• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OnLine check in

cinderellasmom

Earning My Ears
Disney emailed me and asked if I wanted to check in online (we arrive next tues). Any benefit or downside to it? I'm unfamiliar with it. Thanks!

I always do online checkin. In my experience with checking in this way, I have never had to wait in line at the check in desk. Basically it is to save a little time.

There isn't anyplace to make specific room requests when you check in online. Call and have your request added to your reservation.

I always do online checkin. In my experience with checking in this way, I have never had to wait in line at the check in desk. Basically it is to save a little time.

Just checked in a couple of days ago for upcoming trip!!! I've also done this on previous trips. It does seem to make check in a little easier & quicker! :thumbsup2

It just speeds things up a little. I sometimes do it when I have family members in the car waiting for me.

Hve fun.

:)

I did online check in for our first trip last May and I wish I hadn't. Our room requests were all met, but I felt really rushed and like everything was handed to me and there you go- you're on your own! Just very quick and not very welcoming. The CM was great and friendly, so it wasn't that- just too quick.

I did online check in for our first trip last May and I wish I hadn't. Our room requests were all met, but I felt really rushed and like everything was handed to me and there you go- you're on your own! Just very quick and not very welcoming. The CM was great and friendly, so it wasn't that- just too quick.

That's what online check in is for, quickly grabbing your packet and being on your way. It usually a good idea to not do online check-in if it's your first stay at that resort.

I will be doing online check in. This is our 4th WDW trip, so I don't really need the whole check in "spiel." Our only request is an early check in. As long as we get a room when we arrive I will be happy with any location!

I almost always arrive early and have found that when doing online check-in, I almost always get a room that's ready but not necessarily meets my requests. I prefer to have my requests met rather than a room that's ready when I arrive, so I probably won't do online check in again in the future, unless I'm anticipating a busy check-in when I arrive. I got the impression from a CM that the room assigners try to get online check-in people into rooms that will be ready when they arrive which is why they ask for your arrival time. If they can grant your request they will try but if your requested room isn't ready, they will put you elsewhere that will be ready.

I did online check in at 10 days out, but when my husband showed up to check in (he got there before we did) there IS NO ONLINE CHECK IN desk at All Star Music. I looked myself when I went through the lobby and there is no sign for online check in guests at ASMu.

I've never done on-line check in yet. So I am interested in the responces. When we've gone, I've never had a long line at check in, and actually enjoy the check in process :rolleyes: I know, strange :rotfl:
I'm debating it for the first time for Jan trip to WL. But don't know. Maybe not.

If you don't have special request and don't require a "magical check-in" experience go for it. We used it the last 2 trips & will use it again. We just want to get on our way so it works for us

If it's your first time at WL, I'd advise doing the regular check in so you can hear some of the great info (Hidden Mickeys or times for the Lodge Tour)!

I did online check in at 10 days out, but when my husband showed up to check in (he got there before we did) there IS NO ONLINE CHECK IN desk at All Star Music. I looked myself when I went through the lobby and there is no sign for online check in guests at ASMu.

That is odd... we arrived 10/17 and there was an online check-in sign that was to the right of the regular check-in. Our packet was ready and waiting when we arrived.

That is odd... we arrived 10/17 and there was an online check-in sign that was to the right of the regular check-in. Our packet was ready and waiting when we arrived.

I was concerned about this after reading this post, so I posted a question about it the other day and other Dis'ers agree that YES there is an online check in counter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter