Online Check In????

Louise-Montreal

<font color=CC99CC>Vous parlez Francais, Tag Fairy
Other than saving 15 minutes at Check In- what are the other advantages?
If I do online check in- will I be able to get my room earlier?
Thanks in advance!

Disney is pitching on-line check-in as a way to reduce the amount of time it takes you to get your room keys and welcome packet once you reach the resort.

I know it is a sample of one, but when we checked in online I don't think it saved any time. No one was working the online check in desk when we got there, so we had to wait 5 or ten minutes even though nobody was ahead of us in line. I'll try again in December when we go

Online check in doesn't have much of an advantage for DVC Members.

:earsboy: Bill

I've used it twice now and both times I was in and out in a flash. I have spent some of the best years of my life checking in at Disney, so I really appreciated the fact that everything was ready. They greeted me, handed me my welcome packet and keys and I was on my way. IMHO...it's awesome. :thumbsup2

Online check in doesn't have much of an advantage for DVC Members.

If you come in on a ME bus with several other guests it really can save quite a bit of time. We used ME recently and about 10 guests got off the bus with us. We were the only ones who used the online check in and it did save us the wait in line. Not a big deal, but it was nice.

The only advantage is faster check-in. It does not have any advantage in getting room earlier or getting any requests. Example, we used it at Kidani earlier this year. It was quick when we checked in about two but we did not get room until four. Also, we had requested lower floor (second or third; there is no first), close to the lobby (we had savanna view). Room we got was on 4th floor right near the end of the north wing, more than 1/4 mile from the lobby.

If you come in on a ME bus with several other guests it really can save quite a bit of time. We used ME recently and about 10 guests got off the bus with us. We were the only ones who used the online check in and it did save us the wait in line. Not a big deal, but it was nice.

Faster check in is a crap shoot.

Sometimes the online check in position isn't staffed. Other times there were several people in the online check in line and they all seemed to want to negotiate for a "better" room location while other positions were vacant.

We have also had a missing packet, room not assigned yet and missing room keys.

We have been told that online check in saves Disney money and that they will not allow room change requests in the near future.

I would use online check in if it let me designate who in my travel party has charging privileges.

Online check-in actually took me longer this time. There was no one waiting in that line, so I got my package ASAP. But they had charged our dining plan off to the credit card I'd pre-registered with. I wanted to charge it to a Disney Visa Reqards Card. It took a manager to show the Cast Member assisting me how to reverse the original charge.

drusba - we had a similar experience :rotfl::rotfl: I had not made any requests, had a savanna view reserved. Our view was the small Pembe savanna and we were 35 rooms from the lobby :rotfl::rotfl: to the north. But I do have to say, it was quiet in the "north forty" :rotfl: We checked in about 3:30 and room was ready.

I felt like if we had not done online check-in I may have had a chance to ask about other rooms that may have been available.

And to clarify: we had a good time and really enjoyed Kidani Village. i would give it another try and hope for an improvement in location of the room.

I think it helped us get our room early a year ago last March at BCV. There's a section to put when you expect to arrive. We had no specific room requests, so it worked out great. We got our room at 11:00 a.m.

I think it helped us get our room early a year ago last March at BCV. There's a section to put when you expect to arrive. We had no specific room requests, so it worked out great. We got our room at 11:00 a.m.

I agree. We usually arrive around noon and on our last two trips I used the online checkin and both times the room was ready. It may have just been a fluke but I like that the online system asks what time you will be arriving.

Faster check in is a crap shoot.

Sometimes the online check in position isn't staffed. Other times there were several people in the online check in line and they all seemed to want to negotiate for a "better" room location while other positions were vacant.

We have also had a missing packet, room not assigned yet and missing room keys.

We have been told that online check in saves Disney money and that they will not allow room change requests in the near future.

Last time we used it they lost the online checkin folder and it took about 15 minutes of waiting to find it. Another CM was at the regular desk with nothing to do and just starred at us. The room was not ready (we checked in about 2pm).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter