Online check-in

ksagan

Dreaming about Disney.
What do I need to complete the online check-in? Our window opens up right after the first of the year and I want to be prepared so I can just get it all done. I will be checking in for me and my family plus my mom and sister in another room.

Thanks in advance.

What do I need to complete the online check-in? Our window opens up right after the first of the year and I want to be prepared so I can just get it all done. I will be checking in for me and my family plus my mom and sister in another room.

Thanks in advance.

The main thing would probably be your port arrival time...
Passport info, name of guests, registering children, flight info etc... it can be edited any time prior to you cruise.

Thanks in advance.

If you have any problems with the necessary information, just fill in default information (examples below.) You can go back and edit when you have the correct information, up until 3 days before your cruise.

Passport numbers/expiration dates. If you don't have them, just put that you're using birth certificates (if that's allowable on your particular cruise.)

Travel information. If you don't have your flights, or hotel reservations pre/post cruise, just put that you're driving and going directly home afterward.

Credit card number. Or you can put that you're paying with cash. When I did an on-line check-in awhile ago, our credit card was due to expire before the cruise, so DCL wouldn't accept it. So I waited til we received the new cards to complete our online check-in, and ended up with a crummy port arrival time (PAT). I should have just listed that we were paying with cash, got a better PAT, and edited our online check-information later.

Full names (must match names on passports) birth dates, home addresses, emergency contact of friend/family member who's not traveling with you.

If you have any problems with the necessary information, just fill in default information (examples below.) You can go back and edit when you have the correct information, up until 3 days before your cruise.

Passport numbers/expiration dates. If you don't have them, just put that you're using birth certificates (if that's allowable on your particular cruise.)

Travel information. If you don't have your flights, or hotel reservations pre/post cruise, just put that you're driving and going directly home afterward.

Credit card number. Or you can put that you're paying with cash. When I did an on-line check-in awhile ago, our credit card was due to expire before the cruise, so DCL wouldn't accept it. So I waited til we received the new cards to complete our online check-in, and ended up with a crummy port arrival time (PAT). I should have just listed that we were paying with cash, got a better PAT, and edited our online check-information later.

Full names (must match names on passports) birth dates, home addresses, emergency contact of friend/family member who's not traveling with you.

Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for. I looked for this info on the DCL site, but could not find the specifics like you included here!

What time can I begin the online check-in?

:thumbsup2

The online checkin/port excursion window opens at midnight eastern time (whatever time that is where you live). And you must log in after midnight. If you are already logged in prior to midnight, just hitting "refresh" won't do it.

You will need reservation number and the birthdate for one of the people on each reservation for the checkin page to open.

For the PAT page to "unlock" all information on the previous pages must be filled in. As noted, this info can be the correct info, default answers, gibberish, whatever. But something must be filled in. You can always go back at a later time to correct any errors.

:thumbsup2

The online checkin/port excursion window opens at midnight eastern time (whatever time that is where you live). And you must log in after midnight. If you are already logged in prior to midnight, just hitting "refresh" won't do it.

You will need reservation number and the birthdate for one of the people on each reservation for the checkin page to open.

For the PAT page to "unlock" all information on the previous pages must be filled in. As noted, this info can be the correct info, default answers, gibberish, whatever. But something must be filled in. You can always go back at a later time to correct any errors.

Thank you! Thank you! I am starting to get (even more) obsessed since it is getting so close!

Looks like the OP has gotten all their answers. Just one more thing...you must be paid in full before you can do your checkin.

Looks like the OP has gotten all their answers. Just one more thing...you must be paid in full before you can do your checkin.

Actually, I believe you must paid in full to book excursions. You don't need to be paid in full to do the online checkin (unless it's your PIF date or after).

I have found that even though it's quoted that online check in starts the same time to me each of my last three cruises it opened up some three hours later. I asked DCL why they said it's there computer system and they of not know but don't worry as I am platinum. Ie get whatever PAT I want it's not part of online check in for concierge or platinum.

You have to be PIF to do it.

I completed my online check-in last Sunday morning - and I do mean early Sunday morning. I set the alarm to wake up at 1:25 am to start the process as soon as my window opened (we live in Newfoundland).
Because I had already entered the passport info and different addresses for all my travelling companions, it went smoothly and quickly. I was back in bed in mere minutes with everything on my wish list booked, child registered, and desired PAT booked!
Kudos to you for doing the prep work!

I have found that even though it's quoted that online check in starts the same time to me each of my last three cruises it opened up some three hours later. I asked DCL why they said it's there computer system and they of not know but don't worry as I am platinum. Ie get whatever PAT I want it's not part of online check in for concierge or platinum.

You have to be PIF to do it.

Interesting! I was in mere seconds after the window opened.

If your reservations are linked it makes it easier on check in. You can book Palo and excursions for everyone in your party at the same time, instead of having to work through two reservations. If one room is paying the onboard charges for the other room, having the resies linked helps with this too.

You will still have to go to the second resie fully input the other peoples addresses, emergency contacts, passport info.

If your reservations are linked it makes it easier on check in. You can book Palo and excursions for everyone in your party at the same time, instead of having to work through two reservations. If one room is paying the onboard charges for the other room, having the resies linked helps with this too.

You will still have to go to the second resie fully input the other peoples addresses, emergency contacts, passport info.

You can only do that if at least one person in each room is at least the same CC status as you are. If you are, for example, Gold and your second room is only first time cruisers, their names will be on your reservation page, but greyed out. They cannot be selected until their actual booking window opens.

That makes sense!!

I guess that's why DW is staying in one room and I am in the other on our next cruise ;) And this is the first time that we have cruised with friends.

Hi, I am also a few days away from online check in. I noticed that some of you mentioned that you "plugged in" the passport information before check in day for a faster check in proces . Where would I do that? None of my guest information is set up as a link. Thanks!

Hi, I am also a few days away from online check in. I noticed that some of you mentioned that you "plugged in" the passport information before check in day for a faster check in proces . Where would I do that? None of my guest information is set up as a link. Thanks!

I booked online with Disney and entered it all online when I booked! I just took a quick look to see if I could find somewhere to enter after the fact, but wasn't successful. Perhaps you could call direct and have them enter over the phone....or they could tell you where to enter it. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter