online checkin question

Lampoon2012

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I am currently past my 60 day mark and I'm trying to do the online check in for my group. Does anyone know if the CC you use for online checkin can be changed once we physically arrive? We have three rooms to check in and last time checking in once we arrived took forever. So we are trying to curb the length of time we are standing at a counter. Thanks.

It can be. But be aware that if you haven't paid off your room, they may run that card prior to your checking in to cover what is due.

It would be easier and take less time if you can use the card for each room that will be used during the stay for charging.

Our rooms are all paid in full, so that's not an issue. It's just one room isn't sure what card they want to link at this time. And I really don't want that to hold us up when we get to the resort.

Yes you can change it. But isn't that going to increase the checkin time?

Sidenote, half the time the system dumps the card I've entered anyway, causing me to have to give it to them again.

Lastly, if they are going to have room charging, set it up during the in person checkin process. The worst times we've had with their computer system us when we go the second or so day to add it. Seems impossible to do it that way. (Not impossible but takes a year)

I feel like everything that Disney does that is based on a computer system is horrible. They have grand ideas, but it never seems to run smooth. Our last trip we had one person in our party that never was able to use his dining points in the cafe area of POR and his fingerprints at the gate never worked. I figure if we do online check-in it should mainstream everything. If they want to go back and change their cc they can do that. --just my hopes, I can still see us standing there for ages.

Hi all,

I am currently past my 60 day mark and I'm trying to do the online check in for my group. Does anyone know if the CC you use for online checkin can be changed once we physically arrive? We have three rooms to check in and last time checking in once we arrived took forever. So we are trying to curb the length of time we are standing at a counter. Thanks.
On line checkin is meant for the folks who are all set and ready to accept everything they have set up. If you need to spend time talking to a CM to change credit cards, you should wait and check in at the resort in the regular line. Having to do other things in the online checkin line slows the whole process for everyone in line behind you.

When I suggest them changing their cc, I mean after we have our rooms and before they start charging. Not during the check-in process when we first get there.

When I suggest them changing their cc, I mean after we have our rooms and before they start charging. Not during the check-in process when we first get there.

I don't understand this. So they will have to go back down to the desk and wait in line yet again? It would be easier to do it during the check in process. It would be better yet for that room to figure out what card they want to use, and to put that one on file during the on line check in process.

It's not my room, and since we are all connected in my family and have connecting/adjoining rooms, if we don't all check in together then it takes forever. One room has already checked in online, and I am all set to check in online, it's just the third room. We did check them in with their debit cards, so if they want to change it they can. No different than going down and paying cash or GC at the end of each day/trip. I don't know why I was over thinning it.

It's not my room, and since we are all connected in my family and have connecting/adjoining rooms, if we don't all check in together then it takes forever. One room has already checked in online, and I am all set to check in online, it's just the third room. We did check them in with their debit cards, so if they want to change it they can. No different than going down and paying cash or GC at the end of each day/trip. I don't know why I was over thinning it.

You don't know you have connecting or adjoining rooms. They are a request only. You won't know if you have them until you check in at the resort.

You don't know you have connecting or adjoining rooms. They are a request only. You won't know if you have them until you check in at the resort.
yes I'm aware that it is request only. but chances are it will be adjoining. And yes we are all guaranteed to be connected under our travel with numbers. This is not my first trip, I was just trying to fix little annoying things from our last trip that we learned. When one person did online check-in and the others did not it slowed everyone down, guest services also had to change things because of if. I didn't realize this was going to be an attack after asking such a simple question. The question was answered and like I said, I don't know why I was over thinking it so much....no diff than using cash or GC at checkout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter