that), you can just use the default choices on the previous pages, or even gibberish. Say you are using "other ID" and you don't have to take the time to enter passport numbers. Say you are driving to the port and you don't have to enter flight numbers/times. The computer system only recognizes that something has been entered. You can then go back and "correct" any errors after you've selected your PAT.

If you really want to "rush" through the online check in to get to the PAT page (the PAT page won't unlock until you have completed everything prior to that), you can just use the default choices on the previous pages, or even gibberish. Say you are using "other ID" and you don't have to take the time to enter passport numbers. Say you are driving to the port and you don't have to enter flight numbers/times. The computer system only recognizes that something has been entered. You can then go back and "correct" any errors after you've selected your PAT.

Wow, thanks for that tip! My DD's passport won't be here before the opening our our online check-in window!

This thread is really helpful! It's been a few years for us, as well, and I can't remember exactly what to do.

Do we have to be paid in full before we can access any of this (we are silver if that makes a difference)? (PAT, online check-in, excursion options)

This thread is really helpful! It's been a few years for us, as well, and I can't remember exactly what to do.

Do we have to be paid in full before we can access any of this (we are silver if that makes a difference)? (PAT, online check-in, excursion options)
You must be paid in full to book excursions/adult dining/spa/etc. You do not need to be paid in full to do your online check in.

Silver window opens at 90 days out.

We will be coming from Pop Century to Port Canaveral for our Fantasy cruise in October. How do I know what PAT to choose from when coming from the hotel?

What if you are doing the Alaskan cruise and booked air transportation through the Disney website? (This may not have been the less expensive way to go but I figure they are booking the flight and transportation to get there on time from STL, I just have to get to the airport on time and fly.) Anyway, does DCL pick my port arrival time based on airline arrival time or do I still need to pick?

We will be coming from Pop Century to Port Canaveral for our Fantasy cruise in October. How do I know what PAT to choose from when coming from the hotel?
If you travel by DCL transfer just pick any time. You will be allowed to check in at arrival and by the time DCL busses arrive "open boarding" will most likely be in place, so anyone can board and boarding numbers are irrelevant.
If you go by private transfer or car, just pick the time that suits you and have a great cruise.

Thanks for posting this! My window opens tomorrow & I couldn't remember for the life of me the exact time I was able to start.

Question- I will be trying to book a Palo brunch, Remy dinner, nursery hours AND trying to get an early PAT. What order would you do all of these in? Tall my other cruises I was only ever trying to get Palo brunch. Also, this is a big family cruise and I am the only one in the family that is Gold. If I get an early PAT time and they don't how do they handle that since we all will be arriving together? My only cruise with PAT I was staying at the Hyatt MCO so we didn't have to worry about it.

If you travel by DCL transfer just pick any time. You will be allowed to check in at arrival and by the time DCL busses arrive "open boarding" will most likely be in place, so anyone can board and boarding numbers are irrelevant.
If you go by private transfer or car, just pick the time that suits you and have a great cruise.
Thank you very much!

I will be trying to book a Palo brunch, Remy dinner, nursery hours AND trying to get an early PAT. What order would you do all of these in? Tall my other cruises I was only ever trying to get Palo brunch. Also, this is a big family cruise and I am the only one in the family that is Gold. If I get an early PAT time and they don't how do they handle that since we all will be arriving together? My only cruise with PAT I was staying at the Hyatt MCO so we didn't have to worry about it.
You didn't specify which Ship or Cruise and how many sea days you will have, but: Make a list of what is most important to you. Palo brunch will probably be the hardest to get, so I would do that first. Then PAT and then Remy diner. Can't comment on Nursery hours.
Note that for Palo and Remy brunch and dinertimes will be helt for booking on the Ship, so if you can't get your brunch/diner at the time you wish inquire on embarkation for the possibilities. Your day-1 Personal Navigator will specify the time and place where Palo/Remy reservations will be taken. You receive this navigator at check-in, so study it before boarding.

You will be allowed into your booking window as soon as the highest ranked CC member per stateroom (not per reservation) reaches the day. When you do not get matching PAT's you can still arrive together and board when the latest boarding number in your group is called. If you explain the situation at check in you might get some pixie dust and get assigned the lowest boarding number of the group, don't count on it, but it's worth asking. On the other hand: boarding numbers enroll quickly once the boarding process has started.

You just majorly lowered my stress level! Coordinating 28 people tonight and not everyone has their passports yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter