Online Check-in

allie_to_you

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes...
Ok, so our trip in April will be the first time we are using online check-in. How does it work? Do you get told your building/room number in advance and then a text once your room is ready? We'll be arriving the morning of our vacation, before our room will be ready. Will we be able to start using our dining credits as soon as we arrive if we have done online check-in or do we have to do anything to activate that. Also, what about our refillable mugs? Do they have those and resort maps and stuff already in the room?

You'll get your room number when the room is ready (text and in MDE). You should be able to use dining credits right away. You can pick up your refillable mugs at any resort (doesn't have to be the one you're staying in), they will not be in your room waiting.

Ok, so our trip in April will be the first time we are using online check-in. How does it work? Do you get told your building/room number in advance and then a text once your room is ready?

You won't get your room number in advance. And you may or may not get a test with your room number when it's ready. Some guests are able to Bypass The Front Desk and some still have to stop by to get their room number.

We'll be arriving the morning of our vacation, before our room will be ready. Will we be able to start using our dining credits as soon as we arrive if we have done online check-in or do we have to do anything to activate that.

You will be able to use your dining credits as soon as you arrive whether you do Online Check In or not.

Also, what about our refillable mugs? Do they have those and resort maps and stuff already in the room?

No. You will have to go to the food court, or wherever the resort sells them, and the CM will scan your Magic Bands to verify you have the Dining Plan and give you your mugs.

We have gotten a text everytime so far when our room is ready and the room number. But we arrive after 1 pm. Usually have a text while we are at the airport.
If your room is not ready, you can leave your bags with bell services.

We have gotten a text everytime so far when our room is ready and the room number. But we arrive after 1 pm. Usually have a text while we are at the airport.
If your room is not ready, you can leave your bags with bell services.

I have yet to get a text EVER, even when I get there and my room is ready (or when it was not and they verified my cell number to text me when it was). So it does NOT happen for everyone.

I have gotten a text every time usually before 12:00 noon telling me my room number, it has always worked out quite well. I think if you have a lot of specific requests it may slow down the process, but if you are happy with any room in the general location you paid for, you will not be disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter