• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online check in

granmaz

Dis Veteran and Old Geezer
We have never checked in online prior to our stays. Are there any negatives in doing so or is everything positive? I did hear some time ago that you can't ask for a room change if you have done the online check in and sometimes we have managed to get a better(for us) room at normal check in so haven't bothered, but not sure this is true.

Thanks.

Online line check in is designed to reduce employees and move guests. Disney's goal is for you to pick up your room info and never talk to a CM.

For DVC it's really not needed, long lines at check in rarely happen and room requests are better served by sending a contact form to MS via the member website. Rooms are assigned up tp a week before arrival or sometimes after arrival.

:earsboy: Bill

We've been using online check-in for the last few years and it has been mostly a positive experience. It's definitely saved us time upon arrival. Also, the ability to request up to two preferences such as proximity to elevators or transportation, etc., while not guaranteed, have been fulfilled on most of our visits. We usually fly into MCO early in the morning. Online checkin allows entry of your arrival and departure times. Again, Disney makes no guarantee, but most visits, our room was available at check-in and the housekeepers were aware of our 10:30 checkout time, so they were't beating on our doors at 9 in the morning.

Thank you both for your replies. I didn't know if you had space for requests/preferences so that is good. I had already sent an email to MS with ours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter