Online Check In?

cbellasmomma

Mouseketeer
Can someone please explain what I am missing? I keep hearing about online check in and more than one request for a particular building etc but I don't have that option.

I am staying at the Poly on The Deal through a TA. Is that why I'm not seeing it. I only have one option for a longhouse and another option (ie balcony, etc).

Thanks!

It's possible you cannot see it because you booked through at TA, but I'm guessing you would still be provided with Disney's confirmation # for your reservation. I don't know what room options they offer at Poly, having never stayed there, but I know they vary depending on the type of room you booked. I also know you can do online check-in up to 60 days before your actual check-in date. It does speed up the process slightly, but mostly it just spares you from waiting in a longer line to check in when you arrive as many resorts have separate lines for people who did online check-in.

I did The Deal through the TA for a couple of nights at Beach Club and I was able to do my online check in recently. I could pick which floor/near elevator/transportation ... and then was given the option to pick 'early check in' to be placed in priority to my requests (which I chose because we are arriving around 11am). I don't think I received an email regarding on line check in from TA, but I did notice it on MDE. Maybe contact the TA? I agree with PP and it only speeds up process slightly, but I feel better having put in my requests. Good luck.

Most choices will be section, floor, view, near transportation, near elevator....

We always put our requests on reservation and they were good about meeting them until the online check in started. I began having problems and being refused a change on arrival even though due to medical. I started doing online check in and all of my requests have been met every time since.

Last edited:

Can someone please explain what I am missing? I keep hearing about online check in and more than one request for a particular building etc but I don't have that option.

I am staying at the Poly on The Deal through a TA. Is that why I'm not seeing it. I only have one option for a longhouse and another option (ie balcony, etc).

Thanks!

i've never stayed at poly so i'm not very familiar with the resort.
i can tell you that you are only allowed to choose 2 requests during online check in
you can choose from...
balcony
ground floor
second floor
patio
aotearoa building
fiji building
hawaii building
niue building
rapa nui building
rarotonga building
samoa building
tahiti building
tokelau building
tulalu building

plus you can choose to have your room ready early.
keep in mind though that if you choose this option it becomes your most important request.

they do try to give everyone all things they request but nothing is guaranteed.

you can check in online and make room requests up to 60 days out.

I have book my own trips with Disney and love being able to use the online check in. My daughter and I was just there in May. When we landed at the airport, we had received a text message
that our room was not ready but we could drop off our luggage then headed to the park which we did. Around 1:00 we received another text stating room was ready with our room number and location. We did not have to check in at the front desk at all. :chewy::maleficen

FYI - Most locations with online check-in now allow you to go straight to your room, skipping the line altogether.

Thanks!
Not sure what you are thinking you are missing. You get the same options for check in that anyone else gets. Who you booked with has no impact on that. What controls the options is the room/resort category.
You say you can see options for picking a longhouse and/or a floor/feature.
Folks can pick any 2 of those they want.
2 different long houses
long house and floor/feature
2 floor feature options
etc
Are you saying you do not see the items listed in post #5?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter